Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,797
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:37:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

020210us Th1ngs

Started by touchingcloth, January 06, 2021, 06:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This thread title...

...is a gobsmack conveyed
...decrees that your dad will ejaculate but once through his human male penis, and be gone
...cinderella's tits.  just her absolute fucking tits
I BET YOU DO DO-DO YOU DOODLE OLD DOOBEN I BET YOU DOOBY DO
...is renowned for rotisserying a robot grief dog within its own grave
wap wap Wap Wap WApWApWAPWWAPWAPWAPWAP
BATON DAVID
OTHER

kittens

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 30, 2021, 12:43:45 AM
I've been here for 8 years now, so the posters who were around at the time are mostly into their next decade compared to then. Kittens is probably a hundred now.

i'm 30 and it absolutely sucks

touchingcloth

touchingcloth

Camomile. Calamine. Different.

touchingcloth

The "ped" in "moped" is short for "pedal", so things like Lambrettas aren't mopeds.

famethrowa

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 30, 2021, 04:19:37 PM
in a crematorium the body doesn't get burnt as soon as it goes behind the curtain, and the bodies aren't necessarily cremated in between the service slots.

I think we all got our ideas about cremation from that James Bond movie (which did kind of look like he was headed for a campsite gas cooker, not the 900 degrees required to burn yo ass up). Does my head in that we have to buy a lovely coffin for 5 grand and then burn that as well, total waste of good wood. Throw me in a ditch like Mozart, I won't care.

touchingcloth

Quote from: famethrowa on May 01, 2021, 12:12:07 AM
I think we all got our ideas about cremation from that James Bond movie (which did kind of look like he was headed for a campsite gas cooker, not the 900 degrees required to burn yo ass up). Does my head in that we have to buy a lovely coffin for 5 grand and then burn that as well, total waste of good wood. Throw me in a ditch like Mozart, I won't care.

Salieri will. He'll be looking, laughing, and wanking as you go in that ditch.

dissolute ocelot

Always thought when you'd go to a funeral at a crematorium that when you came out, the deceased would be coming out the chimney. Disappointed.

idunnosomename

it is weird we burn the coffin because it means they have to use magnets to get all the nails and shit out of the human remains. imagine if you got your granny's ashes and it was full of screws.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 01, 2021, 08:35:22 PM
Campo Viejo Rioja is a great mediocre wine/daily driver. And I guess that's why the snobbery around it exists. Same with Lindemans.

The most I've spent on wine is about 30 quid, for the well-regarded Two Paddocks, owned by the NZ actor Sam Neill. It was nice but I already felt I was on diminishing returns.

I understand Pancreas wouldn't get out of bed for these sorts of wines though. Takes all strokes.

Sam Neill is a Kiwi, and has two Ls in his name. Having googled, he was also born in Omagh, and was 7 when he moved there from NZ.

Sebastian Cobb

I just woke up and went to get a glass of water. Looking at my watch I managed to convince myself it was 6pm and I'd slept in, despite feeling like I'd not slept much. I thought I'd need to get supplies soon before the shops shut and leapt in the shower.

It's only now I realise it is in fact 6am, I've not been robbed of 12 hours and I am in fact stupid rather than senile.

Ferris

There's a concept called the "R months" to refer to fall-spring (ie every season except summer) because every month from September to April has an R in it.

Maryland's crab season is referred to as "the R months", for example.

Norton Canes

May actually be more one for the "F**k my Hat!" thread, but; if you're reading a book on the mediaeval history of Venice and Google the usage and etymology of the word 'doge', be prepared for a lot of huskies.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 02, 2021, 11:46:31 AM
There's a concept called the "R months" to refer to fall-spring (ie every season except summer) because every month from September to April has an R in it.

Maryland's crab season is referred to as "the R months", for example.

Was pretty sure r month thing was oysters but it wouldn't bee the first time I was wrong in the odious things thread.

Cuellar

Is the film Synecdoche, New York a pun on the town Shenectady, New York?

