Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:50:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB 25th anniversary meetup in Belfast!

Started by lauraxsynthesis, March 23, 2024, 03:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Saturdays can you do?

3 August
5 (38.5%)
10 August
6 (46.2%)
17 August
7 (53.8%)
24 August
7 (53.8%)
31 August
8 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

lauraxsynthesis

August 2024 it'll be 25 years since all the bald phimotics started to get together to file share, geek out over comedy, gossip, arrange meetups etc. Our Lord and Saviour @Barry Admin lives in Belfast and may bless us with his presence. So who else can make it and when?

Suggestions for venues and other events we might like also welcome.

madhair60

Kankurette

I may go to this, I liked Belfast and it's easy to get to from Manchester. Arsed cigs about dates tbh.

lauraxsynthesis

Quote from: madhair60 on March 23, 2024, 03:19:52 PMhow about cambridge, on april 20th

You can stick Cambridge up your arse.

Although I am going and am hoping my dog wees on you.

madhair60

buttgammon

It's only a train ride away and I've been meaning to go to Belfast for ages - count me in!

non capisco

Potentially free for any of those weekends.

The Lurker

Oo, I'd be up for this. Never been to Belfast before. I'll let you all decide the date.

flotemysost

Away the 3rd and 17th, and got couple of good pals' birthdays + nascent bank holiday plans the other weekends so am nominally keeping them free for now BUT nothing solid booked in for those yet, so if it turns out I'm around on whichever date you lot plump for then I might be down for this. Never been to Belfast before either and hanging out with a bunch of you scoundrels seems as good a reason as any.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

If I can sort out the money to go do it I may be interested, we shall see. No plans for any of August currently

non capisco

Right, I'm going to plump for 24th because it's my birthday weekend and that means you'll all have to buy me a drink.

EDIT: YASSSS MAN, IN THE LEAD BY ONE POINT.

Ferris

I'm visiting family in the UK and Ireland in august so a tiny chance I'll make this.

So there's your excuse to come up with other plans, quick.

Butchers Blind

shoulders

No fkin way I'm setting with A THOUSAND MIIIIILES of that shithole

Edit, Sorry, thought this was the Cambridge meet thread

DrGreggles

Can't do 17th or 24th due to Edinburgh, but the others are good. 3rd would be a favourite.

M-CORP

Belfast is a long trek for me... but I need to plan a weekend getaway for the summer, and never been to Belfast, so you never know.

madhair60

Oosp

Just so ye know, Aug 5th is a bank holiday south of the border, so it's likely that some of us will be in great demand around the 3rd for fancy holidays and leading the childer around the Burren on the family mule

Brass Moustache

Will definitely be at this one, any date is good for me i think.
How many other cook'd and bombers are resident Norn Ironers?

I just realised reading that last sentence back sounds a bit unfortunate given the troubled history.

Magnum Valentino

Wife's birthday is the 3rd so please not then (she won't want to come but I do!)

I don't think there's that many of us from NI is there? I think Duke is but he's never around any more.

imitationleather

I'd love to do this. CaB is the most important thing in my life and I will love it forever.

Small Man Big Horse

I'd really love to do this as well but I doubt I'll be able to afford it, and there's also two weekends that I can't do due to a friend's birthday and another social event. But I plan to keep an eye on the thread, and if by luck I'm free the weekend it happens I'll try to somehow make it over.

lauraxsynthesis

Looking with anxiety at the voting as I prob can't actually do the 24th myself. I'm keeping the poll open until the moment another day is in the lead then I'm closing it like a New Labour stitch-up.

Glebe

Quote from: buttgammon on March 23, 2024, 03:49:35 PMIt's only a train ride away and I've been meaning to go to Belfast for ages - count me in!

Same here on both counts, it would be ideal and I'd finally go to a CaB meet (I'll be celebrating me own Verbwhore 25th next year and still haven't met any of ye lot, for shame). Heads not in a great place and I'd be shy and nervous about going anyway but fuck it. I'm up for it.

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on March 24, 2024, 01:21:50 AMWife's birthday is the 3rd so please not then (she won't want to come but I do!)

Preemptive Happy Birthday to Missus Magnum!

Mr_Simnock

unless certain members who are no longer about suddenly turn up will pass on this one

QDRPHNC

Hmm, I could use visiting family as an excuse to attend.

The Lurker