Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:34:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerzy Bondov

That exchange makes David O'Doherty look quite reasonable, and makes Graham look like a massive banana cunt

Ferris

Quote from: Mister Six on May 25, 2022, 03:51:54 PMHas Glinner been holding on to this Messenger exchange for years?

EDIT: Of course he has.

Yeah how fucking odd is that? My chats all delete after 30 days. It's so warped that you can take private messages between yourself and a friend/public figure from years ago (wherein you come across as unhinged) and think "yeah, I'll post these, this is definitely a good idea".

How blinded by vindictive grievance can you be? How many of these grudges is he holding on to? It's not healthy.

For the record, David O'Doherty comes across as a principled bloke who took his stand while offering empathy for those affected by glin's behaviour (including his family). He also didn't publicize declining work due to his morals (which gets him bonus "Decent Bloke" points for me Clive). Seemed a laugh when I met him in a bar in Edinburgh many years ago and he was happy to chat for a bit about comedy/the weather. Nice chap, glad he's not bananas.

Ex_GC

Even when someone is reasonable and far more polite than he deserves he still can't resist telling them to go fuck themselves. That's how intemperate he is. Can only imagine what it was like for anyone who tried to pull him aside and have a friendly word about his obsession spiralling out of control

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Ferris on May 25, 2022, 04:26:22 PMFor the record, David O'Doherty comes across as a principled bloke who took his stand while offering empathy for those affected by glin's behaviour (including his family). He also didn't publicize declining work due to his morals which gets him bonus "Decent Bloke" points for me Clive. He was also good fun when I met him in a bar in Edinburgh many years ago and was happy to chat for a bit about comedy. Nice chap, glad he's not bananas.

Yeah, and the exchange he had with BC there shows exactly why he was right in his instincts to decline in the first place.

Cold Meat Platter

He really has been desperately unlucky for virtually every single person he has considered a friend or colleague or peer to have turned out to be a misogynistic bullying homophobic bastard. Extremely bad luck.

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 25, 2022, 04:30:41 PMYeah, and the exchange he had with BC there shows exactly why he was right in his instincts to decline in the first place.

Imagine agreeing to the work, then offering some constructive criticism to improve the script.

I'm assuming it would be taken reasonably, with grace and good humour.

mtpromises

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 25, 2022, 03:54:27 PMGuys, this is big

Am I reading the SGB right?

The CV posted looks like she has a PhD in Psychology and did some studies to be a doctor of medicine but there is no degree mentioned in that field.

I'm her Twitter bio, it says Doctor of Public Health, which is not an MD.

Looks like Nutty and their publisher BC got it wrong again.

Ex_GC

I still can't get over the events that led him to sharing the David O Doherty private message screenshots- David O Doherty tweeting a James Acaster clip. That's it

Mister Six

Do you reckon it revived a lost neuron deep within the banana-mulch that is Glinner's brain, and he became infuriated all over again, or has he been holding onto that convo for years, waiting for an excuse?

Ex_GC

I think the latter. He thinks private conversations are ammo that will shame people into coming around to his way of thinking (e.g yes you're right Greybum). Too deluded to realise he's shooting himself in the foot

Sebastian Cobb

The funny thing is anyone who can still be bothered speaking to him is probably aware that he's petty enough to keep this sort of thing in his dossier meaning they're more likely to be as civil as David was leading to more posted screenshots of a reasonable response followed by a massive tantrum from Graham.

Ex_GC

He's waiting for a blue tick to tell him to go fuck himself so he can screenshot and share. It's amazing that others possess this thing called self control, something he has zero awareness of

You know what the worst thing is? I doubt a single former colleague/ friend would derive any pleasure from seeing him decline so much. David O Doherty said he and his family have been hurt, for instance. It can't be easy seeing someone you presumably once liked decline and tank their whole life. They're civil to him because they have empathy and yet he still acts wronged and tells them to go fuck themselves

Quote from: mtpromises on May 25, 2022, 04:35:46 PMAm I reading the SGB right?

The CV posted looks like she has a PhD in Psychology and did some studies to be a doctor of medicine but there is no degree mentioned in that field.

I'm her Twitter bio, it says Doctor of Public Health, which is not an MD.

Looks like Nutty and their publisher BC got it wrong again.

Looking through the quals on one of the screengrabs, there seems to be medical and non medical doctorates awarded in different countries. Might be why the job is Nurse Practitioner if there is qualification mismatch and this is a lower than GP position - those jobs that they farm out to nurses to undercut pay to help upskill the workforce.

The bigger issue in his screenshots are that he's complaining that NHS England have ignored a complaint that is fuck all to do with them as though there's a cover up. It's a bit like writing to Walmart in the US that your Bernard Matthews turkey dinosaurs from Asda aren't as good as you remember. Or to Elon Musk about a company he doesn't own.

Dr Rock

Glinner, you realise you can have a sock, but that blue tick and follower count is never coming back.

JamesTC

Still thinks Eeyore is going to buy Twitter and give him his account back. Understandable that he may have missed the news, after all he isn't on Twitter.

Ex_GC

Was just thinking, even if there are non banana friends (unlikely) that still care and are concerned surely him sharing screenshots of private messages would be off putting. He is basically showing he can't be trusted

Pimhole

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on May 25, 2022, 02:03:42 PMJust watching that latest BananaBunker video where he says this:
QuoteI'm actually going to ask them for the amount of money they were going to pay me to step away, to allow them to do the musical.  So, we'll see what happens
Isn't that what they were asking in the first place?  Or is he just trying to get a lump sum + royalties?

It's confusing, and the only thing that makes sense is that he reckons he's going to SUE them for £200k. He didn't explicitly say that but that's because he's an incoherent banana.

Twit 2

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 25, 2022, 11:21:16 AMCan't remember if this has been posted here

He's determined to advertise where he lives to everyone, isn't he?

idunnosomename

Quote from: Twit 2 on May 25, 2022, 08:30:56 PMHe's determined to advertise where he lives to everyone, isn't he?
last time I was in Norwich I had a pint outside just to the left of that

phantom_power

If they weren't so batshit insane they would see that Gervais is not on their side. He is not a true believer. He is just a lazy hack comedian saying whatever will get him headlines as a free speech comedy warrior. He even says at the end of the special he is pro trans, as if that makes a difference to what he said in those jokes