Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,330
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:43:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hey, you'll never guess what this MP said on the radio

Started by Santa's Boyfriend, February 20, 2010, 11:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa's Boyfriend

rudi

yes. Whole thread somewhere. Sorry pumpkin, but you did ask...

ed: oh right, it's a "thing".

Snied

That's hilarious!

Hahahahaha!

That'll teach people for not using the definitely-working search functionality! The fuckers!

rudi

I for one feel like a fucking tool. i'm just off to top myself.

Santa's Boyfriend

Edit to add:  It was supposed to be a lighthearted dig, Snied, I hope you're not actually offended.

Snied

You have no idea how steaming fucking piss mad I am right now (on the Internet).

Santa's Boyfriend

Lee Van Cleef

Artemis

Why on earth is this a big deal? The 'jock' seems to be seizing on this, but the point the 'Sir' is making is pretty reasonable - essentially, first class is quieter than standard, so if you want to do some work, you're better off there.

Talulah, really!

Ooof.

That is truly truly painful listening. That whole 'different type of people' is breathtaking. I don't like the presenter very much but you could tell he was shocked too at what he was saying.

However, I do think people (including MPs) should be able to pay more to find a space to work on trains if they need to.

I use first class, simply because I hate being crowded and if I'm prepared to pay extra out of my own pocket (unlike that fucker up there) surely the option should be available to me.

It's only right that people have the opportunity to pay over the odds to sit in peace and quiet in the 'no-fun' carriage.

Only an idiot would pay full-fare though. Far better to buy a second class ticket and get an upgrade on the train.

Which means only travelling at the weekend, I suppose.
It just warps the mind to know that we still have First Class train travel in this country. With all the endless and totally justified bitter criticisms to make about our abysmal train service, to add insult to injury by letting hundreds of passengers traipse miles past carriage after empty carriage marked 'First Class', when we've remortgaged our houses just to use the train at all, is beyond sick.

Do we still have workhouses too? It would be less annoying if we did.

That's what I think anyway..... :o)

Santa's Boyfriend

He's afraid of meeting this man in second class, I reckon.

George Oscar Bluth II

He gets his own sealed carriage. That's SO bourgeois.