Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:58:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Woof woof!

Started by Saucer51, February 25, 2010, 11:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saucer51

Have you ever seen someone, who, according to your own private maxims, are quite gross...but you fancy them a bit. Your friends and colleagues may also be repulsed with this person and you go along with their opinion but still...you wouldn't say no to a date or something.

Here's mine [/shame]

I think it must be his confidence. Yes, that's it.

biggytitbo

He's fairly normal though isn't he? Its the misfits that are members of his party that are the true dreggs.

Saucer51

biggytitbo

I think he has some good things to say. I don't fancy him though. Well not much;)

Saucer51

I'll scratch your eyes out.

Cerys

Um - sorry, but eurgh.  Is it a bad photo, or does he really look like that?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteI think he has some good things to say.
QuoteUm - sorry, but eurgh.

Saucer51

Quote from: Cerys on February 26, 2010, 12:16:08 AM
Um - sorry, but eurgh.  Is it a bad photo, or does he really look like that?

Yes I'm afraid it really gets no better than that.

Geraint

he looks like Turner the Worm ffs

Hank_Kingsley

UKIP are such cunts. I actually hate them more than the BNP.

Farrage is just sleazy-public school-cunt-brash-city trader-fuck pants-shitheel personified.

biggytitbo

I like him being gratuitously rude to Herman van Rompuy
Nigel Farage harangues EU President Herman van Rompuy

I agree that UKIP are cunts though, their members are just middle class versions of BNP supporters.  I don't think Farage is though, he just hates the anti democracy gravy train of the EU.

Treguard of Dunshelm

Oi, watch it, my dad's a member of UKIP and has stood in general elections for them (which meant I had the pleasure of voting against my own father). He's certainly not a middle class version of a BNP supporter (although he's no left winger either), he just thinks the EU is horribly undemocratic. Which is hard to disagree with. Stereotyping people by their political allegiance is just as silly and wrongheaded as making assumptions about someone's character due to their religion, or their favourite colour.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Treguard of Dunshelm on February 26, 2010, 11:08:41 AM
Oi, watch it, my dad's a member of UKIP and has stood in general elections for them (which meant I had the pleasure of voting against my own father). He's certainly not a middle class version of a BNP supporter (although he's no left winger either), he just thinks the EU is horribly undemocratic. Which is hard to disagree with. Stereotyping people by their political allegiance is just as silly and wrongheaded as making assumptions about someone's character due to their religion, or their favourite colour.

You're dads one of the good ones then like Farage. You can't deny that UKIP attracts a lot of small minded cunts though can you?

Treguard of Dunshelm

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 26, 2010, 11:25:41 AM
You're dads one of the good ones then like Farage. You can't deny that UKIP attracts a lot of small minded cunts though can you?

Name me one party that doesn't.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Treguard of Dunshelm on February 26, 2010, 11:39:37 AM
Name me one party that doesn't.
You're absolutely right! It comes with the territory. Labour probably has the most fantasists, debt junkies and those addicted to the public sector, but I reckon UKIP has more than the average amount of small minded xenophobes.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: Treguard of Dunshelm on February 26, 2010, 11:39:37 AMName me one party that doesn't.

urgh, Last time I heard that response it was followed up with the assertion that the BNP were better as at least they didn't hide it.

Treguard of Dunshelm

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on February 26, 2010, 12:05:40 PM
urgh, Last time I heard that response it was followed up with the assertion that the BNP were better as at least they didn't hide it.

Which is as silly as saying melanoma is better than indigestion, because you can see it.

Friendly_Milk

I fancy Hans Landa but comfort myself that he isn't actually real.  I only fancy fake nasties - more the charismatic interesting actors who play them.

In contrast, Eli Roth makes me boke.  He looks creepy, can't act for blueberries and has a remarkably girly voice for such a hairy man.

Shaun

Quote from: Treguard of Dunshelm on February 26, 2010, 11:08:41 AMStereotyping people by their political allegiance is just as silly and wrongheaded as making assumptions about someone's character due to their religion, or their favourite colour.

Indeed! Some BNP members are very nice and thoughtful people!!!

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: Treguard of Dunshelm on February 26, 2010, 11:08:41 AM
Stereotyping people by their political allegiance is just as silly and wrongheaded as making assumptions about someone's character due to their religion, or their favourite colour.

