Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:41:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Meal Replacements

Started by QDRPHNC, May 24, 2022, 06:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

After all, who doesn't love a bit of melted chocolate after a run?

Replies From View

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on May 30, 2022, 11:56:56 PMIt was designed to fit in a sportsman's tracksuit pocket, which is why it is square.

How stupid.  Are roof tiles sporty, then?  If they are square, I mean.

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: Replies From View on May 31, 2022, 12:07:13 AMHow stupid.  Are roof tiles sporty, then?  If they are square, I mean.

If they are on the roof of a gymnasium, yes.

Replies From View

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on May 31, 2022, 12:11:26 AMIf they are on the roof of a gymnasium, yes.

Well what if they are somewhere else?  They have tiles on the roofs of garden centres too now.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Mortimer on May 30, 2022, 11:11:47 PMBeen using the Huel ready-to-drink stuff for a while, not to live on full time as they claim you can but as a breakfast or lunch substitute when time is pressing.

They do the job I guess. But, oh my, the farts. Best restricted to when working from home.
Check out this dunce's username

Don't the Germans call beer "liquid bread"? There's no way I could have eaten five bread rolls last night but I managed five cans of Holsten no problem.

I'm a bit peckish this morning so might have a couple of cans of "toast".

MojoJojo

Quote from: Memorex MP3 on May 27, 2022, 09:05:11 AMIt's absolutely overpriced for what's in it (it's like £2 a portion now?), but the alternatives can be either having to piss away a tenner on a breakfast because you didn't have time to make one before work, getting something crappier that will still cost more than the Huel or going without entirely.

I'd suggest a pot of instant porridge as a cheaper alternative.

I dunno, what's the difference between a meal and a meal replacement? It's a weird rejection of the food obsession of culture, while simultaneously being part of it. Nigella Lawson* should do a series where every meal is Huel.

I've noticed in Facebook ad's Huel now has lots of flavours, mimicking Futurama's "now with flavor" joke.

*insert more up to date celeb chef hete

Replies From View

Desirous of Huel but cannot "stomach" the £2 asking price?  Simply imagine that you are buying an innocent smoothie on offer.  Hey presto what a bargain

HUEL:  ITS PRICE IS FOR STOMACHING

AVAILABLE NOW IN ALL GOOD HOLBARD AND BARRANTS

Memorex MP3

Quote from: MojoJojo on May 31, 2022, 11:33:48 AMI'd suggest a pot of instant porridge as a cheaper alternative.
I used to do this (ie eat a massive bowl if I didn't have the time for something else), cheaper for sure but drastically less convenient or versatile and definitely not as easy to process (rather than not feeling hungry I would feel like I had a massive lump of porridge in me, probably more to do with less flexibility over how to split out the portions than anything else)

I'd say a lot of people pay the £2 purely to avoid various work bullshit around their lunch.
Like, I remember one guy used to get his lunch in tesco cos it was cheaper but every lunch the pret/food-truck crew would start asking him about his tesco lunch. It wasn't mean spirited or anything but ultimately just showed the amount of pressure to conform.
I think the real thing a lot of people that have Huel for lunch are opting out of is the misery of going to lunch with coworkers. It's basically a way of saying "oh no sorry I don't want to join, it's not because I hate you all (but I might) I'm just a massive weirdo" without needing to say anything.

Replies From View

Dex Sawash

Stirred a pack of instant oats in a glass of oat milk last week. Was like necking a pint of tasty chilled vomit.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Memorex MP3 on May 31, 2022, 01:09:23 PMI used to do this (ie eat a massive bowl if I didn't have the time for something else), cheaper for sure but drastically less convenient or versatile and definitely not as easy to process (rather than not feeling hungry I would feel like I had a massive lump of porridge in me, probably more to do with less flexibility over how to split out the portions than anything else)

I'd say a lot of people pay the £2 purely to avoid various work bullshit around their lunch.
Like, I remember one guy used to get his lunch in tesco cos it was cheaper but every lunch the pret/food-truck crew would start asking him about his tesco lunch. It wasn't mean spirited or anything but ultimately just showed the amount of pressure to conform.
I think the real thing a lot of people that have Huel for lunch are opting out of is the misery of going to lunch with coworkers. It's basically a way of saying "oh no sorry I don't want to join, it's not because I hate you all (but I might) I'm just a massive weirdo" without needing to say anything.

