Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:45:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Frankly, I expected better of myself

Started by An tSaoi, February 18, 2010, 06:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wherearethespoons

Quote from: non capisco on February 20, 2010, 06:15:57 PM
Translates as 'Happy Buddha' apparently. It's just round the corner from a cowboy boot shop called R. Soles, which I can only assume is deliberate.

Is this true?

I've always laughed at the name of the author Richard Beard.

non capisco

levitica

Mike Hunt also lectures in physics at Durham University, along with Dr GD Love.

Blue Jam

My uni has a Dr Fear, she does research into post-traumatic stress disorder in the military.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

That reminds me of Wimbledon legend Peter Fear.

wherearethespoons

Been looking around the Luton area on Google maps. Cockernhoe is a bit funny but I find Wandon End funnier, I'm not sure why. Slip End, that's another one. Gustard Wood. I could go on.

turnstyle

I often send people emails with the subject topic as 'CTUM'.

When they reply, it spells RE:CTUM.

I am 30 years old.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

screencap of my chess game:

ahurhrururhurrr

chocky909

wherearethespoons

I applaud the effort you've gone to in bringing me this childish laugh.

An tSaoi

On a similar note, one of the German bobsleighers is called Andre Langer.

Langer being a slang word for your willy.

An tSaoi

Serge

The big block of offices by East Putney station used to proudly announce that it was 'Wang Electronics' or something similar, which always caused me to smile when I got off the train there. It's now been renamed, so I don't know what the people of Putney do for cheap laughs these days.

Winjer

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 20, 2010, 02:20:32 PMone of my final exams from my first degree had a question about a fictional company called GeneItalia. Scientists of all ages can be pretty childish.

My sister used to work for the energy company Powergen, now re-branded to E-on. A couple of years ago I found out about the Italian URL for their site: www.powegenitalia.com I emailed her the link. She didn't reply. Hopefully she'd seen it before, rather than thinking I was just being a vulgar eejit.

Quote from: turnstyle on February 22, 2010, 09:37:55 AM
I often send people emails with the subject topic as 'CTUM'.

When they reply, it spells RE:CTUM.

I am 30 years old.

Thanks turnstyle. There are quite a few times at work when I leave the subject line blank if it's a quick informal email. I'm monkeying around with this method from now on.

Shaun

Quote from: Winjer on February 22, 2010, 08:39:14 PM
My sister used to work for the energy company Powergen, now re-branded to E-on. A couple of years ago I found out about the Italian URL for their site: www.powegenitalia.com I emailed her the link. She didn't reply. Hopefully she'd seen it before, rather than thinking I was just being a vulgar eejit.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2003/06/18/powergen_denies_ties_with_powergenitalia/

http://www.snopes.com/business/names/powergen.asp

It was also featured on QI and proclaimed to be the Italian division of Powergen, just another example of their very poor research (Stephen also presented Pen Island, a joke site, as real).

presta didwicks

I chuckle at a well timed fart noise in the cinema.

I've mentioned this here a few years ago.
I work in an iron foundry and we used to wait till someone went into the rest room (small room 1 door), one of us would piss in a bucket, slide the bucket into the rest room and at the last minute, toss in some very hot slag, and jam the door.
How we'd laugh watching them choke on piss vapour.
One bloke took revenge by shitting in someones lunchbox.

It just goes to show how these things can soon escalate out of control.