I've not seen the film. Is it addressed in it?

kittens

Yes. that is where it is set apparently and at the start a girl says a poem about schenectady

Cuellar

Ferris

Quote from: Dex Sawash on May 02, 2021, 12:20:02 PM
Was pretty sure r month thing was oysters but it wouldn't bee the first time I was wrong in the odious things thread.

A quick google reveals you are correct! Probably crabs is the niche application of the rule - shellfish seems to be the general usage.

Still seems an interesting way to say "not summer" but I'm not a professional purveyor of crustaceans so wouldn't want to tell them their business.

popcorn

J F M A M J J A S O N D

Who is Jason ???

Replies From View

Quote from: touchingcloth on April 30, 2021, 12:43:45 AM
I've been here for 8 years now, so the posters who were around at the time are mostly into their next decade compared to then. Kittens is probably a hundred now.

Thomas is still only 14 though

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 02, 2021, 12:10:04 AM
Sam Neill is a Kiwi, and has two Ls in his name. Having googled, he was also born in Omagh, and was 7 when he moved there from NZ.

Yeah I was surprised to find he was a Kiwi too, I guess it's easy to assume he's a Brit given he seems to have played them a fair bit.

In fact the only film I've seen where he's actually playing and speaking as a Kiwi is Hunt for the Wilderpeople and between the accent and his massive beard you could barely tell it was him.

olliebean

Quote from: popcorn on May 02, 2021, 01:34:16 PM
J F M A M J J A S O N D

Who is Jason ???

I think they made a film about that.

Replies From View

Jeff Bridges and Jeff Daniels aren't the same man

Dex Sawash

Quote from: popcorn on May 02, 2021, 01:34:16 PM
J F M A M J J A S O N D

Who is Jason ???

Attila[nb]is it with 2 Ls or 2 Ts?[/nb] will show us a bust and provide an anecdote about emperor Jason

touchingcloth

If I wanted to, I could fit one of those garbage disposal things Americans have in their sinks. Fuck some waste right up.

Ferris

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 02, 2021, 09:03:11 PM
If I wanted to, I could fit one of those garbage disposal things Americans have in their sinks. Fuck some waste right up.

They're fucking terrifying aren't they? Only ever seen one in the flesh, fucking mental thing it was.

Replies From View

They are safer in the US though because there's a much smaller chance of an American getting their DEVASTATINGLY FAT HANDS anywhere close to the scary chopping mechanism.

Helvetica Scenario

Turns out it's Kristen Wiig, not Kirsten Wiig. it's Darren Brown all over again!

Helvetica Scenario

Also, having heard the Shaun the Sheep theme tune countless times and idly wondering who the cheeky cockney chap is who's singing it, it took me seeing the name of Vic Reeves in the credits to realise it was him. Just clearly singing it in his Vic Reeves voice, not cockney in the slightest.

I wouldn't mind but he's one of my favourite people in the world!

touchingcloth

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 02, 2021, 11:41:21 PM
They're fucking terrifying aren't they? Only ever seen one in the flesh, fucking mental thing it was.

I've never seen one in the flesh, but they do intrigue me. I've always assumed the blades are deeper than finger/nob depth so that would remove any temptation to stick things where I shouldn't be. I'd definitely be sending carrots and bananas and courgettes down. Annihilate a celery.

Quote from: Helvetica Scenario on May 03, 2021, 09:19:43 AM
Also, having heard the Shaun the Sheep theme tune countless times and idly wondering who the cheeky cockney chap is who's singing it, it took me seeing the name of Vic Reeves in the credits to realise it was him. Just clearly singing it in his Vic Reeves voice, not cockney in the slightest.

I wouldn't mind but he's one of my favourite people in the world!

I was going to do a funny here and say "did you know that his real name isn't actually Vic Reeves, it's <the real name of Bob Mortimer>", but having just looked it up an 020210u5 thing is that Mortimer's not a pseudonym.

Robert Renwick Mortimer is a fantastic name. It's like sutin from Dickens.

Sebastian Cobb

One of my schoolfriends had one in the UK, you couldn't get your hands near it.