Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Bullshit / Re: The Euphoria of Curry Night
« Last post by Shit Good Nose on Today at 08:13:40 PM »
aren't onion bhajis a starter?

They're always on menus as starters, but they're basically the curry house equivalent of onion rings aren't they, so I always have them as accompaniments.

What you want is Punjabi samosas which are the ones with the more succulent (and doubtless fatty) pastry, far superior to the filo impostors

All bar one place around here does them Punjabi style, and the one that doesn't is the one we rarely go to, although mainly because they use poor quality meat - the lamb is always tough and gristly and the chicken is the same as you tend to get in cheap Chinese takeaways.  Blech.

Gobi Manchurian is another amazing Indian starter. It's really the only way people should be eating caulliflower.

Never seen that.  Anything like chicken manchurian?  Battered chicken pieces (different from pakora) in a sweet and sour sauce?
H.S. Art / Re: That's all I got
« Last post by Dannyhood91 on Today at 08:12:50 PM »
Snorting a line of yogurt

Contorting yourself into a no smoking sign

Removing your torso for the school photo

64 consecutive orgasms all ring your front door bell

Giving yourself nits to avoid military service

Having a firm and frank discussion with your skin tone
Comedy Chat / Re: Athletico Mince
« Last post by Cuellar on Today at 08:12:19 PM »
Yeah really loved the Knowles 'trumpeter's arseholllee'

Suddenly remembered Bob's anecdote about Oliver Reed shouting "Get up that chimney, sailor!" at him in a pub in Kent  and got the giggles big time.
General Bullshit / Re: What Are You Wearing?
« Last post by Voltan (Man of Steel) on Today at 08:11:43 PM »
Charcoal grey fedora, blue crocs.
General Bullshit / Re: Absolute Shitholes: European Edition
« Last post by Shoulders?-Stomach! on Today at 08:10:54 PM »
Trogir is pretty much the nearest place to Split airport. Which was an absolute dive but I think has been redeveloped.
General Bullshit / Re: Cringe Corner
« Last post by Phil_A on Today at 08:10:22 PM »
I'm very sad the infamous Tom Waits vs Ian Hislop clip appears to've vanished from circulation. Although I've always felt Hislop over-played how angry Waits actually was whenever he told that story, in the actual clip he just seemed really tired and grumpy. It was more awkward than anything else.
H.S. Art / Re: That's all I got
« Last post by Dannyhood91 on Today at 08:09:45 PM »
Flintstones Erotica
General Bullshit / Re: Crap Gimmicks
« Last post by Shoulders?-Stomach! on Today at 08:04:34 PM »
Fuck no how did you resist kicking the fuck out of it
Oscillations / Re: The last great pop hook
« Last post by alan nagsworth on Today at 08:04:13 PM »
Uhh, Immaterial by SOPHIE came out literally like two months ago, so yeah, that. Fucking barnstormer of a tune.

Aside from that, I'd have to agree that Carly Rae Jepsen sweeps it, not just with Call Me Maybe (though it is deservedly huge) but also with the vast majority of songs on the EMOTION album, and the EMOTION SIDE B album that followed. She's the fucking queen right now.

Also worthy of honourable mention is CHVRCHES, whose album Every Open Eye is an absolute marvel from beginning to end. The albums either side of this one, nnnot so much.

Tbh though, the underlying "pop's not as consistent as it used to be is it eh" tone of this thread is altogether a bit wack. Pop is as good as it's ever been, in the sense of what pop is supposed to be, and there's a great deal of properly conventional stuff and also weird, challenging stuff that has been consistently rocking my world over the last few years.
General Bullshit / Re: Crap Gimmicks
« Last post by Cuellar on Today at 08:03:05 PM »
Yeah I happened across this at the weekend. There were no signs in the shop though so was very confused when I heard the self checkout machine grunting at me.

Utter bullshit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10