Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:03:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Defied Comedy - Graham Linehan is Still a Transphobe

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, January 20, 2024, 11:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Why is Lineham on the Israeli government's side in the conflict? Why is he so concerned about this issue given his usual focus? And his arguments in favour of Israel's actions are rubbish.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 22, 2024, 04:52:57 PMWhy is Lineham on the Israeli government's side in the conflict? Why is he so concerned about this issue given his usual focus? And his arguments in favour of Israel's actions are rubbish.
Over one million people in Gaza are about to starve. Clearly this is because of Hamas.

Glinner is licking the IDF's collective taint because a handful of TERFs are Zionists. That's the only reason. If his mates (or people he wants to impress) were pro Palestine, he'd be pro Palestine.

New thread this evening btw

4am in Melbourne, must just pop on to Twitter to bully a few people

idunnosomename

I think it's more that the left is entirely (obviously) pro-Palestine, and he thinks the left and all young people have gone insane, so he likes to use right-wing talking points to punch down at them.

He probably pisses off more TERFs with his callous "you misspelled release the hostages" responses to ceasefire than he endears himself to.

Dr M1nx PhD

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 22, 2024, 04:52:57 PMWhy is Lineham on the Israeli government's side in the conflict? Why is he so concerned about this issue given his usual focus? And his arguments in favour of Israel's actions are rubbish.

Because he's a cunt and he's got new fashy friends.

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 22, 2024, 05:26:08 PMHe probably pisses off more TERFs with his callous "you misspelled release the hostages" responses to ceasefire than he endears himself to.

Terfs are 99% anti-Muslim pro-Israel from what I see, KJK posts on it as often as Linehan.

Elfking

Glinner is on Israel's side because the only people who can stand him are on Israel's side. It's not like he has liberal or non-genocidal friends any more. He is surrounded by thefar-right so he's going to believe what they say and parrot their lines just like happens on trans stuff.

canadagoose

Quote from: Better Midlands on March 22, 2024, 05:38:48 PMTerfs are 99% anti-Muslim pro-Israel from what I see, KJK posts on it as often as Linehan.
Yeah, it's a clear majority of them as far as I can see. Strange overlap, but I suppose what they've got in common is they think one group of people (cis women, Israelis) have divine rights over another less "deserving" group (trans women, Palestinians). Maybe a bit of a long shot though.

RicoMNKN

It's also going to be because he's seemingly incapable of anything beyond binary thinking.

He picked a side on October 7th and now will never change his opinion or think anyone on "his side" could possibly be wrong, despite how unhelpful that is.

neov1974

I don't understand how anyone has the time or audacity to drink cocktails on a speedboat when all this is going on. Disgraceful

Shaxberd

Maybe because it's because both topics offer them an opportunity to point at the left and go "ahhh, you are the real bigots, why do you hate women/Jews" and sit around huffing the fumes of their own self satisfaction.

Noakes

Conservatism, one is better than another, no matter what the circumstances. A clear, easy to understand ladder of rank that must be obeyed, no matter how they behave

Barry Admin

Imagine a world where Graham actually cared about women, girls, or Israelis.  Maybe he'd be an effective campaigner, instead of an embarrassing nutbag.

Kankurette

Quote from: Elfking on March 22, 2024, 06:40:53 PMGlinner is on Israel's side because the only people who can stand him are on Israel's side. It's not like he has liberal or non-genocidal friends any more. He is surrounded by thefar-right so he's going to believe what they say and parrot their lines just like happens on trans stuff.
The irony is that a lot of his new mates really fucking hate Jews. If Linehan wants to defend us, he should look closer to home. And equating Israel with Jews as a whole is a really ignorant and dangerous thing to do. It's playing into Netanyahu's hands.

You just know if a pro-Palestine Jew tried to reason with him he'd call them a kapo or something.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

oh shit did the february barn comedy gig happen
combing through the thread now

edit: yes it did and no-one cared