Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:33:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: shoulders on July 02, 2022, 12:16:39 AMWho in your opinion is included in THE LEFT?

All the people on Starmer and Evans' banning list?  And the ones they already done, obvs.

shoulders

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteWe are, today, issuing formal proceedings against the Met Police for their apparent continued failure to properly investigate Boris Johnson's attendance at three lockdown gatherings, in November and December 2020 and January 2021, and their refusal to answer our legitimate questions about how they reached this decision.

The public have a right to know what really went on inside the Partygate investigation. The Met's actions have raised grave concerns about the deferential way in which they are policing those in power. It stands in stark contrast to how ordinary people were policed during lockdown.

It was only after we threatened to sue the Met in January 2022 that they agreed to investigate at all and the Prime Minister was eventually fined for attending a lockdown gathering in June 2020.

We've given the Met multiple opportunities to explain why he was reportedly not sent questionnaires regarding these three other gatherings, nor issued with fixed penalty notices for attending them, when a number of civil servants and officials who did received both...

https://goodlawproject.org/news/new-legal-action-truth-partygate/

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteBoris Johnson used a government private jet to fly home from a weekend with his family in Cornwall, prompting questions about use of taxpayer-funded resources.

The prime minister was in Cornwall and Devon on the weekend before the Tiverton and Honiton byelection, in which his party lost to the Liberal Democrats.

He made a surprise visit to the Royal Cornwall Show on the Friday morning and then was photographed by holidaymakers with his family on the beach at St Ives over that weekend, as well as making a party political visit to Tiverton at some point to campaign in the byelection.

Johnson also made a trip to Hayle, near St Ives, on the Monday morning where he visited a factory and helped pack broccoli.

Records show that a government plane left London to fly to Royal Naval Air Station Culdrose, a helicopter base near the tip of Cornwall, not far from St Ives, early on the Monday morning. The use of the government plane was first reported by the Sunday Mirror.

The ministerial code states: "Ministers must ensure that they always make efficient and cost-effective travel arrangements. Official transport should not normally be used for travel arrangements arising from party or private business, except where this is justified on security grounds."

Family are allowed to accompany ministers if it is "clearly in the public interest", the code says...

If Johnson had taken the train from St Ives to Westminster he could have given a boost to the struggling British rail industry. Instead he shows his distaste for spending any time among the public and his lack of care for climate change.

He may also have broken the ministerial code again, so I suspect he will be doing some further rewrites.

QuoteA No 10 spokesperson said: "All travel decisions are made with consideration for security and time restraints. The PM is accompanied on government business by a delegation of staff, which is taken into consideration as part of ensuring taxpayer value for money. This was the sole reason for the plane being used to transport the PM and his staff back from this particular visit."

Fairly sure booking seats for his delegation on a train would have been cheaper than using a private jet. I get that they might have wanted to talk private business at some point but I'm sure it could have waited for six hours. If Johnson had got the train from St Ives just after 8, he would have been in Westminster by early afternoon.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 03, 2022, 04:32:48 PMFairly sure booking seats for his delegation on a train would have been cheaper than using a private jet

Yeah but each staff has seven aides, and each aide has seven secretaries

Buelligan

Quote from: Norton Canes on July 03, 2022, 05:12:41 PMYeah but each staff has seven aides, and each aide has seven secretaries

A Prime Minister with seven "wives" but how many children?  That is the mystery, how many children, in St Ives and everywhere else.

Jittlebags

He also get to have a mile high blow job in the private plane, as opposed to one in a bog full of bangers and mash on the train.

Alberon

With the storm over the hiring of Chris Pincher only getting worse what does Johnson do?

Have yet another phone call with the Ukranian president.

That's all he has left.

Nominations for the 1922 Committee open this week. At least two MPs are going to run with the platform of adding a rule that if over 25% of the parliamentary party write letters for a vote of confidence this will overide the rule that after winning a challenge the party leader is safe for another year.

Fambo Number Mive

Even for them, the defences that the minister and some Tory MPs are using are laughable:

Quote...Ellis responds by saying that the PM has a "myriad array of urgent pressing responsibilities" and may be told "literally hundreds of things in one day"...

Quote...Michael Ellis says Lucas is wishing to "play party politics" and that the Greens should win a general election before trying to change the prime minister and standards for public life...

