Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:14:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Great Morris Ad-libs

Started by Neil, November 05, 2010, 12:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Depressed Beyond Tables

Well it's been several years since I listened to it but in BlueJam the interview with Jerry Springer sounds in parts like an impersonator was used. Have a listen to the line when JS is asked where did he get the idea for his final thought. I seem to remember his reply sounding very suspect like it was somebody pretending to be JS.

"I used to do it when I was doing the news" or something like that.

It could have been my bad copy at the time but it certainly sounded odd. I think he played around with the pacing and a few other things in his interviews but with a show like BlueJam you'd have to expect that kind of thing.

Pepotamo1985

That's 100% the real Springer.

I've been delving into the GLR shows a lot recently and all of his whimsical conversations with his frequently bizarre listeners are superb, he's clearly intensely relaxed but still so utterly on the ball. Lots of charming, playful spontaneous retorts that catch you off guard, current favourite being his silly off the cuff reply to the guy who says he's devoting his weekend to house hunting.

Oh, and in Wayne Carr's interview with 2Unlimited, saying Ice T would be 'cop bruiser' is fucking A.

lazyhour

As amazing as I think Chris Morris is, I don't really fully trust any of his finished comedy product. And I'm not sure you're supposed to.

One of the first things to alert me to Morris's truth-bending post-interview manipulations was (along with the previously mentioned dolphins interview) the On The Hour exchange "Masturbation" / "It's the next best thing to making love." The original feed from Morris would have obviously been asking something about how great radio broadcasting is, and he's dropped the masturbation in afterwards.