Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,802
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:31:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Condo Fucks - Fuckbook (2009) (Yo La Tengo under a different name)

Started by Little Hoover, February 20, 2009, 11:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Little Hoover

An album from Condo Fucks who are apparently Yo La Tengo has leaked, and it's not bad. Garage rock would probably best describe its sound, although hopefully they've still got a proper release coming as well. (This is only about 30 minutes long) I can sort of see why they would want to separate it from the main discography, even though it might not have been that out of place on their earlier albums.

Don_Preston

On one of the few instances I listened to this site's radio, a brilliant 16 minute song was played, and although I don't remember what it was called, I was told it was either a YLT collaboration with someone, or an offshoot of the group. I know this is vague but could anyone with greater knowledge on the subject fill me in, please?

LadyDay

I'm looking forward to hearing this when I get home, thanks for the tip.

Marvin

Little Hoover

Don, that might be nuclear war version 3 (judging by it's track length, that's the closest I have to 16 minutes) if it had some big jazzy section that might be it. It's a cover of a sun ra track, and it's the nuclear war e.p, which 3 different takes on the song and a remix.

Listening to "What'cha Gonna Do About It" on youtube, this sounds a lot like the garage rock songs that were on "I am not afraid of you and I will beat your ass", which were very different sounding and differently produced to previous YLT albums. I think it's good but nothing that special and i really like the grungey early stuff so i don't mind them being noisy. This sounds a bit too much like it's underwater and through a megaphone.

Little Hoover

Nah the production on it is deliberatley trying to give it a lo-fi feel.