Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,797
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:14:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shithouse! It's rugby league 2018!

Started by doppelkorn, January 30, 2018, 04:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doppelkorn

I've got a right semi for the middle 8s this year.

The number of loiners milling around drinking warm tins until 5 minutes after KO was only matched by the number of them shitting the bed and storming out at around the 55 minute mark. The RFL will never sell them "an occasion".

mikeyg27

So Shaun Wane's replacement at Wigan is going to be Shaun Edwards... but only after Adrian Lam has had a go for a year?

This seems more likely to go wrong than right. I'd have just taken Lam TBH, he did great for PNG and he's been coaching League for the last few years.

doppelkorn

We'll fuck my hat I'll be sad to lose the 8s actually.

Gulftastic

Papering done. My god, we were poor at times. Still, if we can get a win at that there London next week, we have a two week break.

Gulftastic

So, Ryan Hall's Leeds' career is done. Shame to see it end on an injury. What a player he's been for us. Best winger I've seen at the club in my 30+ years of watching.

doppelkorn

zut alors what an occasion! garry FUCKING schofield pulls his opinions out of his arse I swear down.

mikeyg27

I went to Skolars' annual Friday Night Lights game last night, they beat Keighley 20-6 in what can only really be described as biblical conditions - thank fuck the pitch is a 4g one noe because the old pitch would have turned from dust road to swamp in an instant. Skolars ran rampant in the first half and should've been 30-0 up at half-time but had to make do with 18-0 (which was after about 10 minutes) before the conditions took their toll on the 2nd half and neither team could hold on to the ball for more than a few sets at a time.

doppelkorn

That's a good win that. Does LEGEND GARRY actually attend Cougars games? I imagine he's at the final, so he'd be in London anyway (nicking sausage rolls and tins from the press room because of RIPOFF LONDON PRICES).

Mr Eggs

doppelkorn

mikeyg27

That last 15 minutes was way tenser than it needed to be. Catalans kept going "We don't want to win, you have a go" and Warrington just kept going "Nah, we're good, thanks".

Mr Eggs

Magnificent from the French lads. Wire were fucking awful.

petril

Quote from: Deanjam on August 26, 2018, 03:01:43 AM
Last 30 seconds of French commentary.

https://twitter.com/RodolphePires/status/1033414612769759232

at 34 seconds in, did anyone else get a Ray French voice pop up in their head going "and THERE goes the hooter"?

doppelkorn

BlodwynPig

dr beat

FUCK OFF WIDNES. FUCK OFF. JUST FUCK OFF.

Gulftastic

Don't worry. Leeds are coming next week. As long as you are within a couple of scores going into the last quarter, the game is yours. As well as being shite we are simply not fit to play for 80 minutes.

mikeyg27

Hull need to be put out of their misery.

NRL Finals getting me nostalgic for those years where the NRL and Super League playoffs aligned and we got eight playoff games in a weekend (even if the Super League qualifying finals were somewhat lackadaisical). Melbourne - Souths was a hum-dinger.

Gulftastic

At least Hull kept trying last night. After an abject first half display, I was expecting another collapse like last week, but fair play to the Airlie Birds they got a bit of pride back.

And David Furner is to be the new Rhinos coach which I'm very pleased about. I hope he insists on changes to our conditioning set up as our fitness levels are not up to the job at the moment.

Gulftastic

Terrible game, but I can't remember the last time I was as relieved as I was when Ah Van dropped the pass that would have given him a match winning try and then Leeds went straight up feild and sealed the win. I stood up and all I could shout was 'Thank God'

mikeyg27

UPHEAVAL! YAY!

I do find it funny that after 6 years of licensing, then 4 years of the Super 8s, we're just back to the way it was again. Still, it's probably for the best, and the top-5 playoff system remains my favourite playoff format so I'm glad that's back.

Deanjam

Happy to see the back of the super-8's.

Gulftastic

Another squeaker last night but I'll take any win this season. We're staying up, thank god.

doppelkorn

RUGBY LEAGUE IS BOLLOCKS MAYBE I HATE IT

doppelkorn

SHITHOUSE!

Come on Tim!

It's northern cultural cringe writ large. Why can't we have anything nice?

I'm burying my head in my hands.

mikeyg27

And yet, there was a game between a team from Toronto and a team from Toulouse, both of whom I've seen play in a shitty stadium in north London in the last couple of years. And it sure seems that there will be at least one of them in Super League next year.

Souths vs Dragons had a mental last 10 minutes. A full-strength Dragons might have been a good shout to surprise everyone in the Finals, but key injuries at key times cost them. There's no way they have a collective brain fart like they did at the end of the game if Widdop was there. Also, I can't believe it's taken me a whole season to realise that James Graham is playing for a team in white with a red chevron called Saints again. Can't help but feel Melbourne are going to win by default again.

Old Thrashbarg

Yeah, as soon as St George were relying on Ben Hunt to manage them on the field in a big game their season was over. He just doesn't have it when the pressure's really on.

Should be a great couple of games coming up this weekend though, the Sydney derby in particular is mouth-watering.

mikeyg27

There's no particularly likeable team left, though. I've spoken about my dislike of pretty much everyone on Crounlla before, but Melbourne are a bunch of moany twats too. The Roosters are, well, the Roosters and I'm pretty sure it's only nationalistic bias that makes me like a lot of Souths' players.