Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:57:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Gordon Brown, temper like...

Started by biggytitbo, February 21, 2010, 12:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendly_Milk

Danger Man

Hmmm....

Gordon Brown, temper like glass. Like his left eye, easy to scratch?

boxofslice

I've heard he's just wierdly eccentric is all.  In further revalations tomorrow it's revealed that he insists on cabinet meetings being held in the nude, likes Sarah to dress up as Dr Finlay's housekeeper during sex play and only eats eggs on a full moon.

Cerys

I heard once he got his bum out.

Quote from: Danger Man on February 21, 2010, 03:54:29 PM
Hmmm....

Gordon Brown, temper like glass. Like his left eye, easy to scratch?

I like it!

_Hypnotoad_

I can only assume you classless oafs are pronouncing glass like ass rather than grass, else none of these rhyme.

biggytitbo

Gordon Brown, temper and rants. In a meeting he weed his pants.

And that ones true!

Cerys

Quote from: _Hypnotoad_ on February 21, 2010, 04:03:37 PM
I can only assume you classless oafs are pronouncing glass like ass rather than grass, else none of these rhyme.

Well, since the word 'glass' contains neither an 'h' nor an 'r', I think I'd rather be classless than deluded.

23 Daves

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 21, 2010, 01:10:06 PM
I'd be very surprised if other Prime Ministers haven't had temper tantrums with colleagues before, but I can't imagine any of them bullied ordinary members of staff.

I actually met one of Tony Blair's assistants at a party once, and asked her what he was like to work for.  Without even batting an eyelid or stopping to think, she said "He's fantastic to work for, one of the best bosses I've ever had".  I waited to see if she was joking or not, but she was adamant that he was wonderful.  I was quite taken aback by that - I'd always suspected he had a sinister, angry side, but apparently the even-handed, chummy Blair we saw on television was largely what his staff saw on a daily basis as well.

I wish I had some dirt to dish, but really, I have none, other than to say that...

Shoulders?-Stomach!

He's infamously one of the nicest fascist dictators to ever live.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Cerys on February 21, 2010, 04:10:03 PM
Well, since the word 'glass' contains neither an 'h' nor an 'r', I think I'd rather be classless than deluded.

Hmmm...

Cerys

I think you meant to put four stops at the end of that comment.

Still Not George

I'm surprised you could type that without your tits getting in the way.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Cerys on February 21, 2010, 04:36:14 PM
I think you meant to put four stops at the end of that comment.

Hey! I'm not some kind of nutter, y'know!

Cerys

But without four stops you left the sentence unfinished.  Unfinished!

Backstage With Slowdive

I had a look at Rawnsley's article, but I couldn't stomach the sanctimonious tone about his "duty as a journalist" or whatever. YOU'RE A WESTMINSTER HACK, THAT MEANS YOU'RE A WHORE, YOU WHORE. Every article such people knock out is held together with unattributed briefings or anonymous sources who are just leaking gossip to score their own points.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Cerys on February 21, 2010, 04:39:26 PM
But without four stops you left the sentence unfinished.  Unfinished!

Oh, alright then.

Hmmm

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I agree with the above. I enjoyed Rawnsley when I first came in but now he's the same as the rest of them. All speculation, hyperbole, self-promotion. There are very few journalists who inhabit Westminster village and don't get turned into the same hacks. They should force themselves to have 3 months off every year just to remind themselves what the real world is like.

Johnny Yesno

Aaagh! My typing's atrocious.

I meant "Hmmm"

Cerys

That's more like it.  Now let us never speak of this again.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Cerys on February 21, 2010, 05:04:03 PM
That's more like it.  Now let us never speak of this again.

Not another word about this will pass my ellipses.

mycroft

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: Cerys on February 21, 2010, 05:04:03 PMThat's more like it.  Now let us never speak of this again.

Three full stops aren't a valid alternative to one of these ... and even if it they were you'd still need the spaces.

Backstage With Slowdive

Anthony Crosland, left-wing Labour minister in the 60s, was known for getting angry with civil servants and throwing files at them.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on February 21, 2010, 05:20:05 PM
Three full stops aren't a valid alternative to one of these ... and even if it they were you'd still need the spaces.

Bollocks! You're right.

Third attempt:

Hmmm

Cerys

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on February 21, 2010, 05:20:05 PM

You see what you did?  You didn't let it lie!

Dusty Gozongas

Ohhh! Watch this space. The following newsflash (currently without details) has appeared at news.bbc.co.uk:

LATEST: Head of anti-bullying charity says staff who work closely with PM have contacted it for advice

I'm loving it :-)

_Hypnotoad_

uh-oh, no smoke without fire and all that, eh SNG

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Ah yes, that certainly justifies the use of the phrase 'no smoke without fire' forever.

biggytitbo

Did anyone actually think it wasn't true though?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Not really- obviously I don't know for sure but it doesn't surprise me. Given the way all his bad press and dirty secrets have been so impeccably timed, he's clearly made many many enemies over the years. This is a bit of a recycled story anyway.

Blair's more charming approach means that even though he has done far shittier things in his life, he can rely on people to leap to his defence.

They both carry equal credit and blame for Labour's electoral successes and inevitable downfall.