Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:23:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Septum Piercings

Started by vrailaine, February 23, 2010, 10:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudi

Quote from: The Widow of Brid on February 24, 2010, 01:51:28 PM
Is there actually a good reason why so many people are being a cunt in this thread. Or is the fact that the liking or disliking of piercings is a topic sensitive to the point of insanity something that was already known to everyone except me?

Dunno: I was smashed when I posted. It is kinda ironic that On Tee, king of hating old comedy tropes, who's basically repeating the tiredest stand-up cliche of all: "So, piercings: what's that all about, eh?"

The Widow of Brid

Asking a question isn't a cliche.
'Dunno! I woz drunk, lol' definitely is.

rudi

I'm not sure I wrote "lol". Perhaps you can see words that aren't there. I was steaming drunk when I got home last night: that's a fact, neither funny nor tragic, just a fact. Lol.

Asking a question isn't a cliche, no, but what I wrote explaining is, isn't it? Again, perhaps there are words I wrote that you can't see. I'm worried for you now.

The Widow of Brid

He didn't do anything wrong, Rudi and you're behaving like a bullying prick towards him. I don't think you are a bullying prick, or I wouldn't bother saying it.

I'm not going to say anything else this thread.

rudi

You think so? I've just read back my posts and can only see one bit where I have a go at the chap. And it is a dumb question with a patently obvious answer. I'm thinking here of that moment in The Simpsons when Krusty does that "A blue book and a yellow book? What the hell's that all about?"

[ed] So, in summary, I think I was probably being a prick, specifically a drunk prick, I just fail to see any bullying. It's not nice to be accused of it.

Vitalstatistix

Like most things in life, attractive people can just about pull it off but it looks rubbish on ugly people.

For further wisdom contact me directly.

All Surrogate

Suttonpubcrawl

The chain around that chap's neck looks a bit weedy. You could cut it with a pair of scissors.

Captain Crunch

I'm thinking of getting a number 7 from this very useful chart:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earring#Piercing_techniques

And a tattoo of a Griffin.  On my arse. 

Blumf

The number 2 looks useful if you have a load-bearing ear

Treguard of Dunshelm

An tSaoi

Quote from: The Widow of Brid on February 24, 2010, 01:51:28 PM
Is there actually a good reason why so many people are being a cunt in this thread. Or is the fact that the liking or disliking of piercings is a topic sensitive to the point of insanity something that was already known to everyone except me?

I can't figure it out. It's not like I said people who have nose piercings are all cunts, and I never cast aspersions about the people who wear them. If I was tutting and saying "Cuh, that yobbo has a percing, must be a bad 'un", then Rudi et al would have a point. I don't consider 'not understanding an aethetic preference' to be a judgement.

Of course some people, like Jimmy Jazz will moan about everything I say or do, while proudly announcing the fact.

Lfbarfe

Body modifications of any kind are emphatically not for me, but I'm not squeamish about more conventional piercings. I do, however, find myself going 'ERP!' about things that go through cartilage rather than soft tissue. Also, those really big tubular ear things that stretch the lobe from within. Wait until you're a pensioner. Your lobes will be big enough naturally. Were I not married, would I turn down sexual fun with someone because of their piercings? Of course not. What do you think I am? Daft?

dr_christian_troy

I remembered it being in Ludo's nose. Close enough.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Captain Crunch on February 25, 2010, 02:11:21 PM
And a tattoo of a Griffin.  On my arse. 

Can you post a picture of your arse and we'll tell you if it's a good idea or not.