Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:44:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shooting #24601

Started by bgmnts, May 15, 2022, 10:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesTC

I love how some of the suggestions treat the shooter like he is one of the wet bandits.

shoulders

shoulders

Quote from: Blumf on May 26, 2022, 06:26:31 PMOnly way to stop a bad Formula 1 boss with a gun is a good Formula 1 boss with a gun

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/61596393
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seecamp

...or a customs check.

Edit - right thread! Assumed this would be in Motorsport.

Tbf I can totally believe he doesn't pack his own luggage and an unfortunate (probably tall, leggy blonde) PA has been sacked.

Butchers Blind

Have they tried making the guns voice activated? Every time you pick it up it shouts 'SMALL PENIS!' at you.

rjd2

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on May 26, 2022, 03:43:23 PMThe cop in this video admits that at least one cop went into the school early to try to get their own kid out.

https://twitter.com/MikePrysner/status/1529829172876414976

I know some will say "what would you have done" and who knows maybe I would have been a massive pussy also, but these guys are very well paid and ultimately if they are going to hide outside the one time a shooter is on the rampage what is the point of them?

I think they stayed outside for an hour waiting for support when the killer was on the rampage?

Cowards.

shoulders

Guns don't not shoot people, people paid to protect people don't shoot people.

(Not saying I'd have done differently)

Blumf

Quote from: shoulders on May 26, 2022, 07:38:30 PMEdit - right thread! Assumed this would be in Motorsport.

Yeah, kind of a coin toss on where to drop it.

QuoteTbf I can totally believe he doesn't pack his own luggage and an unfortunate (probably tall, leggy blonde) PA has been sacked.

And, being a billionaire in Brazil, he probably has reason to carry.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-36938252

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 26, 2022, 03:54:55 PMHonestly, I'm not sure what a non-useless response looks like in this case. Shooting from afar and not even injuring the shooter seems like a bad option on the assumption that maybe that just prompts them to shoot all the kids straight away. Storming the classroom, but maybe they're armoured enough that you can't incapacitate them quickly but they manage to quickly take out a few kids before they get overpowered. Maybe piping in some sort of gas? I don't know if there's a way to guarantee zero dead kids.
I'm not sure of the exact chain of events, but one of the (many, conflicting) reports I read is that the police confronted him before he went in but either didn't shoot him or didn't hit him.

steve98

Nah, that's /\ not true, the police now say that didn't happen. They now say he just walked in unapposed.

idunnosomename

just clear up an error I made up thread, the authorities that killed the perp was actually the border force rather than a SWAT team. so yeah, not really their job.

the perp was 18, he's spent his whole life getting active shooter drills. therefore he knew to lock the door behind him and just massacre one classroom.

The narrative this time is all on "evil" and how guns aren't at fault. I'd say evil wasn't a real thing if it wasn't for cunts like Ted Cruz

druss

If you banned schools then there would never be another school shooting.

Makes you think.

superthunderstingcar

Quote from: druss on May 26, 2022, 09:45:19 PMIf you banned schools then there would never be another school shooting.

Makes you think.
More likely than the banning of guns in the USA.

cosmic-hearse

Quote from: druss on May 26, 2022, 09:45:19 PMIf you banned schools then there would never be another school shooting.

Makes you think.

Not going to link to it, but right wing website The Federalist has already suggested home schooling as a solution to school massacres.

BritishHobo

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 26, 2022, 09:35:48 PMThe narrative this time is all on "evil" and how guns aren't at fault. I'd say evil wasn't a real thing if it wasn't for cunts like Ted Cruz

Ted Cruz really is one of those people who are so viscerally repellant that they feel like a Stephen King villain; a religious fundamentalist who is driven deep down by some unspeakable supernatural evil. He instils so much hatred and contempt in me just looking at his fucking face.

idunnosomename

I think with these cunts they genuinely don't really give a shit about the bible or Jesus or anything. those things are just a tool for them to use in their own fanatical narcissistic white supremacy

touchingcloth

The husband of one of the murdered teachers has died of a heart attack.

