Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:59:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Gordon Brown, temper like...

Started by biggytitbo, February 21, 2010, 12:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jemble Fred

If this bollocks goes on much longer I'm going to end up voting for this wonderful maniac. And I always thought I was about as likely to vote Labour as I was to vote Tory. i.e. = 0.

Still Not George

Actually now you mention it, this might be the most incredible political ploy in history.
Spun right, they could play this as "Normal, real people trying to do the country's hardest job" or some such, and then contrast it with Bullingdon Dave and his ever-so-slick cronies.

Treguard of Dunshelm

Quote from: Still Not George on February 26, 2010, 01:27:25 PM
Actually now you mention it, this might be the most incredible political ploy in history.
Spun right, they could play this as "Normal, real people trying to do the country's hardest job" or some such, and then contrast it with Bullingdon Dave and his ever-so-slick cronies.
Perhaps the Tories would agree with you: http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/blog/2010/feb/26/david-cameron-fierce-temper-too

biggytitbo

Quote from: Still Not George on February 26, 2010, 01:27:25 PM
It probably wasn't deliberate but you can bet your bottom dollar the labour spin machine is now going to go for that angle big time.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Does it have much of a spin machine? They're pretty powerless to stop this stuff coming out any more- the media are sick of him, the Tories are obviously having fun flinging shit, and then there's the dead-wood Blairites leaning in with the daggers. The Tories might be doing a really shit job of winning this election, but if Labour have a chance, some people will actually have to vote for them.

Uncle TechTip

Yeah, they've got a big one, with dials and valves and a big spinning satellite dish on the top.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 26, 2010, 01:49:28 PM
Does it have much of a spin machine? They're pretty powerless to stop this stuff coming out any more- the media are sick of him, the Tories are obviously having fun flinging shit, and then there's the dead-wood Blairites leaning in with the daggers. The Tories might be doing a really shit job of winning this election, but if Labour have a chance, some people will actually have to vote for them.
Does Labour have a spin machine? HAHA! Are you for real? New Labour is a spin machine. Although in fairness all political parties are now almost entirely about media spin and headlines rather than substance so you can't really single Labour out - they just turned it into a fine art.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Your opinion is 5 years out of date. As soon as the media realised not only was Mandelson a cunt, but Alistair Campbell was a cunt and Blair was a cunt they went off the idea of being told what to do by them. You can't look at any of the Brown government government and say 'wow, they fucked a lot of stuff up but great spindoctory work guys'. They're just past their sell-by in the medias eyes.

It's probably testament to how big a cunt every knows Cameron is that he isn't already arriving at PMQ's at the other side of the house.

biggytitbo

They're not as good at it under Brown, but its still all about spin spin spin - Mandelson is their chief spokesman for  god sake. They're still miles better at it than the Tories even when the press aren't on their side. They've done a pretty good job of the whole bullying business for instance. Some people still think they did a good job over the recession, which shows their spin operation is still incredibly effective at times.

Backstage With Slowdive

He really should have called the Election last June, caught them unprepared.

rudi

He still should, that would really confuse everyone.

"The Election? Oh that was a few months back; s'not my fault no one remembered..."