Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:05:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris Morris myths [split topic]

Started by DrumsAndWires, September 22, 2023, 07:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrumsAndWires

Quote from: Ciarán2 on July 31, 2006, 06:09:14 PMPeter Baynham said someone twigged during the recording of Brass Eye and refused to let the clip go out, but I can't remember who that was now...

Something I dislike - and I'm going off-topic a bit here - are some of the feedback reports. Especially that one on "On The Hour" when the guy says "I'd learn to accept it philosophically" and Morris sneerily replies "Oh yeah. You'd work it out in Nietzschean terms would you?" I don't like that really, the idea of a bunch of Oxbridge comedians sneering at the inability of the general public to read Nietzche or whatever.

morris went to bristol uni, he's not on oxbridge twat

fucking ponderous

Quote from: TJ on August 01, 2006, 05:36:16 PMI've always felt sorry for Rolf Harris - the one person who looks and sounds like he was actually genuinely concerned about the issue. He's certainly a stark contrast to the others who were duped by 'cake'.

I don't.

idunnosomename

lol makes the pointless necrobump worthwhile that

Kankurette

Quote from: TJ on August 01, 2006, 05:36:16 PMI've always felt sorry for Rolf Harris - the one person who looks and sounds like he was actually genuinely concerned about the issue. He's certainly a stark contrast to the others who were duped by 'cake'.
This has aged like milk.

neveragain

I think I saw TJ as a talking head on a Channel 5 clip show the other day. If he's who I think he is.

Oh, Nobody

Quote from: neveragain on September 22, 2023, 09:35:44 PMI think I saw TJ as a talking head on a Channel 5 clip show the other day. If he's who I think he is.

Britain's Clangers expert?

Ambient Sheep

I recently cracked open one of the last Blu-Rays Network ever released: The Intruder, an eight-part 1972 children's serial adapted by the same guy who did The Owl Service.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that TJ does a commentary on four of the episodes.

(Before you ask, the other four didn't have any at all.)

neveragain

madhair60

GMTV

Funny seeing a former forum big beast get a few minutes of fame in something so trivial.

A bit like Darrell and his singing malarkey, and then subsequent Stewart Lee conflict.

v00n

Quote from: Ciarán2 on July 27, 2006, 11:48:09 AMThe claim that he shouted "Christ's fat cock!" at Cliff Richard, but that's an obvious one I suppose.

"Cock naked" ak-shu-ally.

RottonRaddish

That Brasseye was highly influential.

It was brilliant but it ultimately failed because it's targets still haven't changed. The fact it is still relevant is testament to it's failure.

studpuppet

Quote from: v00n on September 28, 2023, 04:39:14 PM"Cock naked" ak-shu-ally.

Props - thread resurrection after seventeen years has to be some kind of record. Nice to see TJ Worthington feeling sorry for Rolf Harris a bit further up!

phantom_power

Quote from: RottonRaddish on September 28, 2023, 04:50:40 PMThat Brasseye was highly influential.

It was brilliant but it ultimately failed because it's targets still haven't changed. The fact it is still relevant is testament to it's failure.

I am not sure that influential is the same as successful, and there is probably different criteria of what success is depending on your point of view.

Johnny Yesno

The Late Satoru Iwata

Might as well use the thread for the stated purpose. It's the helium, isn't it? Especially the audio clip I once heard purporting to be an actual recording of the event but which sounded like it was actually achieved by fiddling with the tape speed,

Video Game Fan 2000

Daphne and Celeste being a Morris hoax, part of a film about music festivals
That No Way, No Way song being the basis for a Brass Eye episode on music and pop culture

both wishful thinking for a Bill Drummond/Chris Morris crossover. the Daphne and Celeste video looks very Brass Eye, which is odd because it came out years after both Brass Eye and the peak of Spice Girls knock offs

Proactive

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on October 02, 2023, 05:45:52 AMMight as well use the thread for the stated purpose. It's the helium, isn't it? Especially the audio clip I once heard purporting to be an actual recording of the event but which sounded like it was actually achieved by fiddling with the tape speed,

Adam Buxton asked him that on one of the two interviews he did with him. I can't remember exactly what Morris said about how the rumour started, but he basically said "Think about it, how could you realistically fill a studio with helium?".

Choci Loni

Quote from: DrumsAndWires on September 22, 2023, 07:16:42 PMmorris went to bristol uni, he's not on oxbridge twat

Quite a surprising bump!

I am the Ciaran2 who posted this originally and I stand by the original intention of the post, although obviously MASSIVE APOLOGIES for using Oxbridge as a stand-in term for "university educated".