Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:01:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Katie Hopkins files for bankruptcy [split topic]

Started by Alberon, September 17, 2018, 01:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

guess it's the EDL for me then.

FFS don't want this as a new page

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Funcrusher on September 20, 2018, 04:56:56 PM
I believe that it has been suggested that Hope Not Hate and Searchlight may have some shady connections with British intelligence services, but nothing for you to worry about.

Not sure I see the relevance.

Funcrusher

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on September 20, 2018, 05:59:13 PM
Not sure I see the relevance.

It was in response to Jobotic's comment, before he joined the EDL.

marquis_de_sad

Yeah I saw that. I still don't see the relevance in the context of the report on Hopkins speaking at a For Britain conference. Are we supposed to view this story as possibly planted by the security services? If the report is uncontroversial then why mention it? Sorry if I'm missing something really obvious, I just don't get the connection.

Funcrusher

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on September 20, 2018, 06:11:18 PM
Yeah I saw that. I still don't see the relevance in the context of the report on Hopkins speaking at a For Britain conference. Are we supposed to view this story as possibly planted by the security services? If the report is uncontroversial then why mention it? Sorry if I'm missing something really obvious, I just don't get the connection.

I was just stating in passing that while Hope Not Hate may not be 'the real fascists' they do have their critics.

Alberon

Who wrote that story where all the members of a terrorist organisation turned out to be undercover agents?

manticore

From memory 'The Man who was Thursday' has pretty much that idea, though it's probably not the one you mean.

jobotic

That's the one I thought of. Chesterton isn't it?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Funcrusher on September 20, 2018, 06:15:48 PM
I was just stating in passing that while Hope Not Hate may not be 'the real fascists' they do have their critics.

Yeah, the real fascists.

Funcrusher

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on September 20, 2018, 09:26:56 PM
Yeah, the real fascists.

If you think that people like Larry O'Hara and Lobster are fascists then crack on dude.

manticore

Quote from: jobotic on September 20, 2018, 08:32:36 PM
That's the one I thought of. Chesterton isn't it?

Yes. I think it's a wonderful book, extremely clever and funny, at least until the end where it becomes a bit religious.

Paul Calf

Quote from: manticore on September 20, 2018, 04:17:47 PM
because there's hardly any group in society held in more routine contempt than elderly people, as much as long-term psychiatric patients probably.

However, this wasn't the case 20-30 years ago.