Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:09:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Larry the Cable Guy gets disillusioned

Started by Backstage With Slowdive, February 21, 2010, 10:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samadriel

Terrifying that a grade-A bullshit artist like McCain still isn't considered a "red meat" Republican contender.  "I dunno, he just isn't psychopathic enough, he might be a communist!"

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I wonder what hurts more- Republicans knowing they always will share the same party with a sizeable minority of people who are empirically mental, or Democrats knowing that they're represented by the most useless faffy bunch of compromised, corrupt cackheads in the entire universe.

Blumf

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/sarah-palin/7286338/Sarah-Palin-comes-third-in-Republican-presidential-beauty-contest.html
QuoteThe first contest for Republicans seeking to battle Barack Obama for the White House was won by Ron Paul, a libertarian Congressman who is barely considered a member of the party.

In a straw poll taken at an annual conference for conservative activists, 31 per cent supported Ron Paul, a maverick fringe contender in the past who proposes isolationism in foreign policy and abolition of the Federal Reserve Bank.

Mitt Romney, the defeated primary candidate in 2008, was second with 22 per cent while Sarah Palin came third with just seven per cent.

Hopefully there are enough sane people (for certain values of sane) left in the Republican party to keep the religious-right nut jobs in check.

Still Not George

Quote from: samadriel on February 22, 2010, 12:59:20 AM
Terrifying that a grade-A bullshit artist like McCain still isn't considered a "red meat" Republican contender.  "I dunno, he just isn't psychopathic enough, he might be a communist!"
The thing about McCain is that it was always, always sn act. McCain's a hawk, but apart from that most of his policy stances were surprisingly centrist even for a US politician. Certainly on torture, the Bush tax cuts, faith-based programs, Don't Ask Don't Tell, gay marriage, abortion... he's historically been way to the left of the whole Republican party.

And then, of course, he realised that 2008 was his absolute last chance to become President. In an interview with John Stewart (who adores him) he actually stated outright that he intended to "go to crazy base land" - ie throw them all the stupid red-meat dog-whistle bullshit they wanted if it got him elected.

Most of the time the sub-Stormfront loons on RedState are full of shit, but when they call McCain a RINO (Republican In Name Only) they're historically not far off the mark.