Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:50:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Meal Replacements

Started by QDRPHNC, May 24, 2022, 06:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Guys you have to try to take onboard what I am saying. 

50 cashews spread across two hands and that's if you even still have both hands.

PlanktonSideburns

idunnosomename

A shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch, and a proper dinner.

Now all my trousers fall down!

Dex Sawash

I had 2 eggs with a bit of parmesan wrapped up in a tortilla with some arugula instead of a meal this morning

#lifehack

touchingcloth

The Who are doing a collab with Huel, and releasing tie-in singles like Whuel's Next, Won't Eat Food Again, and Baba Food O'Reilly.

Crenners

I have toast, smoked salmon, yoghurt and a banana for breakfast, Huel Vanilla for lunch and a good dinner. Lost three stone in three months. I vouch.

Replies From View

Replies From View

If Huel was an animal, it would be a wrongly-coloured Henry vacuum "cleanser" with tits gouged into it

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Replies From View on June 03, 2022, 07:22:03 PMIf Huel was an animal, it would be a wrongly-coloured Henry vacuum "cleanser" with tits gouged into it
"If Huel was an animal, I would want to have sex with it" implies forum favourite Replies From View

Replies From View

>:-(

INXORREX

I WOULD NEED TO HAVE SEEN ALL OF ITS ARSES FIRST

AND THEN I WOULD INSTANTLY IF ITS ARSES WERE ALL THERE BUT NOT if NOT

touchingcloth

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on June 03, 2022, 07:57:14 PM"If Huel was an animal, I would want to have sex with it" implies forum favourite Replies From View

It's not an animal, but if you get the powder to water ratio just right you can still fuck it.

Replies From View

Quote from: touchingcloth on June 04, 2022, 10:56:58 AMIt's not an animal, but if you get the powder to water ratio just right you can still fuck it.

Ah yes:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-Newtonian_fluid

I think 'knobs going in' is covered in the first year of secondary school nowadays (kids call it 'year 7').

touchingcloth

Quote from: Replies From View on June 04, 2022, 10:59:06 AMAh yes:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-Newtonian_fluid

I think 'knobs going in' is covered in the first year of secondary school nowadays (kids call it 'year 7').

If I wanted a non-Newtonian fluid I'd fuck the custard. I'm talking about the very specific properties of correctly-mixed Huel.

Replies From View

Quote from: touchingcloth on June 04, 2022, 11:01:41 AMIf I wanted a non-Newtonian fluid I'd fuck the custard. I'm talking about the very specific properties of correctly-mixed Huel.

fantastic, looking forward to hearing all the details, as promised

Sherringford Hovis

"Huel howitzer" may catch on among rugby lad gym bro types as yet another knob euphemism?

idunnosomename

Famous Mortimer

They're probably missing a trick not marketing it that way

touchingcloth

Menu

Quote from: Crenners on June 03, 2022, 06:36:49 PMI have toast, smoked salmon, yoghurt and a banana for breakfast, Huel Vanilla for lunch and a good dinner. Lost three stone in three months. I vouch.

Every day? If I had that every day I'd PUT ON weight. I have to do the 5:2 diet in order to tread water.

imitationleather

If you really want to lose weight you can't go wrong with just doing loads of speed all day.

Probably not a good idea at our age though, right?

imitationleather

I got a mate who whenever I see him always has this massive bag which looks like around the size of a bag of flour but it's speed.

I dunno what that must be doing to him physically and mentally but he seems happy.

Menu

Quote from: imitationleather on June 05, 2022, 01:47:22 AMIf you really want to lose weight you can't go wrong with just doing loads of speed all day.

Probably not a good idea at our age though, right?

I'm seven years old.

imitationleather

Crenners

Quote from: Menu on June 05, 2022, 01:19:32 AMEvery day? If I had that every day I'd PUT ON weight. I have to do the 5:2 diet in order to tread water.

Yeah, works out at around 1400-1500 calories. I typically walk around 12k steps a day, give or take a few thousand. If I'm hungry, I eat an apple or pistachios. Nothing excessive, but consistent.

touchingcloth

Replies From View

Quote from: Crenners on June 05, 2022, 06:09:14 AMYeah, works out at around 1400-1500 calories.

They call these the late Middle Ages of calorie consumption.

idunnosomename

Getting in a round of Huel at 'Spoons

touchingcloth

I've started eating Huel-replacement meals this month. It's going pretty well so far, I stood on the scales this morning and found that I've already lost my sense of abject desolation.

touchingcloth

Crenners

One thing that I've learned over the last few months is that if I have a nutritious, tasty, varied meal for breakfast (may include smoked salmon, charcuterie, yoghurt, apple, wholemeal toast, dates, apricot, banana, mango) and something more plain, balanced and filling for lunch (Huel most often or just some fish, nuts and fruit, occasionally a salad), I don't have any spikes or crashes of energy throughout the day and I don't crave anything or feel tempted to buy snacks or anything sugary. I also don't find myself getting impatient or annoyed very often. I generally just feel good.

I'm hungry by dinner time but I always really enjoy cooking and eating whatever I want. It's something I look forward to rather than a functional or habitual choice. I've probably eaten a different dish every evening for the last couple of months. I've rediscovered a love of exploration and ambition in cooking, no matter what else is happening. It's great to break out of the tried and tested Tuesday evening one-pot filler or our 'old favourites'. On that basis, Huel works well for me during the working week but if other people eat their meals differently and they're happy, good on them.