Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:07:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Katie Hopkins files for bankruptcy [split topic]

Started by Alberon, September 17, 2018, 01:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manticore

Quote from: Zetetic on September 18, 2018, 01:50:55 AM
QuoteIt means that 'mental illness' is a hopeless phrase to use to describe a social pathology that affects every person living today.

But it doesn't. At least not how it seems to affect Katie Hopkins.

It may make people uncomfortable to think that they might be the afflicted with some of the ice in the blood that Hopkins is, but that doesn't make it less true. You do not make your way in this society without it. The way Hopkins has found to promote herself and impose herself on the world isn't so different from that of anyone trying to get to the top. She is not a qualitatively different kind of human.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: manticore on September 18, 2018, 03:04:37 AM
The way Hopkins has found to promote herself and impose herself on the world isn't so different from that of anyone trying to get to the top. She is not a qualitatively different kind of human.

I'm guessing that's exactly what she thinks.

mothman

Quote from: DistressedArea on September 18, 2018, 12:02:59 AM
This is all very interesting, but the real question is - does she float?

Now there's a reality show: Celebrity Witch Trials!

Paul Calf

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 17, 2018, 09:43:58 PM
The ad for the show is all serious and says stuff like 'after 24 hours most people hallucinate and go out of their tiny minds' and like nah.

They're (probably deliberately) confusing it for an isolation tank.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 17, 2018, 11:31:37 PM
I find it hard to feel sorry for her at all. Even if she is putting on an act, we are what we pretend to be.

Vonnegut!

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: wooders1978 on September 17, 2018, 06:15:35 PM
She is married and her husband is fairly well to do by all accounts, does her going insolvent bugger him up as well?

No, IVAs only affect the individual.  Directly at least - unlike proper bankruptcy it doesn't go against a shared business or home address or joint bank accounts, and it doesn't affect the credit rating of anyone else living at the same address.  That's not to say her husband/partner (I thought she was divorced) won't end up paying for at least some of it indirectly, of course - his contributions to daily expenses will almost certainly increase significantly for the duration of the IVA.

I know this because Mrs Nose has an IVA (one year left) due to depression fuelled credit card spending. 

SpiderChrist

As someone who had an IVA and is thus acutely aware of the pain and misery it brings, I am a little conflicted. Couldn't she just have died or something?

Dr Rock

Wiki says

QuoteHopkins sold her Exeter home in March 2018 for £930,000

Obviously she lost some fat pay-cheques because she went too far, but she was stinking rich. Why can't she pay legal fees that are probably less than two hundred grand? She had nearly a million pounds in the bank earlier this year. Sorry, not feeling sorry for her yet.

momatt

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 17, 2018, 09:53:25 PM
Or is she perhaps a reactionary gobshite?

Mm. If you think of most cunts you could make a fair argument they were mentally ill, on a simple basis that no-one who wasn't would act in the way they do. "Mentally ill" seems to unfairly abdicate responsibility from the cunt themselves. I'm sorry but the rules of human decency apply to sociopaths and psychopaths just as much as they do to us all.

I bamlem the media for their utter irresponsibility in giving this woman publicity. It was so clear right back from The Apprentice what type of person this was.

Sebastian Cobb

Dr Rock

Bhazor

Well she's back on Twitter, singing the praises of the "fabulous" PiS party in Poland. The ruling party that has purged dissenters and made it illegal to discuss the holocaust. Great bunch of lad. Very free speech.

https://twitter.com/KTHopkins/status/1041719862240915457

https://www.economist.com/europe/2018/04/21/polands-ruling-law-and-justice-party-is-doing-lasting-damage

bgmnts

Did any nation suffer more at the hands of the dictatorial Nazis and Communists during WWII? The idea that such a party could exist in Poland blows my tiny mind.

Alyhough reading that, it says it's made illegal to discuss Polish complicity in the Holocaust, rather than just the Holovaust itself.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 18, 2018, 09:41:37 AM
Wiki says

Obviously she lost some fat pay-cheques because she went too far, but she was stinking rich. Why can't she pay legal fees that are probably less than two hundred grand? She had nearly a million pounds in the bank earlier this year. Sorry, not feeling sorry for her yet.

