Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:10:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Four Lions French Film Poster

Started by Harpo Speaks, December 13, 2010, 11:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harpo Speaks

At the Q & A I went to on Sunday Mark Herbert mentioned that it had recently opened in France and he talked about the posters designs they were getting that looked like they were pushing a 'Mr Bean' angle. Which the poster demonstrates neatly.

He also briefly talked about how he wondered about the reception for it in France, as there is seemingly much more of a divide between muslims and non-muslims there, but said that it had done well on it's opening.

El Unicornio, mang

One for the Photoshop Disasters thread there

Koant

Jesus, what a dreadful poster.
Quote from: Harpo Speaks on December 13, 2010, 11:48:19 PM
(...)in France, as there is seemingly much more of a divide between muslims and non-muslims there (...).
Huh?

Harpo Speaks

Quote from: Koant on December 14, 2010, 09:44:55 AM
Huh?

Badly phrased, but he referred to the uneasy relationship with Algeria for example due to their history.

Splendora

I wonder what the Polish film poster would look like?

Lyndon

Quote from: Splendora on December 18, 2010, 11:10:40 AM
I wonder what the Polish film poster would look like?

That sounds like a great HS Art thread, Four Lions posters from all over the world. I completely unironically enjoy loads of national stereotype jokes. I'm pretty busy with work but if I can think of a country I really hate (Germany maybe) then I might try to knock something up.