Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,327
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:27:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Former Tory Cabinet Minister Attacks Child

Started by Caroline, February 23, 2010, 11:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caroline

I posted this on my facebook earlier when I read it but it just seems to good not to share with a wider audience.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1253066/Norman-Tebbit-attacks-child-dressed-dragon-Chinese-New-Year.html

So, what do you think? Are you a former Tory Cabinet Minister? Have you ever been so enraged by the sound of multicultural celebration that you kicked a child? Stories please.

Zero Gravitas

"the level of noise that travelled through the thick walls of their £840,000 Georgian house"

Beautifully done.

biggytitbo

Surely the whole point here is 'Sir' Norman thught it was a real dragon. He was fucking terrified! Especially after what the IRA did to his wife.

Geraint

"In November, Lord Tebbit apologised to a local pub owner after piling empty beer and wine bottles he found outside his house onto the business's window ledge. It later emerged the bottles had probably come from a supermarket."

comments are a fucking goldmine as ever:

QuoteThe poor man was blown up in a bomb attack initiated by some confounded foreigners. He, of all people, is entitled to a dislike of loud noise and the hoo-hah of foreign cultural expression.

Such a pity we have so few grumpy old men just like him.

- Peregrine, London, 23/2/2010 11:42

Quotethats why i dont go to any more chinese concerts. too much ding .

- brins, australia, 23/2/2010 8:19

QuoteIm discusted by the story even being published, How could everyone on here be so quick to condemn a man of Descent Integrity who represents true British Moral Standards and is a true Eurosceptic.
Tebbit is the sort of man you lot have always supposed to look up to as he stands for Traditional British Values.
Ok he may have over reacted and he has appologised, but why cant you all give him a break. Does everyone that reads the Mail just like to condemn everyone no matter who they are ??
Makes me wonder whos side you lot are on, I bet if members of New Labour and all other Left-Wing Loonies read your comments it will just make there day with amusement !!

- D Torrens, Ballymoney, Co Antrim, UK not EUSSR, 23/2/2010 9:05

Desi Rascal

QuoteThe celebration has been staged in the market town for more than 20 years but Lord Tebbit only moved to the area recently and was unaware of the tradition.

oh the irony, i wonder what he does for an encore,punch a boy scout during bob-a- job week?

jutl

Quote from: Geraint on February 24, 2010, 01:41:05 AM
QuoteThe poor man was blown up in a bomb attack initiated by some confounded foreigners.

Nice inadvertent agreement with the bombers there.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Desi Rascal on February 24, 2010, 07:55:45 AM
QuoteThe celebration has been staged in the market town for more than 20 years but Lord Tebbit only moved to the area recently and was unaware of the tradition.

oh the irony, i wonder what he does for an encore,punch a boy scout during bob-a- job week?

To give him some credit, he did recognise the irony himself.  From the Mirror's (front-page!) version of the story yesterday -- which remarkably is more sympathetic to him than the Mail's was -- there's this:

QuoteLord Tebbit, who once said immigrants coming to Britain should adopt our culture, said he and Mr Chung had settled the matter in good humour.

He added: "As a new resident, we immigrants should understand the customs of the community we go into.

"It is up to us to co-operate with the prevailing culture.

"Anyway, I forgave Mr Chung and will not be taking this any further. I did also apologise for my behaviour."

What with that and the pub business, it does sound as if he's starting to lose his marbles a bit though, doesn't it?

mook

Desi Rascal

is it just me or does "Anyway, I forgave Mr Chung and will not be taking this any further. I did also apologise for my behaviour." sound like the sort of apology Mad Frankie Fraser might make after pulling somebodies teeth out with a pair of pliers?

Hank_Kingsley

Desi Rascal

Maybe he should have kicked Gerry Adams up the arse.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Maybe he should've reamed former environment secretary Michael Meacher.

Hank_Kingsley

Poor woman.

It's almost as if they pulled a train on her.

Desi Rascal

yeah all those spitting image episodes must have been hell for brave Norman, i feel bad about criticising him for kicking a defensless kid now.

Hank_Kingsley

Well, he kicks his wife all the time too.

He kicks everyone.

Desi Rascal

yeah at the local school the cast of the panto are bricking it, they had to draw straws for the rear end of Dobin.