Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:42:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris Morrisese

Started by brothercrow, November 06, 2023, 05:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brothercrow

Long time lurker, first time poster. I wrote about Chris Morris's language, or 'Morrisese', which I thought people here might fancy reading about. It's a tribute to the freebase Chris Morris (Jam) and the entry-level Chris Morris (the Peter Cook interviews) and to a friend who helped get me into him in the first place. If nothing else it's a good collection of quotes.

My best was always the description of escaped prisoners "making good with their legs across open ground". Though I must also confess an especial fondness for "make it come out green".

shoulders

Quote from: brothercrow on November 06, 2023, 05:05:04 PMLong time lurker, first time poster. I wrote about Chris Morris's language, or 'Morrisese', which I thought people here might fancy reading about. It's a tribute to the freebase Chris Morris (Jam) and the entry-level Chris Morris (the Peter Cook interviews) and to a friend who helped get me into him in the first place. If nothing else it's a good collection of quotes.

Thank you for sharing this. I enjoyed reading it.

Btw, isn't the mucus line "several arcs of reproductive mucus"?

KirstenSinema

Enjoyed the article on "Artless" by @brothercrow
Unfortunately the Richard Geefe blog (linked in the article) has gone!
Has anyone got a pdf of this?
I thought I would search C&B first but can't find a search box anywhere :(

Quote from: KirstenSinema on April 10, 2024, 02:56:24 PMUnfortunately the Richard Geefe blog (linked in the article) has gone!
It's archived by the Wayback Machine. Looks like it's probably all there but you could try earlier archived copies if any of the links don't work.

KirstenSinema

Thanks for that - much appreciated.
I always forget about the 'wayback' site as it doesn't come up in my searches :)

Senior Baiano

QuoteThis man, who I've known since we were 19, who saw me through my very worst years with Tears for Fears (keyboards in the `Seeds of Love' phase)

Forgot that it's canon that Geefe played with TFF