Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:34:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Another Pointless Thread

Started by Dead kate moss, February 20, 2013, 05:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morrison Lard

Quote from: EOLAN on January 10, 2014, 09:46:39 AM
Off the top of my head - I can only think of 4 alliteratively named US Presidents.
So my pointless guess would be - Calvin Coolidge.

lazyhour

I think that Calvin C. was indeed pointless. Clever-in-front-of-a-laptop Osman said there were only 4 answers, I think.

Gulftastic

Mary and Jenny on Pointless now. Jenny in particular.

El Unicornio, mang

Not keen on Jenny but Mary has a good sexy librarian look.

Gulftastic

Yes, I revised my perving on closer inspection. Mary is a stealth fox.

Morrison Lard

Mary, Mary, quite contrary,
How does your lady garden grow?

El Unicornio, mang

Alice has the most "come to bed" eyes I think I've ever seen

Deanjam

Charlotte has come to bed legs.

Gulftastic

Two fit contestants and a final round simply made for Wire nazis. Cracking episode today.

Glad the two 'George Whitebreads' went out early on.

JesusAndYourBush

Yesterday's Pointless had a question about songs with girls names in them and one of them was Elton John's "Nikita"[nb]Or Nakita as he insists on singing it.[/nb], but that's about Nikita Khruschev isn't it? Or have I been mistaken all these years.

EOLAN

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on February 06, 2014, 01:22:57 PM
Yesterday's Pointless had a question about songs with girls names in them and one of them was Elton John's "Nikita"[nb]Or Nakita as he insists on singing it.[/nb], but that's about Nikita Khruschev isn't it? Or have I been mistaken all these years.
Mr Khruschev certainly lost the pounds and a lot of his age for that video. Kept some of his curves indeed though. So basically having seen the video it seems to be about a female security guard/border patrol lady who is being serenaded by Mr Reg Taupin in a desperate bid to proclaim his heterosexuality on entering the homophobic Russian borders.

the midnight watch baboon

Have they stopped referring to the couples as couples, and now call them pairs, well that's what I've noticed, ammIright? I liked the coupling; seemed a minor act of subversion.

Deanjam

They should call them fuck-buddies.

the midnight watch baboon

Or at least the basest possible reference to their appearance, age and geographical heritage.

EOLAN

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on February 06, 2014, 01:22:57 PM
As timing would have it - Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe showed a few clips of Mr John's video last night.

Gulftastic

Fit twins!

And another fittie named after a Star Trek character!

Quote from: Gulftastic on February 27, 2014, 05:19:01 PM
Fit twins!

And another fittie named after a Star Trek character!

Those twins- fit they ain't! Ro was nice though.

Dead Soon

Quote from: solidified gruel merchant on February 27, 2014, 05:45:01 PM
Those twins- fit they ain't! Ro was nice though.

Fit they were! You sicken me.

Anyway, wasn't Ride, Cowboy, Ride a fucking glorious 'comically totally wrong' answer? Wonderful stuff.

Gulftastic

As well as Ro and the Twins returning tonight, they've added Zoe to the mix!

Well done Pointless.

DrGreggles

Good to see Nicholas Lyndhurst back on the box.

Deanjam

Who the fuck is Lieutenant Leslie? Really hate it when the categories only have one pointless answer. Grrrrrrr ...!

Gulftastic

Not Pointless, but Ruth, current Countdown champion, is rather a lovely Irish lass. She'll be back tomorrow. Given some of the blunders she made today, I'm not sure she'll last too long.

And of course, there's Rachel and Susie, plus Tim Vine is in Dictionary Corner.

DrGreggles

Giving the 7 dwarves surnames was a bit of Pointless genius!

buttgammon

They've had to give Pointless over to plug Sports Relief today. Still, I do have a bit of a thing for heptathletes. *Sigh*!

Gulftastic

Wee Mags from Scotland is pretty.

JesusAndYourBush

I had to laugh yesterday when "Devilock" was one of the correct answers in the hairstyles round.  That's a bit obscure isn't it? Unless you're a Misfits fan or at least aware of them and their image you're not likely to ever have encountered it are you?

And today in the anagrams of types of jewellery round I'd love to see the out-takes. At one point they kept mentioning "pearl necklace" and the camera was fixed on the scoreboard the whole time, presumably so we didn't see all the smirking.

Queneau

Yesterday, during the great pearl necklace fiasco, there was a woman that enjoyed collecting cat things. She wore some of those tights with cats heads on them. When did this start? I've seen loads of 'quirky' girls wearing these lately. Mind you, I work in Essex and this broad was from there so perhaps it's an Essex thing.

kittens

final round cult novelists me and my girlfriend 3 pointless answers yaaaaaaas

Morrison Lard

Alex is on a repeat of Pointless right now!

Oh my..

Gulftastic

She needs to have a name that takes longer to read.