Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,327
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:26:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I can't find chicken satay anywhere!

Started by Fry, February 26, 2010, 11:36:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fry

I've been to 4 supermarkets, but none of them have any chicken satay! Where has it gone!?

I might have to check waitrose!

buttgammon

Did they seriously not have it in Sainsburys? I'm assuming that must be one of the four supermarkets, but they sell it in my local Sainsburys.

Demand to speak to the management and tell them visiting their store is like being in a failed state, as even the Welsh get a better selection of food than you do.

Neville Chamberlain

It'll be in the last supermarket you look in!

Chinese supermarkets seem to have imported jars of satay sauce. It'll be at least as good as you get in Sainsbury's.

Neville Chamberlain

Yes, Chinese supermarkets are pretty good for Chinese food!

Blumf

The chicken satay was always within you, you just need to open your heart and listen.

Neville Chamberlain

I think you should wait till Satayday to buy it!!!!!!

Treguard of Dunshelm

It's all been relocated to the rings of Satayn!

Neville Chamberlain

I found a load in the back of my Volkswagen PasSAT(ay)

biggytitbo

Satay, satay, satay, satay, s-s-s-satay-satay, satay, satay
Take or leave us only please believe us
We are never gonna be respectable (respectable)
Like us, hate us, but you'll never change us
We are never gonna be respectable (respectable, respectable, respectable, respectable)

falafel

Why don't you just make a Thai curry and put two tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter in it?

23 Daves

I can make a mean Chicken Satay at home.

Just use - about six teaspoonfuls of Crunchy Value Peanut Butter, four of Teriyaki Sauce, six tapwater, two teaspoonfuls of garlic, stir all that together...

then fry some chopped chicken, and right towards the end of the frying process, mix it all in and fry for a futher 4-5 minutes. Hey presto.

You can even add a bit of chilli to the mix if you want, but that's up to you.  Seriously, the above takes no time at all and it really does taste good.

Fry

Sounds ace dude!

(none in Sainsbury's, Tescos, M&S, Iceland or Waitrose!)

23 Daves

You might want to change the measurements a bit to taste, and also obviously up them depending on how many people you're serving.  But it's hard to go far wrong with this, it's a really simple (and very lazy) recipe.