18. For fuck's sake. The tragedy is that it's easy to see how in a culture like America's - massive, massive income inequality, guns handed out to kids like sweets, fuck all public health care in general let alone mental health care in particular - this sort of thing is going to keep happening. It's so sad that you don't need a particularly wild imagination to imagine how kids end up doing this. Fucking 18.

touchingcloth

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 26, 2022, 10:20:20 PMI think with these cunts they genuinely don't really give a shit about the bible or Jesus or anything. those things are just a tool for them to use in their own fanatical narcissistic white supremacy

Is even the white supremacy sincere? Like in that Steve Kerr video, the desire to stay in power seems to be the overriding reason these fucks keep vetoing any meaningful change. Blow the dog whistles, filibuster anything that might actually help anyone. Repeat.

And repeat.

How does this even end? Civil war? What's the democratic way out?

idunnosomename

imagine not being able to buy a bud light but you can buy an AR-15 and commit mass-murder that draws international condemnation (a lot of state leaders have recognised this tragedy, it is BIG)

idunnosomename

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 26, 2022, 10:27:49 PMIs even the white supremacy sincere? Like in that Steve Kerr video, the desire to stay in power seems to be the overriding reason these fucks keep vetoing any meaningful change. Blow the dog whistles, filibuster anything that might actually help anyone. Repeat.

And repeat.

How does this even end? Civil war? What's the democratic way out?
The supremacy is I think. he genuinely thinks hes born to rule and he gets that from the narrative of the constitution of the 13 colonies and his ancestry.

America really needs a regime change tbh. not this democrat "VOTE." bullshit

touchingcloth

I like to imagine that AR-15 stands for Assault Rifle, 15, like WD40 or Heinz 57.

What is an assault rifle, for that matter? A machine gun? For that matter, what is a machine gun? Are they the hold-the-trigger-down-and-mow-down-a-bunch-of-people things as opposed to the shoot one rhino at a time ones?

touchingcloth

In some ways I don't want to know. I've read the Wikipedia article but it's full of hyperlinked jargon I don't understand and I don't particularly want to go down a rabbit hole of looking at murder kit.

Just tell me, are they the boom, boom, boom things, or the rat-a-tat-a-tat ones?

Saving Private Ryan, or "say hello to my little friend"?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

They both can be fully automatic. A machine gun, however, is very heavy, and is usually fired on a tripod, or one handed if you're John Rambo. An assault rifle is lightweight, like the M16's you see in Vietnam films.

JamesTC

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 26, 2022, 10:24:07 PM18. For fuck's sake. The tragedy is that it's easy to see how in a culture like America's - massive, massive income inequality, guns handed out to kids like sweets, fuck all public health care in general let alone mental health care in particular - this sort of thing is going to keep happening. It's so sad that you don't need a particularly wild imagination to imagine how kids end up doing this. Fucking 18.

Ban sweets.

Blumf

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 26, 2022, 10:43:40 PMI like to imagine that AR-15 stands for Assault Rifle, 15, like WD40 or Heinz 57.

The AR stands for ArmaLite, the company that developed the rifle, which later went on to be the US Military's M-16 assault rifle.

QuoteWhat is an assault rifle, for that matter? A machine gun? For that matter, what is a machine gun? Are they the hold-the-trigger-down-and-mow-down-a-bunch-of-people things as opposed to the shoot one rhino at a time ones?

Basically...

Machine gun = A gun that fires rifle cartridges rapidly (fully automatic)
Assault Rifle = A rifle that can fire both single shots (semi-auto) and fully automatic (and maybe also bursts of 2-3 rounds). Basically a military weapon.
Assault Weapon = A vague term that tries to conflate a normal, single shot rifle, with a fully automatic assault rifle. It's exact meaning can differ depending on who's using it (there's a similar thing happening here with 'zombie' knives, as if being stabbed by a machete is better)

Basically, most the AR-15s sold to ordinary citizens are just semi-automatic (single shot). It's next to impossible to buy a proper assault rifle new (or a new machine gun for that matter), requiring lots of very expensive paperwork and wait times.

You can modify an AR-15 in various ways to fire fully-auto. It's tricky to do that reliably, but the internet is there and you know how it goes. But even in plain semi-auto form, it's a nasty proposition in these situations. Fully-automatic is of more use in battlefield situations where you want suppressing fire, rather than actively targeting people, so it's not really an issue in an enclosed space.

Crazy that you can buy one before you can buy a beer.

touchingcloth

Yeah, mad that civilians can by "Vietnam guns" at all. For self defence, of course. And napalm as barbecue lighters.

JamesTC

Cold Meat Platter

presented without comment