Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:06:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Epic Beard Man Saga / Race relations in America

Started by Rumpelwilskin, February 18, 2010, 09:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rumpelwilskin

This video (and more importantly, the response) seems to say volumes about race relations in America:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Follow-up on Encyclopedia Dramatica, goes as far as to post the camerawoman's home address:
http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Epic_Beard_Man

Looks like the Daily Mail has got to it :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1251946/Racially-charged-fight-U-S-bus-YouTube-hit.html

El Unicornio, mang

It might be different in Oakland but I ride the bus every day in a city in North Carolina which is predominantly black, and usually I'm the only white person on there (and it's always packed), and have found them to be friendly and polite to me (the same goes for the people at my work who are almost all black also). That being said, there is a cultural divide (go to any bar here and you probably won't see any black people) but in the case of that video it's just a drunk twat getting his just desserts.

Hank_Kingsley

I feel dirty just reading that Encyclopedia Dramatica shite. There are a lot of people who need their home computers and their capacity to reproduce taken away from them. VILE!

MojoJojo

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on February 18, 2010, 11:07:58 PMbut in the case of that video it's just a drunk twat getting his just desserts.

Is it? I can't make out the audio at the beginning of the clip, but apparently the old bloke is known for being violent.

boxofslice

They're a 'totally different type of people' who ride the bus.

Judging from the flood of YouTube and other forum comments, there's a lot of pathetic whites living vicariously through that old nutter's fist-swinging actions.

23 Daves

The most sickening thing about that video clip to me is that most of the passengers seem to be enjoying the entire situation.  Give them some popcorn, and they'd be in pig's heaven.

If that were a London bus, you'd slowly see all the seats gradually emptying (although I don't know if that's better or worse).

Slaaaaabs

23 Daves

Christ, he's mad.  And yet there are endless YouTube comments from people saying "Yeah well, he may be a bit unstable, but HE SHOULD BE PRESIDENT!!!" 

With people like that around, it's suddenly not too difficult to understand how Adolf Hitler came to power in Germany.

Santa's Boyfriend

mook

Is it just me, but there is is no audio coming out of that youtube clip? I have tried other clips and they work just fine!

Bingo Fury

Clearly, though none of the participants will own up to it, this is a "Balls Of Steel - USA" skit that got out of control. "You need a boy to shine your shoes? A brother? You gonna get a brother to shine your shoes??!!"

_Hypnotoad_

What a lunatic! walking away from a violent, unreasonable thug like that. crazy

Depressed Beyond Tables

Did that camerawoman just take the old guy's bag at the end???

Depressed Beyond Tables

America is a mess.

This happens between same race people all the time and nobody gives a shit.

23 Daves

Quote from: _Hypnotoad_ on February 20, 2010, 12:14:40 PM
What a lunatic! walking away from a violent, unreasonable thug like that. crazy

He seems quite mad in the second clip to me.  I mean, I'm no psychiatrist, but...

You did watch the second clip, I assume?  I find it hard to believe that anyone could honestly say his version of events was grounded or sane.  And where is his "white friend" he was supposedly talking to on the bus before he was 'interrupted'?  And where did he disappear to in the middle of all this?

Quote from: Garfield And Friends on February 19, 2010, 11:53:40 AM
Judging from the flood of YouTube and other forum comments, there's a lot of pathetic whites living vicariously through that old nutter's fist-swinging actions.

I wonder if we'd have heard of this if they were both black.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: Hank_Kingsley on February 19, 2010, 10:45:13 AMI feel dirty just reading that Encyclopedia Dramatica shite. There are a lot of people who need their home computers and their capacity to reproduce taken away from them. VILE!

I can't think of a single person who has ever encouraged visiting the place, but you can't say that this isn't a little clever:

I'm quite surprised he caused that much 'leaking' by simply failing wildly with his arms.

Melody Lee

Quote from: mook on February 20, 2010, 12:04:08 PM
Is it just me, but there is is no audio coming out of that youtube clip? I have tried other clips and they work just fine!

The second clip is in mono (right side), so perhaps one of your speakers isn't working, or perhaps the balance is off? If you have them, that is.

*flies away with no opinion on this whole 'EpicBeardMan' saga*

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteI'm quite surprised he caused that much 'leaking' by simply failing wildly with his arms

With his gristly tree-trunk like arms.

That's just depressing viewing. A reminder of why standing up for yourself is a fucking rubbish idea.

Lee Van Cleef

I have to be honest, but I don't know what to think of that video because the sound is so damn muffled.  They could be arguing about pancakes for all I know.

Tiny Poster

Quote from: Steve Lampkins on February 20, 2010, 01:53:16 PM

I wonder if we'd have heard of this if they were both black.
Well, it wouldn't carry the same race-based undertones if they were both of the same colour, would it?

23 Daves

Quote from: Tiny Poster on February 20, 2010, 08:36:01 PM
Well, it wouldn't carry the same race-based undertones if they were both of the same colour, would it?

Also, I doubt one of them would have said "You ain't scaring this white boy!" in defiance at the other.

Tiny Poster

There wouldn't have been a flare-up over spit-shining, "boys" or "brothers", either.
I do like how he insists he can't be racist, because a "Chinaman" could spit-shine his shoes.

Desi Rascal

Bruso grasp on reality in the interview comes across as being one step away from the guys in the Bumfights videos, the whole Epic Beard Guy phenomena taps into the same psyke, shit for cunts innit?

Bumfights - A video too far ( part 2/5 )

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: Tiny Poster on February 20, 2010, 08:48:01 PMI do like how he insists he can't be racist, because a "Chinaman" could spit-shine his shoes.

I doubt he's referring to the noble minority that built the rail-roads with that remark, probably just the inscrutable, tank-top wearing, rug-pissers.

Tiny Poster

I was referring more to the outdated term 'Chinaman'.

Skip Bittman

Not only is that Encyclopedia Dramatica page utterly loathsome, but clicking on one of those video links automatically installs some bullshit malware on your system that pretends it found a slew of imaginary virus/trojan crap. Took half an hour to get rid of with Spyware Doctor and regedit. I think it was the Mortal Kombat vid that opened it.

Serves me right!

Suttonpubcrawl

Quote from: Tiny Poster on February 20, 2010, 09:27:47 PMI was referring more to the outdated term 'Chinaman'.

Dude, Chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature.

copylight

Quote from: Desi Rascal on February 20, 2010, 09:04:33 PM
Bruso grasp on reality in the interview comes across as being one step away from the guys in the Bumfights videos, the whole Epic Beard Guy phenomena taps into the same psyke, shit for cunts innit?

Man, that's the most depressing thing I've seen for a long time.

Regarding the Bruso debacle, one can clearly see he's an old deranged bastard and the black guy clearly took it too far but as others have voiced, the bint holding the camera this needs to have the blame put on her - not just for stealing his bag, but for this to exist in the firstplace.

It's incredibly well shot and smells a bit hoaxey to be hosnest, or at least premeditated for her to get it in the can so easily.   

Lamps is the best thing about that - love to change her bulbs, etc.