Well I've never met a person I liked whose favourite colour is yellow!

biggytitbo

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on February 26, 2010, 12:54:11 PM
Well I've never met a person I liked whose favourite colour is yellow!
My favourite colour is yellow. Like a beautiful sunset, a field of rape swaying in the breeze or an old mans fingers.

Treguard of Dunshelm

Quote from: Shaun on February 26, 2010, 12:49:12 PM
Indeed! Some BNP members are very nice and thoughtful people!!!

Yes, actually - one of the reasons the BNP's succeeding in gaining supporters is because their shtick is "We're not racists, we're just concerned about the scale of immigration." Which is bollocks - of course the party higher-ups are racists - but people fall for it. I've met BNP supporters who were not racist, they just believe what they read in certain papers. It certainly doesn't help to stereotype all BNP members as EVIL NAZIS - one of the many reasons I left the SWP and Love Music Hate Racism was because they can't see that much of the BNP's support comes from ordinary people who just feel frightened and helpless.

Shaun

Quote from: Treguard of Dunshelm on February 26, 2010, 01:14:47 PM
Yes, actually - one of the reasons the BNP's succeeding in gaining supporters is because their shtick is "We're not racists, we're just concerned about the scale of immigration." Which is bollocks - of course the party higher-ups are racists - but people fall for it. I've met BNP supporters who were not racist, they just believe what they read in certain papers. It certainly doesn't help to stereotype all BNP members as EVIL NAZIS - one of the many reasons I left the SWP and Love Music Hate Racism was because they can't see that much of the BNP's support comes from ordinary people who just feel frightened and helpless.

So you'd describe those who get their opinions straight out of a tabloid paper as thoughtful people then?

Treguard of Dunshelm

Quote from: Shaun on February 26, 2010, 01:36:06 PM
So you'd describe those who get their opinions straight out of a tabloid paper as thoughtful people then?

Well, they're often full of thought about it, they just haven't dug any deeper regarding the actual facts of the matter.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Treguard of Dunshelm on February 26, 2010, 01:14:47 PM
I've made more or less that argument before - I'm not a fan of the way certain intelligent and educated middle class people sneer down from their high horses at some of the people who think about voting BNP - who as you say are not so much racist as just very disadvantaged, misinformed and uneducated. I'm not sure the UKIP membership have that excuse do they?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

If someone believes racist things papers say then that would make them racist, unfortunately.

Most of the people I know who vote or say they agree with the BNP are at the very least strongly xenophobic and have had little to no true interaction with anyone outside of white people who also similarly have had little to no true interaction with anyone outside of white people.

This is coming from racism/ignorance in a backwater of the north of England- perhaps things are different in Essex or whatever.

Treguard of Dunshelm

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 26, 2010, 01:39:52 PM
I've made more or less that argument before - I'm not a fan of the way certain intelligent and educated middle class people sneer down from their high horses at some of the people who think about voting BNP - who as you say are not so much racist as just very disadvantaged, misinformed and uneducated. I'm not sure the UKIP membership have that excuse do they?

It's very tempting to sneer at them! I'm guilty of it from time to time myself.

Apart from ol' padre, I've met very few UKIP supporters, but I'm pretty sure the caricature of them as middle class is just as wide of the mark as "all BNP supporters come from council estates". I could be wrong about that though. The ones I have met didn't have much in common with the BNP besides thinking that immigration control is too lax, so it's a false equivalence really. Of course, the people I've met may be wildly atypical of UKIP supporters as a whole.

Treguard of Dunshelm

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 26, 2010, 01:43:08 PM
If someone believes racist things papers say then that would make them racist, unfortunately.

I'm not talking about people who believe, for example "Asians are inferior", or "people must reject their culture and totally adopt a prescribed 'British' way of life". I mean more "immigrants are taking our jobs". I don't think that's a racist point of view - it's not implying a race or culture is inferior to another.

Most BNP supporters are as you describe - my original point was that you can't pigeonhole every single BNP supporter in this way. The fact that most BNP are racists doesn't mean they all are.

Lyndon

Nah, it's not really about the EU being undemocratic, is it.* We all know deep down, UKIP are just cunts.

* Not gonna put a question mark there cos I know I'm right.

chand

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 26, 2010, 08:10:59 AM
I like him being gratuitously rude to Herman van Rompuy

The Belgians have responded with this: http://www.idontwanttoberude.com/ (NWS for big swearing)