Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:19:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Obi Wan Kenobi - May The 25th Be With You

Started by Malcy, March 09, 2022, 08:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

Trailer released today

Sounding a bit Scottish these days.

Dex Sawash

Is the bald  baddie a new character or Vader?

Blinder Data

Quote from: Dex Sawash on March 11, 2022, 11:31:31 AMIs the bald  baddie a new character or Vader?

According to Wiki it's Vader, played by Hayden Christensen!

Dex Sawash

You won't  believe what this 90s actor looks like now.

Wonder if the lady one is meant to  be Ventress, should probably look up some SW clickbait sites

Quote from: Blinder Data on March 11, 2022, 11:39:50 AMAccording to Wiki it's Vader, played by Hayden Christensen!

No it's not, it's the Grand Inquisitor off Star Wars Rebels.

bgmnts

Realised I never even bothered to watch the Boba Fett one in the end.

How could I stop caring about Star Wars :(

Thomas

dead baby yoda crawling across the ceiling

Glebe

Quote from: Malcy on March 09, 2022, 08:18:50 PMSounding a bit Scottish these days.

I recall McGregor talking about working on sounding more like Alec Guinness before Revenge of the Sith went into the production. Now he's just not arsed if that little audio clip is anything to go by!

Meanwhile, here's Hayden Christensen suited up as Vader again:

popcorn

Incredible! He really looks like Darth Vader.

letsgobrian

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on March 11, 2022, 12:59:36 PMNo it's not, it's the Grand Inquisitor off Star Wars Rebels.

These Inquisitor folks were all over that Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order video game too. Given that they went out their way to model some characters to look like their actors in that, I fear there'll be some tiresome crossover with that too.

Possibly, possibly not. The Inquisitors are now established as the de facto Jedi hunters in the early days of the Empire, so it makes sense that they'd be after Obi Wan and the main antagonists of the series.

OOOOH, I WONDER IF WE'LL GET SARAH MICHELLE GELLAR???????

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on March 11, 2022, 02:28:28 PMOOOOH, I WONDER IF WE'LL GET SARAH MICHELLE GELLAR???????

Buffy the Empire Slayer?

idunnosomename

Yeah hairy old bloke living in a cave in the desert watching a little boy grow up great stuff

I think they should get James Earl Jones or a soundalike to do the Vader voice in the scenes where he wears the helmet.

Glebe

John Williams doing the score is a bit of a 'TV Star Wars' coup.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: curiousoranges on March 11, 2022, 08:21:06 PMI think they should get James Earl Jones or a soundalike to do the Vader voice in the scenes where he wears the helmet.
I think it would have to be an impersonator. Jones was sounding rather frail in Rogue One.

beanheadmcginty

Find it impossible to take any character seriously that has the words "wank" and "nob" hidden in his name.

Bad Ambassador

Dex Sawash

Has anyone else started edging yet?

Spoiler alert
I forgot to get up early to watch it
[close]

edit- check out this old thread dunce

Glebe

Enjoyed those first two episodes. Didn't think Leia would be involved and it was nice to see Jimmy Smits pop up again.

The Inquistor is like Robert Blake in Lost Highway doing Palpatine!

Had no idea Flea had been cast in this, that was quite a surprise. Oddly enough, the Chilli Peppers' 'Californication' contains the line 'And Alderaan's not far away...' And here's a Chilli Pepper actually on Alderaan!

Custard

That opening montage actually made the prequel trilogy look good

Only on the first episode, but I'm glad MacGregor and Hayden Blokey are getting another shot at the roles

mjwilson

Quote from: Custard on May 28, 2022, 11:04:07 PMThat opening montage actually made the prequel trilogy look good

Except for the shitty fx shots at the end of Revenge where baby Luke is being handed over

Glebe

There's been no word on whether or not James Earl Jones will return to voice Vader or if they'll do some voice synthesis thingy.

Meanwhile Liam Neeson has expressed an interest in returning as Qui-Gon Jinn but wants to do it on the big screen, although it's just been announced that he will be voicing Qui-Gon in the forthcoming animated Tales of the Jedi series.

mjwilson

Quote from: Glebe on May 29, 2022, 04:34:37 AMThere's been no word on whether or not James Earl Jones will return to voice Vader or if they'll do some voice synthesis thingy.

Meanwhile Liam Neeson has expressed an interest in returning as Qui-Gon Jinn but wants to do it on the big screen, although it's just been announced that he will be voicing Qui-Gon in the forthcoming animated Tales of the Jedi series.

Huh, I was really expecting him to show up in Obi-Wan, in some form or other.

Custard

Neeson probably isn't being being offered as much work as before his absolutely dire comments about black people, so I can't see him turning down that sweet Disney dollar for a brief cameo in Obi Wan

Virgo76

Deleted

Replies From View

Hopefully this will go into some proper depth about why he is called Ken.