Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:29:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Frankly, I expected better of myself

Started by An tSaoi, February 18, 2010, 06:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An tSaoi

Today I was talking to someone from a place called Muff, a fact which made me giggle like a lunatic. They were less than impressed, no doubt because they were sick of peurile people like me laughing at their hometown. It seems I'm more immature than I thought.

Quote from: WikipediaMuff has experienced significant growth during the last decade, which has seen people from Northern Ireland moving across the border.
Each summer, usually during the first week in August, the village celebrates Muff Festival.
Tee he he. What times have you disappointed yourself by acting immature? Have you spent the evening playing with your child's action figures on your own? Did you absent-mindedly draw some cocks on your TPS reports at work this morning? Do you still laugh at the word 'bum'?

And no, I didn't ask if you can go diving in Muff (but the thought crossed my mind, like that tour guide in Father Ted dying to scream Victor Meldrew's catchphrase).

biggytitbo

There's a gap in the blinds at work that can become quite bothersome at 3 in the afternoon-ish and I cannot stop myself saying that I'm been distracted by a slit.

Alright, alright, it makes me laugh.

Cerys

I'm playing through Final Fantasy VIII again, and this time I named Rinoa 'my arse'.  Hence 'Where's my arse?', 'I'm worried about my arse', 'You promised you'd take care of my arse', and so on and so on.  And each time one of these pops up, I giggle like a maniac.

SNG has screen shots.  Some time soon he'll be posting them in the 1000 games thread.  We are clearly people of simple pleasures.

wherearethespoons

Quote from: Cerys on February 18, 2010, 07:22:26 PM
SNG has screen shots.  Some time soon he'll be posting them in the 1000 games thread.  We are clearly people of simple pleasures.

Post them here too, that way I won't have to venture in that thread.

I still find it hilarious to hold a banana in the position of my crotch. I fail to see how this couldn't be funny. I might post pictures of this.

Artemis

A client of mine at work is called Annys Looser. It never fails to raise a smile.

Welshy

A woman in work lost a gold ring the other day, she sent out an all boxes email requesting people keep a look out for it as it had 'sentimental' value. Her name was Anne Precious. I found this amusing and laughed and pointed and more than once shouted "One ring to rule them all eh Anne!"

Phil_A

Quote from: Cerys on February 18, 2010, 07:22:26 PM
I'm playing through Final Fantasy VIII again, and this time I named Rinoa 'my arse'.  Hence 'Where's my arse?', 'I'm worried about my arse', 'You promised you'd take care of my arse', and so on and so on.  And each time one of these pops up, I giggle like a maniac.

Heh. On a recent playthrough of FFVIII I gained some amusement by rechristening Squall as "Bumface". I know, I know...

Oh, and Rinoa's dog will now forever be known as "Boggins". It had to be done.

Winjer

When narked about something, usually at work, I'm inclined to say "Bums, tits and fannies!!" instead of using a more grown-up expletive.

vrailaine

Any time I find myself wandering around a nightclub for that last hour before it shuts disgusted with everything around me, then realise I'm just as bad, which makes me worse.

The fact I keep finding myself in that situation is what I expected myself to do better with, yeah?

eluc55

I named my horse "MeAnus" in Zelda Twilight Princess, purely so Link's girlfriend could say "I washed MeAnus for you" at one point in the game.

Which I then photographed with my mobile. And set as my background.   

Cerys

Squall is currently Dipshit, although he has been Twatboy on occasion.  Rinoa has been Slutrah and Halfwit, Angelo is usually Sputum, and Griever is currently Scrofula (formerly Syphilis).

levitica

I think I was one of many people who enjoyed the constant mentions of Coxhoe on the news due to the flooding a few months ago.

My Grandma has a friend named Pina Stally, makes me laugh without fail.

Quote from: wherearethespoons on February 18, 2010, 07:28:10 PM
I still find it hilarious to hold a banana in the position of my crotch. I fail to see how this couldn't be funny.

I just laughed imagining it.

And again.

wherearethespoons

Is this about the hoody or the comedy cock?

koeman

Quote from: levitica on February 18, 2010, 09:11:52 PM
My Grandma has a friend named Pina Stally, makes me laugh without fail.

What a fantastic name!

koeman

Researching a boys' weekend away to Clacton last year, my friends and I were delighted to find this place nearby:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fingringhoe

Caused us a fair amount of laughter. Sadly, none of us could be arsed to make the effort to actually go there to get a photo next to the 'Welcome' sign.

An tSaoi

There's a place down the road called Hack Balls Cross. makes me smile everytime.

Marty McFly

kittens

On Tuesday night I got so drunk and high at a party that I can't remember anything. I've been reliably informed that I was going around with no trousers or pants on for a very long time, and had to be helped back into my pants by someone who I can't remember.

That was definitely a low point.

Whug Baspin

QuoteI'm playing through Final Fantasy VIII again, and this time I named Rinoa 'my arse'.  Hence 'Where's my arse?', 'I'm worried about my arse', 'You promised you'd take care of my arse', and so on and so on.  And each time one of these pops up, I giggle like a maniac.
For sure, The only thing that made any Final Fantasy dialogue bearable for me was trying to preempt it with stupid names and then having a gem like 'when I find My Arse there will be trouble!', or just watching some tragic character shouting 'Vaginasex!!!!!'

Serge

Myself and a friend at work get a childish amount of glee from repeatedly using the 'Bummers Are Deaf' joke from 'League Of Gentlemen'. And, in fact, using endless amounts of smut and double entendres like we're in a film called 'Carry On In The Record Shop'. He's forty, and I will be at the end of the year.

dredd

I had to restrain myself from tagging "I thought you people were supposed to be jolly?" in a recent thread.

daimoniac

there is a river called "river browney" in county durham. someone with a black marker put the inevitable extra "e" on the end in near perfect font. i laughed heartily the first time i saw that one, as well as the one where the "l" on shilbottle's sign got crossed. and on the road in  manchester when canal street was robbed of its "c" and "s" and became a badly spelled almost pun

Ginyard

I laughed my arse off when I saw some kid had cunningly changed the 'Welcome to Hitchin' sign to 'Welcome to Bitchin'.

gmoney

I saw The White Ribbon today and felt utterly ashamed that me and a friend both had to suppress laughter for about 5 minutes because one of the characters goes fishing for brown trout. We're both twats.

AsparagusTrevor

I was reading some Lost episode guides on Wikipedia, and found myself immaturely laughing at this:

QuoteLater, Sun is shown having an affair with Jae Lee, who attempts to give her a pearl necklace. She refuses, afraid that her husband would see it.

23 Daves

According to my wife, I let myself down just about every other day.  This is because, amongst other things, I seem to find farting funny (I have to strongly resist the urge to clap politely in the manner one would at a cricket match whenever she lets a Tommy Squeaker go, and I don't always succeed), and am generally guilty of finding everything to do with toilet humour hilarious.  If the worst comedian in the world just stood on stage and did an entire set about their toilet habits, I'd be the happiest chap in the audience.  Unsurprisingly, I love the Frank Hovis character off "Absolutely".   

I once tried to start a toilet humour thread on this very forum, actually.  It sank after one reply.  It's the wrong audience for it, I think (although if I'd started one about crude sexual innuendo, it would probably be sixty pages long and still going strong by now.  Whoops, pardon!)