Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:24:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Meal Replacements

Started by QDRPHNC, May 24, 2022, 06:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Has there ever been an advert for Huel starring Peter Baynham?

New gorgeous.

MojoJojo

I eat nothing but baby food. If it's good enough for Robocop it's good enough for me.

Cold Meat Platter

It's not a meal replacement, it's a shit meal.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 24, 2022, 09:18:31 PMI won't be happy until they make a food that you can shelf up your bot-bot.

Don't come crying to me when you're shitting out of your mouth.

Martin Van Buren Stan

I think it's just best to eat one or two meals per day. I've spent months eating one meal + small snack per day and it's worked really well for me. Dunno where the 3 meal a day thing even came from

Just Butterfield one meal a day (I'd suggest for breakfast) but make sure it's a hearty one.

PlanktonSideburns

Nothing against instant food, as long as it's not designed by a silicone valley startup

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on May 25, 2022, 08:08:37 AMJust Butterfield one meal a day (I'd suggest for breakfast) but make sure it's a hearty one.

I wonder how far you can scale this up? Maybe a skip full of mince every sunday or something?

Replies From View

What does replacing a meal entail?  Does the meal need to exist before it can be replaced?  I worry that it will lead to substantial wastage if it ever catches on.

gilbertharding

What are those JanePlan things I've seen on telly. The adverts aren't clear whether they're meals or meal replacements, as they only show pictures of actors on stools telling you about it, while gesturing meaningfully.

Sebastian Cobb

She looks like she might be looking at a picture of a stool there.

danwho9

I prefer Lynnplan and Carolplan personally, definitely better than the other meal plans named after women born in the 60s.

mippy

When I was on keto,and MrM wasn't doing it as well, I lived off two protein bars and a cup of melted cheese every day because it was the only way a restrictive diet would work with my inherent laziness. It was alright for three months.

Replies From View

Quote from: gilbertharding on May 26, 2022, 04:00:54 PM

It looks like she's still trying to come up with it.

"Hello, I'm Jane.  Hold on one moment."

Sebastian Cobb

I was just eating some Tuc Cheese Sandwich biscuits there and thinking how they're a bit like a savoury Custard Cream, and thinking of that thread a while back about biscuits where we discussed how you can get budget packs of biscuits all in the same mould but with different flavours (custard, orange, bourbon-like etc) maybe Jacobs could branch out and make a variety of fillings for Tuc's that represent a balanced diet?

Lost Oliver

I have both Huel AND Athletic Greens. New routine is to have AG one day and then eat whatever the balls I like for dinner or have the Huel one day (when I'm doing strenuous exercise) and then whatever the balls I like for dinner. I've been duped. Just took all the marketing at face value and thought it was good for me. Not so much the Huel more the AG stuff.

Memorex MP3

Most people I know who have Huel have it as a backup for when they don't have time to prep a meal for work. I've never known anyone who used it as a full on permanent replacement for food and from what I've gathered they fairly deliberately used that bullshit to trick newspapers into giving them tons of free advertising with "I lived on Huel for a week" articles by sending them loads of free Huel with with that stuff all over the packaging and marketing material.

It's absolutely overpriced for what's in it (it's like £2 a portion now?), but the alternatives can be either having to piss away a tenner on a breakfast because you didn't have time to make one before work, getting something crappier that will still cost more than the Huel or going without entirely.

I have it super rarely these days but any time there is an occasion where it makes sense to have (needing something very very quickly that will carry me through to the next meal, more substantial than a bowl of cornflakes and unlikely to upset my stomach) I'm super glad I had it quickly on hand.

Replies From View

Imagine, right, if you bit into a jammy dodger and it had duck liver pâté in it

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Replies From View on May 27, 2022, 04:59:37 PMImagine, right, if you bit into a jammy dodger and it had duck liver pâté in it

you dirty bastard

Replies From View

What is so sporty about Ritter Sport?

Sebastian Cobb

Dunno but that cornflake chocolate they do is reem.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Memorex MP3 on May 27, 2022, 09:05:11 AMIt's absolutely overpriced for what's in it (it's like £2 a portion now?), but the alternatives can be either having to piss away a tenner on a breakfast because you didn't have time to make one before work, getting something crappier that will still cost more than the Huel or going without entirely.
It's almost as if our lifestyles are incompatible with basic human needs and capitalism's only solution is to sell us more fucking garbage.

bgmnts

I'm confused and surprised that people here are actually consuming these kinds of products.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on May 30, 2022, 09:52:03 PMIt's almost as if our lifestyles are incompatible with basic human needs and capitalism's only solution is to sell us more fucking garbage.

I was watching some shite on youtube the other day and the in-video sponsorship was for an isotonic energy drink aimed at gamers. I did think at least something like Huel comes with the pretence of being too busy.

Replies From View

Quote from: bgmnts on May 30, 2022, 09:54:10 PMI'm confused and surprised that people here are actually consuming these kinds of products.

You can have a normal dinner after guzzling delicious slimfast milkshakes for breakfast and lunch.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 30, 2022, 09:57:11 PMI was watching some shite on youtube the other day and the in-video sponsorship was for an isotonic energy drink aimed at gamers. I did think at least something like Huel comes with the pretence of being too busy.

Is caffeine still fetishised by nerds? I remember when I was at university all of the sites aimed at gamers we're plastered with articles about amazing super mega hyper caffeinated drinks for keeping you awake during all night LAN parties, and anything you ordered online from a computer parts place would have some free Pro Plus tablets or whatever.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Replies From View on May 30, 2022, 10:05:42 PMYou can have a normal dinner after guzzling delicious slimfast milkshakes for breakfast and lunch.

Posing for a photograph showing how baggy their hats are after the obligatory CaB baldening sets in.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: touchingcloth on May 30, 2022, 10:12:09 PMIs caffeine still fetishised by nerds? I remember when I was at university all of the sites aimed at gamers we're plastered with articles about amazing super mega hyper caffeinated drinks for keeping you awake during all night LAN parties, and anything you ordered online from a computer parts place would have some free Pro Plus tablets or whatever.

Same ballpark, although I have no idea tbh, I don't actually know much about 'hardcore gaming' it was actually a movie review I was watching.

Mortimer

Been using the Huel ready-to-drink stuff for a while, not to live on full time as they claim you can but as a breakfast or lunch substitute when time is pressing.

They do the job I guess. But, oh my, the farts. Best restricted to when working from home.

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: Replies From View on May 30, 2022, 09:20:39 PMWhat is so sporty about Ritter Sport?

It was designed to fit in a sportsman's tracksuit pocket, which is why it is square.