If I didn't want to eat with colleagues I just left or eat at my desk. Seems a bit of an over-engineered and grim solution to avoiding spending lunch with people you don't want to. Although looking forward to lunch (and hometime) has been what has got me through the day in some jobs.

poo

Anyone in a job that means they only have time for a cunt shake needs to get another job.

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on May 30, 2022, 11:56:56 PMIt was designed to fit in a sportsman's tracksuit pocket, which is why it is square.

Not quite, it's designed to fit in a sports coat or blazer pocket.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Just don't eat at work. Your body adapts so quickly and it's amazing. I did it for about 6 months (I think I eat 3 times in work during this time) doing a very manual, draining job and felt great and lost loads of weight. Scientists say that the energy you spend digesting food is always greater than what you get from the food.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on May 31, 2022, 03:36:18 PMJust don't eat at work. Your body adapts so quickly and it's amazing. I did it for about 6 months (I think I eat 3 times in work during this time) doing a very manual, draining job and felt great and lost loads of weight. Scientists say that the energy you spend digesting food is always greater than what you get from the food.

The Crumb

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on May 31, 2022, 03:36:18 PMJust don't eat at work. Your body adapts so quickly and it's amazing. I did it for about 6 months (I think I eat 3 times in work during this time) doing a very manual, draining job and felt great and lost loads of weight. Scientists say that the energy you spend digesting food is always greater than what you get from the food.

What caused you to stop?

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: The Crumb on May 31, 2022, 04:06:18 PMWhat caused you to stop?

Just wanted to lose weight.

Oh do you mean what caused me to stop the OMAD thing? I quit the job and went on holiday

JaDanketies

Definitely wouldn't think that drinking huel at your desk is healthy. At a minimum get up off your arse and walk around for 20 minutes. The healthiest times of my life have been the times when I moved around at lunchtime the most

Replies From View

HUEL

FOR HEALTH, DRINK IT AT YOUR DESK

touchingcloth

I went absolutely apeshit last time the prick serving me dilly-dallied at the Huel drive through.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Replies From View on May 31, 2022, 12:07:13 AMHow stupid.  Are roof tiles sporty, then?  If they are square, I mean.

Sorry to be pedantic, but very rarely would roof tiles be square, that is not a particularly useful shape for a tile to be

Replies From View

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on June 03, 2022, 05:53:30 AMSorry to be pedantic, but very rarely would roof tiles be square, that is not a particularly useful shape for a tile to be

If they are square, I said.

Choose some square roof tiles.  Are they sporty?  That's all I'm asking.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Replies From View on June 03, 2022, 06:48:45 AMIf they are square, I said.

Choose some square roof tiles.  Are they sporty?  That's all I'm asking.

Only square ones I can think of it now you mention it are the little cedar ones you might do a birdhouse or a hutch with, light weight, compact, easy to shape with hand tools- yes pretty sporty now you mention it

Replies From View

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on June 03, 2022, 07:45:27 AMOnly square ones I can think of it now you mention it are the little cedar ones you might do a birdhouse or a hutch with, light weight, compact, easy to shape with hand tools- yes pretty sporty now you mention it

Thank you that's all I was fucking asking

PlanktonSideburns

Happy to help, though you could have just googled this

holyzombiejesus

Just buy a bag of apples and some cashew nuts.

Replies From View

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on June 03, 2022, 07:47:34 AMHappy to help, though you could have just googled this

It just kept saying "mind your own business"

Replies From View

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on June 03, 2022, 08:44:47 AMJust buy a bag of apples and some cashew nuts.

Why not also have the cashew nuts in a bag.  Even in a separate bag

I just mean if you have, say, three apples and 50 cashews, but only one bag, why would prioritise bagging the apples rather than the cashews?

Replies From View

I don't think you're fully grasping how difficult it is to keep hold of 50 cashews when no bag is involved.