Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:58:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Trevor Bastard Extended Universe

Started by canadagoose, May 26, 2022, 03:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadagoose

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on May 27, 2022, 12:50:02 AMYou can usually tell by them all following each other.
Yeah, going through the following list of someone like 2012Studies would help you find a good few of them.

Thursday

Quote from: chip on May 26, 2022, 05:38:59 PMThis all seems very obtuse to someone who has no interest in football or UK politics (and who thinks Centrism sounds sensible). Guess I should probably just pass on this one.

Is this one of them???

chip

Quote from: Thursday on May 27, 2022, 01:00:42 AMIs this one of them???

Me? Well by my own standards, yeah; I dread to think what the CaBhive would make of it. How come?

canadagoose

imitationleather

I only dip in and out cos I don't go on Twitter that much (honest!) but it all seems pretty funny and good to me, Clive.

bushwick

Definitely one of the things that kept me on twitter for ages. Someone I know got taken in by one of their posts and retweeted it, I fuckin cringed and had to ruin the gag and tell him. Zands and Hedges were probably my favourites. There's one called Timeline Tony I think who posts relentlessly, about Fax Friday and eggs and stuff. Big grinny gammon moon face as avatar. He got too much for me. It's like a card collecting game or something - you keep coming across new characters to follow as you get deeper into the lore.

Timeline Tony is the absolute best. Utter surreal madness that a handful of brands and celebs have been good sports with.

Sebastian Cobb

Oh yeah I forgot about Timeline Tony, he even gave me a custom 'good vibes' emblem when I liked one of his tweets. Good EGG.

canadagoose

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 27, 2022, 05:08:13 PMOh yeah I forgot about Timeline Tony, he even gave me a custom 'good vibes' emblem when I liked one of his tweets. Good EGG.

He did me one too. It was my avatar on there for a while.

Sebastian Cobb

That's really nice! I liked mine but found the colouring a bit gaudy.

lazyhour

Craig Ovens is the only one I follow but I bloody love him.

iamcoop

Churnwell and Craig Ovens are the best for my money. Even though Hedges is part of the universe I believe he's written (operated?) by a different person so for some reason I always count him as a separate thing.

I interact with them a fair bit and most of them follow me which is pretty funny given I don't do much on Twitter and only have about 60 followers.

Churnwell sometimes does a radio show thing on Twitter live which has been quite good the few times I've listened. The theme tune is great as well

#poundedatthepumps
#railedatthestation

king_tubby

Quote from: iamcoop on May 27, 2022, 08:10:50 PMChurnwell and Craig Ovens are the best for my money. Even though Hedges is part of the universe I believe he's written (operated?) by a different person so for some reason I always count him as a separate thing.

There are, as far as I can work out, at least three people behind the various accounts.

Cold Meat Platter

king_tubby

I don't really count Women4Wes etc as TBEU given the various accounts from them are a lot more harsh/unpleasant than the others.

stonkers

Quote from: iamcoop on May 27, 2022, 08:10:50 PM

The YouTube channel seems like an overlooked corner of the TBEU, very few views and there's some great stuff on there. I'm a big fan of the proposed Keir Starmer anime theme.

canadagoose

Quote from: stonkers on May 27, 2022, 10:04:15 PMThe YouTube channel seems like an overlooked corner of the TBEU, very few views and there's some great stuff on there. I'm a big fan of the proposed Keir Starmer anime theme.

Normal Sensible Man is brilliant. I'd completely forgotten about it.

king_tubby

Quote from: stonkers on May 27, 2022, 10:04:15 PMThe YouTube channel seems like an overlooked corner of the TBEU, very few views and there's some great stuff on there. I'm a big fan of the proposed Keir Starmer anime theme.

How the fuck have I not seen this before? Amazing.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: king_tubby on May 27, 2022, 09:33:00 PMI don't really count Women4Wes etc as TBEU given the various accounts from them are a lot more harsh/unpleasant than the others.

I'm not 100% confident on this but I think Women4Wes might be ran by that Dr Fuck guy who kept getting himself banned for tweeting hand-drawn pictures of a certain lord molesting dogs directly to that lord.

They are pretty harsh/unpleasant but sometimes they do come up with gold, this is very puerile but I found it hilarious:
[NSFW] https://twitter.com/Women4Wes/status/1502011124245487623

idunnosomename

i love how Women4Wes pushes the boundaries like that. surely they also ran the David Amess foundation account too?

and tbh Chris Bryant deserves all the skewering he gets, posturing as a sensible when he's a complete fucking cunt

Sebastian Cobb

I think that was them as well. I'm surprised Women4Wes has had such a long innings tbh.

king_tubby

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 27, 2022, 10:52:40 PMI'm not 100% confident on this but I think Women4Wes might be ran by that Dr Fuck guy who kept getting himself banned for tweeting hand-drawn pictures of a certain lord molesting dogs directly to that lord.

They are pretty harsh/unpleasant but sometimes they do come up with gold, this is very puerile but I found it hilarious:
[NSFW] https://twitter.com/Women4Wes/status/1502011124245487623

Ah, you may be on to something there, but then he also he quit Twitter after some inappropriate DMs (though again there is some debate about that).

king_tubby

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 27, 2022, 11:02:09 PMi love how Women4Wes pushes the boundaries like that. surely they also ran the David Amess foundation account too?

QueersforKier and TrilatarelKeith and others too.

lauraxsynthesis

Oooh fabulous to see a TBEU thread. My fave stuff has been about Oliver Oxford-Laughdugry and his wife. I hadn't figured out for myself that Laughdugry is pronounced 'Law degree'. I think I heard someone say it that way on the Reel Politik podcast.

I sorta know Trevor Bastard. He was at my wedding because my husband was friends with his missus. Good to see he's doing stand up at last. I missed them the other week because when they lived in London they had a great Eurovision party every year. In their front room over the fireplace was a big picture of Peter Cook as the priest in The Princess Bride.

Sebastian Cobb

What I don't get is how the accounts are divvied up, I doubt they're all run by separate individuals but they can't be ran by a single puppet-master either can they?

lauraxsynthesis

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 27, 2022, 11:34:43 PMWhat I don't get is how the accounts are divvied up, I doubt they're all run by separate individuals but they can't be ran by a single puppet-master either can they?

My understanding is that TB runs some including Simon Hedges and the football stuff and some other folks run some of the others.

idunnosomename

Simon Hedges writes for print magazine Red Pepper. Balances out all of the loony lefty stuff with his incomparable sense.

https://www.redpepper.org.uk/simon-hedges-winning-here/

king_tubby

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on May 28, 2022, 10:44:14 AMMy understanding is that TB runs some including Simon Hedges and the football stuff and some other folks run some of the others.

No, Hedges is someone else, see the Vice article I linked to.