Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:00:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Yer rare/valuable games

Started by Pink Gregory, May 26, 2022, 04:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonny_Jim

Yeah collectors like the display units, for a lot of people it was their first exposure to this hot new gaming console they'd read about in the magazines.  The king of them all in my opinion is the Nintendo M82 demo unit, which has the nice feature of being able to switch between 12 different games.

Mr_Simnock

I used to collect mega drive games form Japan about 15-20 years ago. The price of these were high then for some games and they have only got more expensive, I'm not sure about the market for these particular games about to drop out, they will only get more rare with time. I managed to pick up the following in my, about, 120 game collection.

Panorama Cotton, Contra the Hard Corp, Tom and Jerry, Captain Lang, McDonald's Treasure Island and Sailor Moon.

They are kept in a box under a house where light, moisture and dust can't get at them. I only ever bought from Japanese or German sellers because mint games from them meant mint, not UK mint which was always just not that battered.

aunt mildred

Gutted my N64 carts are worth nothing, 'built to last' I'll say to my children and grandchildren. They'll say 'bury them with the cunt and let's see who lasts longest because they're worth fuck all'.

popcorn

Panzer Dragoon Saga, PAL Saturn. Going for about £700 for used copies on eBay at the moment. Blimey.

maett

I bought the Playstation One Spice Girls Spice World game back in 1998 purely because I though it might be worth money in the future. I guess I am now living in the future and it's time to check in on my investment.
Oooh paid a fiver it's now worth 10.

turnstyle

Much to my wife's chagrin, I've got stacks of old games fouling up the house.

Got a few bits that seem to be worth a few bob but nothing crazy. Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton, Ghost Trick and Time Hollow for the 3DS/DS have climbed up in value since I picked them up.

Also have some interesting PS1 games, like Koudelka, which I think goes for a decent amount.

I found a sealed copy of Portal 2 for PS3 in a chazza a while back, no idea if that's worth anything but I know the market is crazy for sealed games right now.

Also got the two Metroid GBA games (cart only) which I got from CEX for about £20 at one point. Also got a copy of Metal Gear Solid for Gameboy.

I did dig out my old C64 collection the other day and was surprised to see that some of that stuff goes for decent coin. I've got a big box copy of Last Ninja 3 which seems quite valuable?

I should probably off load all this stuff and live like a (poor) king for a bit before it all comes crashing down.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on May 28, 2022, 01:56:49 PMYeah collectors like the display units, for a lot of people it was their first exposure to this hot new gaming console they'd read about in the magazines.  The king of them all in my opinion is the Nintendo M82 demo unit, which has the nice feature of being able to switch between 12 different games.

Lovely stuff, there was one of those in our local Boots. It didn't take long for word to get around that if you reached round the back and turned the knob fully, you extended the allowed play time to infinite.

turnstyle

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on June 07, 2022, 09:01:01 AMIt didn't take long for word to get around that if you reached round the back and turned the knob fully, you extended the allowed play time to infinite.

I bet you did you dirty bollocks.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: turnstyle on June 07, 2022, 08:40:29 AMI did dig out my old C64 collection the other day and was surprised to see that some of that stuff goes for decent coin. I've got a big box copy of Last Ninja 3 which seems quite valuable?
If you have the old Elite with the novel, or Mercenary, and the going price isn't bonkers, I'd buy them off you to go with my Apple II version of "The Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy" (complete with peril-sensitive sunglasses and a microscopic space fleet).