Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:37:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sif

Started by Barry Admin, January 22, 2024, 05:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

druss

Quote from: druss on February 26, 2024, 03:45:40 PMHe says he is giving Sekiro another try tomorrow. My prediction is that he tries to dodge for the first half hour, die predictably due to using such a strategy and then bins it saying it's a shite game.
Well, he lasted longer than I expected but looks like it's binned.

Woof.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: druss on February 28, 2024, 04:37:02 PMWell, he lasted longer than I expected but looks like it's binned.

Woof.

Bless, he really is shit at it. Is there a mod which allows you to dual wield massive halberds?

Noodle Lizard

This you, @druss ?

https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/1762757896368959877

Looks like he's going back to it tomorrow. He's getting it!
Also mentions he's installed the DS3 DLCs. The people have spoken.

druss

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on February 29, 2024, 08:08:07 AMThis you, @druss ?

https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/1762757896368959877

Looks like he's going back to it tomorrow. He's getting it!
Also mentions he's installed the DS3 DLCs. The people have spoken.
That man clearly has too much hair to be a CaB member.

I think there's more chance of him completing the Dark Souls 3 dlc than ever finishing Sekiro. He's not even close to where he binned it last time and doesn't seem to get any joy from the combat even when he beats bosses. Constantly muttering "shite game, worst game ever" under his breath.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: druss on February 29, 2024, 08:15:03 AMThat man clearly has too much hair to be a CaB member.

I think there's more chance of him completing the Dark Souls 3 dlc than ever finishing Sekiro. He's not even close to where he binned it last time and doesn't seem to get any joy from the combat even when he beats bosses. Constantly muttering "shite game, worst game ever" under his breath.

To be fair, I was a bit like that at the stage he's at. I found that General just after the Chained Ogre really difficult, and thought to myself "Christ, this is just a normal bloke, I'll have no chance of doing an actual boss".

He's got to the bull, you say? Hm. I was liking it a lot more by the time I'd done Gyoubu. I'm rooting for him though.

druss

The bull is also quite a shit fight as it basically says "so you've maybe started to unlearn your souls muscle memory and using deflect more. Here's a boss where all that goes out the window".

Comes at a really bad time if you have started to get a hang of the combat even if it's not actually that hard when you know the trick (keep your distance and circle strafe the beefy prick).

Chollis

Where's the furthest he's got to? I remember the quitting compilation saw him getting wrecked by the Snake-Eyes bosses which tbf I got really fucking pissed off with too

Noodle Lizard

It drove me mad watching him just parry that bull forever. The entire chat yelling "HIT IT FOR FUCK'S SAKE".

Guardian Ape will be a rough one.

Chollis

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on February 29, 2024, 08:14:12 PMIt drove me mad watching him just parry that bull forever. The entire chat yelling "HIT IT FOR FUCK'S SAKE".

Guardian Ape will be a rough one.

He's binned it. For good this time...again. He actually got Lady Butterfly down within 30 mins and then spent over 2 hours on that General atop the stairs in Ashina Castle. His brain simply could not handle the Red sweep or Mikiri-counter. Can relate to a bit, I was still dodging into sweeps all the way through the game, but Limmy was something else.

druss

You don't even need to kill that general until later. Painful.

Noodle Lizard

I think he's really got it in his head that this game is impossible, but he beat (most of) Lies of P without too much fuss, which I'd say is equally hard - maybe even a bit harder in the late game.

I don't understand how he could beat Lady Butterfly fairly swiftly, but get completely stumped by a miniboss he's already beaten two versions of. I understand panicking with the perilous attacks, but it's fine to flub a few of those if you're keeping the aggression up rather than running away and letting his posture bar shrink back down.

If he bins this and then doesn't do the DS3 DLC, I WILL BIN HIM (for a day or so).

Barry Admin

Back at Manus in NG+, tempted to cheese the cunt lol. I can't remember how to fight him now and he hits like a truck.

Gonna have to relearn and try to conquer this. Artorias was rough this time round but I got him.

