Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:35:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

John Lydon

Started by LordMorgan, March 08, 2024, 08:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordMorgan

Some really horrible comments regarding immigration, from an immigrant himself who lives in California
Scapegoating pish , but here's a quote...

"It's created a real, real animosity in communities. The division... when you import so many people with a completely different point of view, they're not going to adapt to yours. They're going to stay and bring the problems they're allegedly escaping from with them."

Just really sad and disappointing

I know he went all trump and brexit , But his interview with Andrew Marr was horrible
Marr asked what's the difference between when your family immigrated

"The first thing my mum and dad ever would tell me when I was very young was, 'You're British now! Be British, and be proud of it, Most excellent advice, and I've followed through."

"and by followed through I mean taken a shit with my clothes on"

Listened to a great interview with Jah Wobble on the Word In Your Ear podcast last month, he could not have been sounder. What a contrast

Kankurette

Oh yeah, he's been a right-wing cunt for years, fully on the anti-woke bandwagon. Another punk turned establishment, though how establishment the Sex Pistols were was a whole nother argument.

dontpaintyourteeth

Weird how he disappeared after Flowers of Romance and never said or did anything publicly ever again isn't it la la la

Mr Banlon

"The first thing my mum and dad ever would tell me when I was very young was, 'You're British now! Be British, and be proud of it, Most excellent advice, and I've followed through."

Irish passport holder who lives in the US

Butchers Blind

Old punks never die they just become reactionary cunts.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Butchers Blind on March 08, 2024, 08:56:39 PMOld punks never die they just become reactionary cunts.
I'd like to think Joe Strummer would have dodged this bullet, but you never know how him growing old in the online world could have turned his brain into mush.

Blue Jam

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on March 08, 2024, 08:39:39 PMWeird how he disappeared after Flowers of Romance and never said or did anything publicly ever again isn't it la la la

He did a solo album called Psycho's Path which I mainly remember because that has to be one of the worst album titles ever.

He also got pecked by emus on I'm A Celebrity, though tbf that's still the only series of that show I ever watched.

His first two memoirs are good. Not read that more recent one because it was prohibitively expensive but perhaps that's for the best. Bit depressing that someone who wrote a book called "No Irish No Blacks No Dogs" could express anti-immigration sentiment innit?

Pink Gregory

I'll never watch Megabugs again

Blue Jam

I used to have a Megabugs postcard on my fridge! One of those lenticular ones. Whenever you changed the angle (by opening the fridge) you'd see John Lydon's bug-eyed face morphing into that of a preying mantis. No idea where I got it or where I lost it.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 08, 2024, 09:11:31 PMI used to have a Megabugs postcard on my fridge! One of those lenticular ones. Whenever you changed the angle (by opening the fridge) you'd see John Lydon's bug-eyed face morphing into that of a preying mantis. No idea where I got it or where I lost it.

it was the cover of the DVD set (that I inexplicably own)

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on March 08, 2024, 08:39:39 PMWeird how he disappeared after Flowers of Romance and never said or did anything publicly ever again isn't it la la la

and what an incredible EP it was

Glebe

Well fuck that. Turned into another Moz.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Pink Gregory on March 08, 2024, 09:11:57 PMit was the cover of the DVD set (that I inexplicably own)

Thanks for that info. I remember watching (and enjoying) the entire series but not on DVD, I must have torrented it. No idea where the postcard could have come from but it was ace.

Chicory

Could be wrong, could be far right.

Beagle 2

Has John Lydon said something outrageous has he

LordMorgan

Don't think it's outrageous
Just depressing reactionary shite

jobotic

What's it got to do with him?

Captain Z

I'm never buying Country Life butter again.

DrumsAndWires

modern lydon has turned into everything that young lydon would've hated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qyTc63fZG8

Brundle-Fly

This notion that John Lydon was ever considered as this leftwing anti-establishment figure has always baffled me. He's always been a contrarian. And plays the 'Rotten' character.

I do think he's in a bad place now though after losing his wife and 'Rambo', but that's not really an excuse to peddle this latest bollocks.

Memorex MP3

Someone whose whole personality was to be a contrarian arsehole and got a lot of success from it was always gonna be played into being reactionary cunt.

I'll certainly never listen to Poptones, best track on possibly the greatest album ever made, again.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: xxxx xxx x xxx on March 09, 2024, 12:52:45 AMI'll certainly never listen to Poptones, best track on possibly the greatest album ever made, again.

(with the greatest respect), that's a bit daft.

TheAssassin

TheAssassin

Quote from: Glebe on March 08, 2024, 09:14:23 PMWell fuck that. Turned into another Moz.

Must be an Irish thing.

Noodle Lizard

Oof, didn't know his mate Rambo had died as well. Rough year.

All this stuff pre-dates all that, of course, I think I started a thread of my own about it a couple of years back. I can understand a "punk"/contrarian justification for supporting Trump in 2016, but becoming a regular on Piers Morgan to complain about the wokes and go on about how great the Queen is? Jesus, boy.

Juan K Perros

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on March 09, 2024, 01:39:17 AM(with the greatest respect), that's a bit daft.
What, my choice of favourite track or sledgehammer sarcasm?