Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:05:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Big Organisations with cruddy, appalling headquarters

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, February 22, 2010, 07:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

This believe it or not, is the headquarters of OPEC in Vienna, perhaps one of the most powerful organisations (and probably the most powerful cartel) in the world. Horrendous.

Close by in Geneva, we have the World Health Organisation who appear to be operating out of a giant humane mouse trap:

And finally, Strasbourg, home of the European Court of Human Rights, the centre of liberalism and justice in the western world and also a water treatment plant.

All incredibly rubbish in their own special way. These are all I can think of for now. I was considering voting for the UN building but it's not quite in the same league as these. Perhaps you can help!

sirhenry

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 22, 2010, 07:39:11 PM
Close by in Geneva, we have the World Health Organisation who appear to be operating out of a giant humane mouse trap:

That would have been very cool and modern when it was built. It wouldn't have looked out of place sinking into the ground at the start of Stingray.

Pseudopath

Behold the headquarters of the Asahi Beer company in Tokyo (designed by the consistently-crap designer Philippe Starck):

Apparently, that thing is supposed to be a flame. The locals call it "The Shit Building".

falafel

Hehe, yes, I stayed in Asakusa for a fortnight and I couldn't help but snicker at the big Godzilla poo just over the river there...

Jack Shaftoe

There's a bank in the centre of Birmingham, which I always thought looked like someone in the Sixties sat down and tried to make a fortress out of concrete. Then I realised it was the Cold War on at the time, and that was probably exactly what they had done, which was a bit sobering.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Futurebobbers on February 22, 2010, 09:12:46 PM
The worst thing a bank has ever done:

I have stood next to it and it looks even worse than that.

Crabwalk

Behold the lair of the high-street destroyer, and quiver at its terrible grandeur...

Spoiler alert
Tesco Value Range HQ
[close]

purlieu

The whole of Asda is run from a rather innocuous building in the shoddy Holbeck/Hunslet area of Leeds.

On the plus side, it is next to a giant Dalek.