Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:15:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Radios At Work

Started by presta didwicks, February 22, 2010, 09:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

presta didwicks

My workplace did a noise survey and found that being a very noisy place, the most harmfully loud piece of equipment was the radios.
Now they are banning all radios (and TVs which is fair enough) citing the fact that workplaces need to pay a license for both and the authorities are clamping down.
It's not gone down to well but have you whores experienced anything like this ?
I use my phone, claiming hands free practicalities, but it's only a matter of time before i'm rumbled.

Spiteface

Where I work, we used to have a radio, but most people who wanted to listen to something while they worked had an MP3 player/personal radio of sorts anyway by now.  the radio was never an isse when we had it on during the day to be honest.

Tokyo Sexwhale

Hell is listening to someone else's taste in music, it's bad enough on public transport - if I had to endure it all day, every day in an office, I'd probably be driven to kill.

I'll cede access to online radio at my workplace when you take it from my cold, dead hands.

Cerys

Quote from: presta didwicks on February 22, 2010, 09:51:33 PM
My workplace did a noise survey and found that being a very noisy place, the most harmfully loud piece of equipment was the radios.

Laura Ashley did a similar thing at their factory in Mid Wales in the mid/late 'Eighties, and found the same thing.  The survey was done after a few workers complained about the noise level from the machines.  The same workers who loved the fact that the factory played radio.