Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:55:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Notable Deaths 2024

Started by lauraxsynthesis, February 13, 2024, 02:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Blind

Collapsed and died while taking a walk. *rubs chin*

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Quote from: Mobius on February 16, 2024, 12:12:23 PMThat sucks :( he was a good bloke
He was undeniably a very courageous individual. However, he had some dodgy connections to Russian nationalists in earlier life that he never seemed to entirely disavow. My other half, who grew up mixed-race in Russia, never felt he would be a safe alternative, even while fully acknowledging that the Putin regime is monstrous.

Alberon

Quote from: Butchers Blind on February 16, 2024, 12:13:48 PMCollapsed and died while taking a walk. *rubs chin*

No high windows at that prison to accidentally fall out of?

studpuppet

Quote from: Butchers Blind on February 16, 2024, 12:13:48 PMCollapsed and died while taking a walk. *rubs chin*

The thread title and this news have implanted this in my head now.

jamiefairlie

Putin opposer dies young shocker

baptist

Ewen MacIntosh - Keith from The Office has died at the age of 50. That's no age to go.

The wake buffet will consist mainly of scotch eggs.

RIP big fella.

Bronzy

Quote from: baptist on February 21, 2024, 09:33:26 AMEwen MacIntosh - Keith from The Office has died at the age of 50. That's no age to go.

The wake buffet will consist mainly of scotch eggs.

RIP big fella.

That's a bit of a shock.

This bit from his management's statement stood out to me:

QuoteHis family thank all who supported him, especially Willow Green Care Home.

Sounds like it was a long-term illness he had?

Des Wigwam

That's a bit of a shocker. Hope Merchant doesn't choose The Independent to quickly check the sad news, with it's sub heading:

QuoteActor was best known for playing Keith in the Ricky Gervais sitcom

Keith's appraisal was one of the best scenes in The Office.

RottonRaddish

Rumours on some dark corners of the internet that David Irving has pegged it. I of course refuse to believe that.

gilbertharding

Quote from: curiousoranges on February 21, 2024, 12:37:13 PMKeith's appraisal was one of the best scenes in The Office.

Yes - he's always in my mind's eye whenever the subject of appraisals is mentioned.

"Eczema."

I'll be eating a Scotch Egg like it's an apple in his memory tonight.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: RottonRaddish on February 21, 2024, 01:02:13 PMRumours on some dark corners of the internet that David Irving has pegged it. I of course refuse to believe that.
Disappointingly his book company Irving Books has just issued a denial. But sounds like it's not long to go:

QuoteContrary to circulating rumours, we're relieved to share that David Irving remains with us, though, as many of you know, he is currently facing health challenges. We appreciate the concern and support during this time and will continue to provide updates as appropriate. Thank you for your understanding and respect for his privacy. #DavidIrving #RealHistory

Quote from: gilbertharding on February 21, 2024, 01:18:06 PMYes - he's always in my mind's eye whenever the subject of appraisals is mentioned.

Monotone; "Don't know."

jobotic

Quote from: RottonRaddish on February 21, 2024, 01:02:13 PMRumours on some dark corners of the internet that David Irving has pegged it. I of course refuse to believe that.

He hasn't died. He never existed.

Famous Mortimer

Fingers crossed he's got a bit more suffering, shitting himself and generally being a miserable fucking excuse for a human being to do before he finally dies.

jobotic

This quote made me laugh (about MacIntosh, not Irving)

QuoteMacIntosh had become so ubiquitous with the character of Keith that cast and crew members on other productions had sometimes referred to him as such. In the Vice interview, the actor noted, "It's recurring. It's even happened on sets, which is the last place you'd expect. They feel awful about it as well, which is amusing, because I'm not really that bothered."

He added, "It's a little bit unprofessional, but it's not something I'm particularly arsed about. If you were working with Ian McKellen, and you called him Gandalf, you'd probably be out of a job pretty quick."

gilbertharding

Quote from: curiousoranges on February 21, 2024, 02:24:16 PMMonotone; "Don't know."

Is the timing of lots of his lines - almost interrupting the question with something deadpan - the 21st Century equivalent of That Voice?

touchingcloth

I always thought the song Letter from America included the lyric "Irving no more" and that this would make a cracking thread title when the renowned man tapped out.

My disappointment and surprise. Imagine them.

Moj

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on February 21, 2024, 01:55:03 PMDisappointingly his book company Irving Books has just issued a denial.

That's all they ever do

lauraxsynthesis

Eleanor Fazan. I only knew her name in relation to the West End transfer of Beyond the Fringe, but what a CV! Her first job was working with George Robey!

baptist

John Savident who played Fred Elliot in Corrie has gone at 86.

Ashes, I say ashes to ashes.

Norton Canes

Not a good day for Doctor Who guest stars - Pamela Salem has also passed away

Dex Sawash

TrenterPercenter

superthunderstingcar

Quote from: Norton Canes on February 23, 2024, 12:13:58 PMNot a good day for Doctor Who guest stars - Pamela Salem has also passed away
Savident and Salem both in Blakes 7 too.

He was in A Clockwork, I say A Clockwork, Orange.

He was in A Clockwork, I say A Clockwork, Orange.

EDIT: Not deleting my double post. It's what Dead Elliot would have wanted.

robhug

Genuinely shocked about Savident as I was beyond certain he'd died quite a while ago. I must have some confusion with that time he came a cropper cottaging or some such shenanigans 20 years ago.