Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:36:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Only Connect

Started by Pie Pie Eater, October 12, 2020, 06:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

The missing vowel thing seemed to go on for ages. I actually prefer it like that. In the current format you're just starting to get into it and then it's over.

FeederFan500

I thought the same about it seeming to go on forever but I prefer the current format as it rewards getting the connections more compared to being quick on the buzzer which is generally more a question of time than knowledge.

Rankersbo

A Stainer on one team, a Chaser on the other.

touchingcloth

Fucking hell that greek words for chemical element prefixes was a reach. Absolutely the worst kind of questions when you can see the question setter's logic, but not how any team would ever actually get the answer.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 27, 2024, 10:50:18 AMFucking hell that greek words for chemical element prefixes was a reach. Absolutely the worst kind of questions when you can see the question setter's logic, but not how any team would ever actually get the answer.

With the images of water, the sun, a pebble I guessed it was water/fire/earth, with the missing one being air.
But that's also known as the elements innit?  I wonder what would have happened if you'd answered the elements then when asked to explain it she realised the reasoning was wrong, but still valid surely? Would she have given the point?

touchingcloth

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on February 27, 2024, 07:23:35 PMWith the images of water, the sun, a pebble I guessed it was water/fire/earth, with the missing one being air.
But that's also known as the elements innit?  I wonder what would have happened if you'd answered the elements then when asked to explain it she realised the reasoning was wrong, but still valid surely? Would she have given the point?

They vary hugely with the leniency on whether something gets points or not.

Last night the answer was very specifically about some of the stages laid out in The Wealth of Nations, with the final connection being "commerce" but the team being given "industry" based on an explanation which didn't really align with commerce to my mind.

May as well just say "is the connection 'stuff'? Are they all things, and the fourth in the sequence is another thing?"

Andy147

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on February 20, 2024, 06:44:38 PMPossibly not.  With the hieroglyphs the contestants see them written out in words, the symbols are just for us at home.  If it was like that for the Greek letters then there'd be no confusion in the studio.

It was.