Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:08:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ban on saying "You bet your sweet ass, amigo!"

Started by popcorn, October 12, 2022, 12:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

popcorn

It seems nowadays that every single post on CaB contains the phrase "You bet your sweet ass, amigo!" or variations.

Well, enough is enough. This phrase is now banned.

Glebe

Ferris

Replies From View

Cuellar

Is this a rule I can get behind? You bet your sweet ass, amigo!

Replies From View

asses are artificially sweetened in 2022.  sad

dontpaintyourteeth

this is exactly what ben elton's wife was talking about

Replies From View

She said "cheer up then, it might never happen"

and he retorted "it already has!!"

haha, "already has".  absolute legend

Replies From View

hey ben elton that's a jasper carrott routine you were cribbing there

and ben elton's giving it all two fingers up, saying he can do what he likes because jasper carrott "was not the sexiest one in the detectives"

Glebe

This new law will make Liz Truss extremely unpopular, surely?!

popcorn

Quote from: Glebe on October 12, 2022, 02:21:03 AMAw no. That's my fave CaB saying!

You are the worst offender of all, "amigo".

Maybe try getting an actual personality instead of relying on saying "You bet your sweet ass, amigo!" all the time.

Glebe

Quote from: popcorn on October 12, 2022, 12:40:12 PMYou are the worst offender of all, "amigo".

Maybe try getting an actual personality instead of relying on saying "You bet your sweet ass, amigo!" all the time.

A crate of Glebe Beer is winging it's way to you!*

*Containing a special ingredient called SHEEP POISON.

selectivememory

I'm not sure I can imagine CaB without that phrase (or variations of it) being used in literally every post. It's just inconceivable to me. You bet your sweet ass it is, amigo!

Edit: you see, I tried not to use it there and I used it anyway. It's actually impossible not to use it. It's just one of those quintessentially CaB things.

popcorn

Quote from: selectivememory on October 12, 2022, 12:56:16 PMI'm not sure I can imagine CaB without that phrase (or variations of it) being used in literally every post. It's just inconceivable to me. You bet your sweet ass it is, amigo!

Edit: you see, I tried not to use it there and I used it anyway. It's actually impossible not to use it. It's just one of those quintessentially CaB things.

Look I'm not denying it's going to take some getting used to. But it's the only way to move on.