Probably mortgaged to fuck.

Shit Good Nose

Yeah, I was thinking maybe a case of formerly asset rich but, relatively, cash poor.  Now asset poor as well.

Be interesting if she starts claiming loads of benefits.

boki

Panbaams

Quote from: Bhazor on September 18, 2018, 11:00:28 AM
Well she's back on Twitter, singing the praises of the "fabulous" PiS party in Poland. The ruling party that has purged dissenters and made it illegal to discuss the holocaust. Great bunch of lad. Very free speech.

https://twitter.com/KTHopkins/status/1041719862240915457

https://www.economist.com/europe/2018/04/21/polands-ruling-law-and-justice-party-is-doing-lasting-damage

People in the public eye usually have to be careful announcing on Twitter that they're out of the country. But I guess Katie Hopkins is safe because now she hasn't got a house to get burgled.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Doesn't surprise me. Concentrated poison, there's always someone in need of exploiting that.

im barry bethel

Quote from: Dr Rock on September 18, 2018, 09:41:37 AM
Wiki says

Depends whose name the house was in

idunnosomename

The fact that she seems to unremittingly take this hateful, nasty persona to quite absurd lengths and literal self-destruction would seem to be an obsessive psychosis.

She can be a cunt as well, it's not exclusive, but pity is what she wants least of all. She wants your hate. Don't bother giving it to her.

Save it for Boris Johnson. He wants everyone to love his tomfoolery.

jobotic

She's speaking at Morrisey's favourites For Britain's conference.

https://www.hopenothate.org.uk/2018/09/20/britain-conference-hate-holocaust-denier-katie-hopkins/

ps. if anyone wants to tell us all that Hope Not Hate are the real fascists etc etc don't bother.

manticore

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on September 18, 2018, 07:20:50 AM
QuoteThe way Hopkins has found to promote herself and impose herself on the world isn't so different from that of anyone trying to get to the top. She is not a qualitatively different kind of human.

I'm guessing that's exactly what she thinks.

She's right. I read an interview in the Radio Times with Michael Buerke in which she advocated the use of 'euthanasia vans' to visit the homes of elderly people and kill them. She will have known that she was advocating the Nazi policy of the 'euthanasia gas vans'  used to murder mentally ill and mentally handicapped people by the Germans from 1940.

But she also would have known that a lot of people reading that will have been thinking 'she's got a point there', because there's hardly any group in society held in more routine contempt than elderly people, as much as long-term psychiatric patients probably.

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 18, 2018, 07:58:07 PM
The fact that she seems to unremittingly take this hateful, nasty persona to quite absurd lengths and literal self-destruction would seem to be an obsessive psychosis.

She can be a cunt as well, it's not exclusive, but pity is what she wants least of all. She wants your hate. Don't bother giving it to her.

Save it for Boris Johnson. He wants everyone to love his tomfoolery.

She's clearly expecting some huge pay day from the demagogues for all her hard work for the cause. Just like Milo, she'll find it never comes.

Sebastian Cobb

If it sounds a bit like a washed up actor forever struggling to reach their previous heights while taking shitter roles as they fade into obscurity, that's because that's exactly what it is.

Funcrusher

Quote from: jobotic on September 20, 2018, 03:24:48 PM
She's speaking at Morrisey's favourites For Britain's conference.

https://www.hopenothate.org.uk/2018/09/20/britain-conference-hate-holocaust-denier-katie-hopkins/

ps. if anyone wants to tell us all that Hope Not Hate are the real fascists etc etc don't bother.

I believe that it has been suggested that Hope Not Hate and Searchlight may have some shady connections with British intelligence services, but nothing for you to worry about.

Sebastian Cobb

In that their operatives have infiltrated them because like all left-wing groups that try and make things fairer for the average person, the security services consider them a threat to the people they were created to protect?

Funcrusher

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 20, 2018, 05:00:06 PM
In that their operatives have infiltrated them because like all left-wing groups that try and make things fairer for the average person, the security services consider them a threat to the people they were created to protect?

I think it's suggested that MI5 likes to have both left and far right groups infiltrated for various purposes.

Zetetic

Sometimes it seems to be the only way to keep them going.