Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:37:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

? rare topics in songs

Started by Garfield And Friends, November 02, 2009, 03:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backstage With Slowdive

Hey Luciani by The Fall is only song to address the conspiracy theories surrounding the death of Pope John Paul I.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Backstage With Slowdive on November 04, 2009, 08:04:44 PM
Hey Luciani by The Fall is only song to address the conspiracy theories surrounding the death of Pope John Paul I.

After posting my suggestion I realised that the vast majority of Fall songs are about uncommon lyrical matters. It's one of the things that makes The Fall a great band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe9kKf7SHco

Peggy Lee - "Is That All There Is?"

Superb singer and a great song which first might seem about nihilism, but is really more about impassiveness, hedonism, and living for the moment.

SavageHedgehog

Woodpeckers From Space is the only song about such a phenomenon, for that matter other than Woody's theme I can't think of any other song about woodpeckers in any context.

Paaaaul

Quote from: SavageHedgehog on November 05, 2009, 04:21:23 PM
Woodpeckers From Space is the only song about such a phenomenon, for that matter other than Woody's theme I can't think of any other song about woodpeckers in any context.

Faith No More's Woodpeckers From Mars ?

Suttonpubcrawl

I think a song about someone nicking the wheel from your clipper lighter is a pretty unusual topic.

variant

The first band that sprang to mind for me is the Manics (or is that too obvious?)...topics covered include Banks, Anorexia, The Holocaust, Self-Harm, The Spanish Civil War, Virginia State Epileptic Colony.

I also thought about Guns N' Roses view of Holden Caulfied in Catcher In The Rye in the song of the same name. Bit odd - especially for a band like GNR.