Five achievements left to get, and two of them are easy ones I'll get next time round. Never thought I'd get this far, or sustain my interest this long. I wish I could get my disk drive working so I could try the third one again. But nothing matches the original anyway.

Saved Solaire after all these years, ready to beat Gwyn with him. Saw the sad onion bro storyline climax again. Just had a wonderful time, what a game.

druss

Quote from: Barry Admin on March 11, 2024, 10:42:10 PMBack at Manus in NG+, tempted to cheese the cunt lol. I can't remember how to fight him now and he hits like a truck.

Gonna have to relearn and try to conquer this. Artorias was rough this time round but I got him.

Five achievements left to get, and two of them are easy ones I'll get next time round. Never thought I'd get this far, or sustain my interest this long. I wish I could get my disk drive working so I could try the third one again. But nothing matches the original anyway.

Saved Solaire after all these years, ready to beat Gwyn with him. Saw the sad onion bro storyline climax again. Just had a wonderful time, what a game.
To my eternal shame I cheesed Manus when I did my level 1 run. I tried him so many times but it was a one shot even on the times I did well for a while and too frustrating.

Solaire and onion bro are two of the best quests for sure. I love saving Solaire but his bad ending hits like a truck.

Definitely by far the best story and npcs in any of the games.

I need to stop playing civ 4 and do my ratings for it...

Barry Admin

Quote from: druss on March 12, 2024, 06:51:02 AMTo my eternal shame I cheesed Manus when I did my level 1 run. I tried him so many times but it was a one shot even on the times I did well for a while and too frustrating.

I don't even have to do him really, as his other soul item doesn't count towards any of the achievements I need. And it's been fun blasting through this playthrough without collecting EVERY item.

But as with Kalameet's tail, I want the challenge.

Did I mention that Dark Souls had me looking up Greek mythology* again a week or two ago? Love that shit. It also had me going through just various creation myths, looking for the bits and pieces that had been assembled into Dark Souls lore. Pygmies, Yggdrasil, all kinds of cool shit that's not coming to mind at the minute.

Just saw this on the Manus page when I was reminding myself of what his other soul item actually was:

QuoteManu" is a Hindu concept which refers to the archetypical man, and progenitor of humanity (like the Biblical Adam).
"Manus" is also the Latin word for "hand".
"Manes" in Roman religion, refers to the souls of the departed, particularly those who were morally ambiguous

* As fucking awesome as Dark Souls is, nothing is quite as cool as Typhon stacking up mountains and throwing them at Zeus while he deflects them with thunderbolts. Ahh yeah thunderbolts, that was another thing.

druss

Quote from: Barry Admin on March 12, 2024, 10:40:16 PMI don't even have to do him really, as his other soul item doesn't count towards any of the achievements I need. And it's been fun blasting through this playthrough without collecting EVERY item.

But as with Kalameet's tail, I want the challenge.

Did I mention that Dark Souls had me looking up Greek mythology* again a week or two ago? Love that shit. It also had me going through just various creation myths, looking for the bits and pieces that had been assembled into Dark Souls lore. Pygmies, Yggdrasil, all kinds of cool shit that's not coming to mind at the minute.

Just saw this on the Manus page when I was reminding myself of what his other soul item actually was:

* As fucking awesome as Dark Souls is, nothing is quite as cool as Typhon stacking up mountains and throwing them at Zeus while he deflects them with thunderbolts. Ahh yeah thunderbolts, that was another thing.

That's awesome, love finding out new stuff that sheds light on the lore.

I know it's widely accepted that Manus is the furtive Pygmy, but anything I see which reinforces that makes me unreasonably excited.

And I can relate to the challenge thing, I actually hadn't even done the DLC when I was originally platinuming the game but went back after I'd got the 100%. Can't imagine not trying to beat every boss now on each new playthrough. Plus the dlc content is usually the best stuff in each game.

Noodle Lizard

Is Bloodborne the only one which has had separate 100% requirements? I don't remember any new achievements popping up in the DS DLCs, but it's been a minute.