Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:38:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Another Pointless Thread

Started by Dead kate moss, February 20, 2013, 05:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanjam

Quote from: grassbath on December 30, 2013, 12:03:32 PM
My favourite Pointless moment was when a pair of elderly Northern gentlemen were required to name three Adam Sandler films. They went for Night at the Museum (Ben Stiller), Night at the Museum 2 (Ben Stiller), and 42 Dates (not a film).

My favourite Pointless moment is the woman who guessed the singer James Brown was in the Dirty Dozen and was awarded a correct answer because of the actor Jim Brown being in the film.

Edited to add quote cos it's a stupid new page. Bah!

Gulftastic

Quote from: Deanjam on December 30, 2013, 05:07:21 PM

My favourite Pointless moment is the woman who guessed the singer James Brown was in the Dirty Dozen and was awarded a correct answer because of the actor Jim Brown being in the film.

Edited to add quote cos it's a stupid new page. Bah!

I think it was even better. She wasn't saying 'James Brown' because of the singer, it was just the most generic name she could think of.

Deanjam

There was another Brown as well, wasn't there? A politician?

That's the key. When in doubt, go Brown.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Deanjam on December 30, 2013, 05:43:17 PM
There was another Brown as well, wasn't there? A politician?

That's the key. When in doubt, go Brown.
Nick Brown?

http://www.nickbrownmp.com/

Deanjam

Most likely. It was a Labour guy if I recall.

El Unicornio, mang

I liked the one when no-one had heard of Denzel Washington except one woman who named a film she thought he was in, but it turned out it was Cuba Gooding Jr. Easy mistake to make.

Deanjam

There was a similar Will Smith one. There's a worrying trend of not telling one black actor from another.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: Deanjam on December 31, 2013, 04:56:19 PM
There was a similar Will Smith one. There's a worrying trend of not telling one black actor from another.

Surely the Adam Sandler/Ben Stiller anecdote shows it's more a case of not telling one actor from another.

Queneau

Bill Kenwright on Pointless celebrities. What a boring bastard.

Morrison Lard

These 2 teachers off that Educating Yorkshire thing went for TV Comedy at the end.

They got two pointless answers in the final, one for Dermot Morgan (Best TV Comedy Actors at the Comedy Awards)

Then they went for Brass Eye (TV Shows where Graham Linehan received a writing[nb]Osman said acting credit the first time though[/nb] credit)

Queneau

Quote from: Morrison Lard on January 04, 2014, 07:49:14 PM
Then they went for Brass Eye (TV Shows where Graham Linehan received a writing[nb]Osman said acting credit the first time though[/nb] credit)

Must have meant acting otherwise Paris would have surely been pointless. And The All New Alexei Sayle Show. And probably Jam.

holyzombiejesus

For that round where there were clues to bands who had a name related to food or drink, my wife thought that 'German electronic band started by Edgar Froese' was Kraftwerk, because of Kraft cheese slices.

Gulftastic

Georgia, on now.

ETA, and her fellow player Laura, too.

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on January 05, 2014, 08:17:05 PM
For that round where there were clues to bands who had a name related to food or drink, my wife thought that 'German electronic band started by Edgar Froese' was Kraftwerk, because of Kraft cheese slices.

Ha, me too.

But at least I'm not the lass who just said that the Cardiff-born comedy partner of Mel Smith was Sue Perkins.

Gulftastic

Georgia. She'll be back tomorrow.

Jerzy Bondov

I came home to find the wife watching this and when the pretty girl team were on I said 'I want them to win'. She wasn't looking so she thought I meant the two blokes and told me that they'd known Terry Nation made up the Daleks. Well, I was all in a tizzy thinking about these two beautiful young ladies who apparently know who Terry Nation is. But it was all a misunderstanding and they didn't know who Terry Nation is, nor Griff Rhys Jones. The fucking bitches.

Serge

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on January 05, 2014, 08:17:05 PMFor that round where there were clues to bands who had a name related to food or drink, my wife thought that 'German electronic band started by Edgar Froese' was Kraftwerk, because of Kraft cheese slices.

A teatime quiz show that expects people to know who Edgar Froese is - this is why I love 'Pointless'!

holyzombiejesus

CAN OF BEANS
NEU POTATOES
POPOLCORN VUH
HONEY NUT CLUSTERS

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on January 08, 2014, 11:12:31 PM
CAN OF BEANS
NEU POTATOES
POPOLCORN VUH
HONEY NUT CLUSTERS

Beans on Faust (toast)

Okay, I'm no good at this.

buttgammon

lazyhour

There was a repeat on Challenge yesterday or the day before, where the subject was Alliteratively-Named US Presidents. The contestant's answer was, and I quote, "Lyndenberg Johnson".

:-/

El Unicornio, mang

I'm liking Louisa, even though she keeps looking at the camera like a crazy person. I thought Georgia looked nice but sadly, her accent broke the deal for me.

Also, re: yesterday's episode, I had no idea so many people in the UK spoke French.

Swoz_MK

My younger brother, David, was on today. Twitter is being mean about his clothes. Meanies.

Norton Canes

...and Georgia seals her place in Pointless posterity, attempting to pick the capital city through which the river Vltava flows:

"It sounds Slavic, so I'll say...

...Turin?"

mycroft

Quote from: Swoz_MK on January 09, 2014, 06:19:07 PM
My younger brother, David, was on today. Twitter is being mean about his clothes. Meanies.

I hope he didn't get too hurt rumbling with those crazy Sharks after the recording was done.

Gurke and Hare

So, I'd have won the jackpot two, or possibly three times over today. I said Josie Long, Daniel Kitson and Simon Fanshawe, and the first two were pointless and probably the third was in the loads of others.

Wasn't it David who got 2 pointless answers? Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Twitter.

Swoz_MK

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on January 09, 2014, 06:41:55 PM
Wasn't it David who got 2 pointless answers? Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Twitter.

ha! Still at work so not seen it yet, hope so.

El Unicornio, mang

Bit weird that Georgia is retweeting all the tweets about her being fit.

Bit weird that I know that, also.

Serge

Quote from: lazyhour on January 09, 2014, 12:46:45 PM
There was a repeat on Challenge yesterday or the day before, where the subject was Alliteratively-Named US Presidents. The contestant's answer was, and I quote, "Lyndenberg Johnson".

:-/

As I answer every question asking the name of an American politician that I don't know with 'Herbert Hoover', that would have been a round made for me.

EOLAN

Off the top of my head - I can only think of 4 alliteratively named US Presidents.
So my pointless guess would be - Calvin Coolidge.