Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:38:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

List of active Boswegos

Started by Cuellar, February 17, 2024, 12:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

Looking to update my records re active Boswegos. So far I've got:

Gloylot
Lionel
Humbolt
Porknell
Chauntcey
Arthur Pipkin

Unconfirmed:

Captain???
Lt Col G (Gloylot?)

Thanks

badaids

Do you mean Group Captain T'Chaka Boswego DFC?

Cuellar

Could be - all info on Cpt Boswego comes from the folk song O Captain Boswego, as performed by @pancreas

Cuellar

Forgot Susan, mother of Porknell

PlanktonSideburns

popcorn

Humbolt retired in 2022, said he was "done with the scene"

and really none has earned retirement more than Humbolt

Cuellar

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Lumbago Boswego (President of the Botswana Boswego branch)

Steve Boswego (currently resides in Luton, England. Maybe part of an elite Boswego sleeper cell unit. Suggest careful monitoring and surveillance)

Joey Boswell (aka Jontus Boswego) Approach with caution. Subject may become flight risk if true Boswego status is revealed.

Russ L

Always-Chewing Ken was the greatest of all Boswegos and we're all the worse for his tragic passing.

popcorn

Quote from: Russ L on February 17, 2024, 02:46:20 PMAlways-Chewing Ken was the greatest of all Boswegos and we're all the worse for his tragic passing.

was sad to hear of course but IMO he was always more of someone who wanted to be seen as a Boswego rather than someone who contributed much

sorry if this offends

Russ L

Quote from: popcorn on February 17, 2024, 03:01:57 PMwas sad to hear of course but IMO he was always more of someone who wanted to be seen as a Boswego rather than someone who contributed much

sorry if this offends

Oh here we go.  The Occasional-Chewing Barry lobby and their usual semi-digested arguments.

popcorn

Quote from: Russ L on February 17, 2024, 03:05:31 PMOh here we go.  The Occasional-Chewing Barry lobby and their usual semi-digested arguments.

I feel the tone of my post was respectful but surprise surprise Ken's minions immediately make things ugly. if you want to get into the real talk fine, buckle up.

If you look at Ken's output over the last 15-20 years it's pretty obvious it is just hype. nothing lasting. Even the stuff in Brazil Ken basically only did because Humbolt was there to babysit (and even that was before the heyday of the Porknell / Chauntcey / Porknell's mum dream team which makes everything Ken did pale in comparison)

The always-chewing thing was a gimmick nothing more nothing less.

badaids

To give him his full birth name and title: The Right Honourable Russ Abbott, 5th Viscount Boswego.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

You know a large number of Boswego escaped to South America after the second world war? There's entire towns in rural Brazil of Boswego descendants, where Boswego customs and food are celebrated. The Brazilians even have a name for these descendants. They call them "Boswego".

Fambo Number Mive

I always enjoy reading Carol Boswego's blog.

Russ L

Quote from: popcorn on February 17, 2024, 06:27:58 PMI feel the tone of my post was respectful but surprise surprise Ken's minions immediately make things ugly. if you want to get into the real talk fine, buckle up.

If you look at Ken's output over the last 15-20 years it's pretty obvious it is just hype. nothing lasting. Even the stuff in Brazil Ken basically only did because Humbolt was there to babysit (and even that was before the heyday of the Porknell / Chauntcey / Porknell's mum dream team which makes everything Ken did pale in comparison)

The always-chewing thing was a gimmick nothing more nothing less.

Disgusting.  Simply disgusting.

You use the phrase "baby" "sit"  given what we know of Ken's death?

I hope you're proud of yourself.

Ferris

Quote from: popcorn on February 17, 2024, 03:01:57 PMwas sad to hear of course but IMO he was always more of someone who wanted to be seen as a Boswego rather than someone who contributed much

sorry if this offends

fuck you

popcorn

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Someone care to tell me what the FRIG is going on here? You can't just put Boswego into a fancy capsule and put it on a shelf.

shoulders

Shaxberd

I was going to say Gabbitas Boswego, but on checking Wikipedia I see that he was caught and compromised to a permanent end by Navy SEALs in late 2022.

I believe however that Catsmeat Boswego is still active and was recently spotted in an unpopular nightclub in Johannesburg.

popcorn

Quote from: Shaxberd on February 17, 2024, 11:21:07 PMI was going to say Gabbitas Boswego, but on checking Wikipedia I see that he was caught and compromised to a permanent end by Navy SEALs in late 2022.

that's the cover story. he went rogue... fell off the system. apparently he lost his memory

Ferris

Nolly "Prinz" Boswego also still at large. Rumoured to be lying low in Croydon.

Divock Boswego - went into abeyance towards the back end of last year but planning to become active again 'when the clocks go forward'.

Gladys Boswego - has failed to pay dues to any of the recognised guilds for some time now, but rumoured to be operating under an assumed name on the Cartmel Peninsula.

Ferris

A lot is said about the so-called "underground" Boswego scene but frankly it sounds like a tabloid moral panic.

"Oooh Big Billy Boswego is rumoured to be operating on the backyard scene" personally I reckon it's complete bollocks. I'll believe it when I see it.

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on February 17, 2024, 10:15:23 PM

Someone care to tell me what the FRIG is going on here? You can't just put Boswego into a fancy capsule and put it on a shelf.

Boswellic acid + egg shell membrane + astaxanthin?

This has got Hector R Boswego written all over it, I'm afraid. Better note him down as 'active (potentially delinquent)'.

Glebe

Minotaur Boswegos (there's more than one).

Shaxberd

Quote from: Glebe on February 18, 2024, 09:51:03 PMMinotaur Boswegos (there's more than one).

Not to be confused with the Miniature Boswego - only one of him but he certainly gets about. Doesn't help that he also lives in a labyrinth.

pancreas

Sorry to be a grammar Nazi, but seeing as this is important—whole planet bummed to death, dogshits and pterodactyls etc etc—the correct plural is Bosweghi.

pancreas

Also, you forgot Harriet Boswego.