Quote...Veteran Conservative MP Peter Bone says many members of the opposition benches turn up to the Commons to "bash Boris".

He asks if normal constituents are bothered by "an MP they've never heard of" or if they are more bothered by "the biggest tax reduction in decades" due tomorrow when the national insurance threshold is raised by £3,000.

"When it comes to policies, they don't raise the issues," Michael Ellis replies, saying that opposition parties deal in personal attacks...

"How dare they come here and criticise the Prime Minister? Why don't they raise what we say are the issues?"

Butchers Blind

Zero Gravitas

Oh, he forgot!

Can't really expect a tory PM to keep all of the perverts straight1, fair enough we'll try again.

1. I'm above that one.

JamesTC

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 05, 2022, 01:24:24 PMHe asks if normal constituents are bothered by "an MP they've never heard of" or if they are more bothered by "the biggest tax reduction in decades" due tomorrow when the national insurance threshold is raised by £3,000.

Reducing the tax they raised three months ago.

jobotic

One thing about all this that is funny is that my idiotic MP Kelly Tolhurst will have to deal with the fall out as she's been promoted to Pincher's previous position.

Psybro

It's funny that they're still appealing to focus on the issues when they've exhausted the big ones of Brexit and vaccines, and are not only seemingly powerless in the face of the new economic ones, but proudly admit as much to prove their ideological credentials.

Blinder Data

Twitter seems to suggest that this is the day most Tory MPs have had enough. Don't get too excited but there's a chance by the end of next week, they will have voted no confidence in him.

The new 1922 committee executive is elected on Wednesday 13 July. If the committee immediately meets and agrees to allow another leadership contest, and they have received enough 'no confidence' letters, the contest is triggered before MPs pack up for summer holidays. He'll lose it this time.

If that doesn't happen, we have to wait until parliament reopens in the autumn, and maybe even for the results of the priviliges committee report. Either way he is gone by the end of the year.

It's so close, I can almost taste it...!

Quote from: Blinder Data on July 05, 2022, 05:26:23 PMIt's so close, I can almost taste it...!

That's what Williamson reckons Carrie said when he walked in on them.

Replies From View

If Boris Johnson is booted will the Tories still have shit smeared on them?  Or will they miraculously resemble a fresh-from-the-oven quiche all ready for delicious fidget spinning.

I hope Johnson's successor has a disorder where they can't stop carrying an ironing board.

Paul Calf

They'll probably get a new-leader bounce but as whoever that is will be equally powerless to solve the problems that are really harming people, they'll either be a John Major or a Viktor Orban.

Might help Keith limp to the next election, and even take a weak coalition with people who hate him and/or have an interest in seeing him fail hard and fast.

Sebastian Cobb

Javid GONE:
QuoteI have spoken to the Prime Minister to tender my resignation as Secretary of State for Health & Social Care.

It has been an enormous privilege to serve in this role, but I regret that I can no longer continue in good conscience.

https://twitter.com/sajidjavid/status/1544366218789937152

shoulders

Only to return in about 18 months no doubt.

Fuck his callous disregard for human life and everything he stands for as well. Self-aggrandising tosser.

Buelligan

Quote from: Blinder Data on July 05, 2022, 05:26:23 PMTwitter seems to suggest that this is the day most Tory MPs have had enough. Don't get too excited but there's a chance by the end of next week, they will have voted no confidence in him.

The new 1922 committee executive is elected on Wednesday 13 July. If the committee immediately meets and agrees to allow another leadership contest, and they have received enough 'no confidence' letters, the contest is triggered before MPs pack up for summer holidays. He'll lose it this time.

If that doesn't happen, we have to wait until parliament reopens in the autumn, and maybe even for the results of the priviliges committee report. Either way he is gone by the end of the year.

It's so close, I can almost taste it...!

It doesn't really excite me because I can't think of anyone that might take over from him or anyone with even the smallest chance of leading the Labour Party  of whom one can confidently say, they're honest and they'll do a good job for the country.  Every single one either incompetent or thoroughly dishonest and most of them, both.

JamesTC

Don't let those traitors get you down Bozza. Just come up with some more of that classic material, like that 69 thing.

shoulders