Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:24:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

1980-90 and 2000-2010

Started by biggytitbo, February 27, 2010, 08:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Santa's Boyfriend on February 28, 2010, 03:32:29 PM
Avatar is impressive in many ways, but the one place it still falls down is in the subtleties of CGI facial expressions - the hardest thing you can possibly do in CGI, because we're all so acutely aware of what a face should and shouldn't do.  I predict that in 10 years we'll look at it again and think the facial animation is shit.

Or, we'll still be in the "Uncanny Valley", the theory that as representations of humans get more and more accurate, there is suddenly a point at which humans' interest in them turns to repulsion. (Thanks, 30 Rock)

Tracy: Tell it to me in Star Wars.
Frank: All right. We like R2D2 and C3PO.
Tracy: They're nice.
Frank: And up here, we have a real person like Han Solo.
Tracy: He acts like he doesn't care, but he does!
Frank: But down here we have a CGI Storm Trooper or Tom Hanks in the Polar Express.
Tracy: I'm scared! Get me out of there!

Guy

Referencing Star Wars hasn't fucked anywhere in a decade, proof of a stagnant ten years right there.

El Unicornio, mang

Young people have gotten a lot rubbisher

Quote from: Guy on February 28, 2010, 06:34:24 PM
Referencing Star Wars hasn't fucked anywhere in a decade, proof of a stagnant ten years right there.

Being sneery about it seems to have taken off, though. Progress.

Ginyard

Guy

Quote from: Miss Anne Thrope on February 28, 2010, 07:38:30 PMBeing sneery about it seems to have taken off, though. Progress.

Oh no I've sneered at Star Wars! However will Star Wars cope?