Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:51:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Big Lebowski SE DVD - Info + LebowskiFest Clip

Started by hamburger3, July 18, 2005, 06:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hamburger3

Universal Studios Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of The Big Lebowski Collector's Edition for 18th October 2005. The Coen Bros. 1998 comedy classic starring Jeff Bridges as The Dude receives the special edition treatment from Universal this holiday season.

The all-new collector's edition release will be available in separate Widescreen and Full Screen editions priced at $19.98 SRP each, while the Widescreen version will also be available as part of a Gift Box priced at $49.98 SRP. Details are currently thin, but you can expect new bonus features and digitally remastered picture and sound while the "Achiever's Edition Gift Set" includes: The Big Lebowski Bowling Shammy Towel, Coasters that include photos and quotable lines from the movie and Photo Cards from Jeff Bridges' personal collection.

http://rapidshare.de/files/3156102/Lebowski.avi.html

Clip from the Lebowskifest West.

18.9mb - 4 min 55 Sec.

Ron Superior

Well, finally, here are the full details:

http://www.playusa.com/playusa.asp?page=title&r=R1&title=731699

Now, I've been excited about this ever since the ever helpful hamburger3's original post, and the tacky memorobilia is right up my street, but as for extras, sheesh.  The only extra material on here is a making-of documentary, which i'm guessing is the same one that was tacked on at the end of the VHS version.  

What's even more worrying is that it says the running time is 1 hour 38, when I'm sure the normal version is little under 2 hours.  It doesn't even mention that it's a remastered version of the film on this page.  Has anyone heard anything else about this?  I mean, play.com aren't bastions of definitive information but by this time they're normally pretty spot-on when it comes to extras.

This is may favourite film ever and for it to finally get a big fancy release is wonderful but the DVD extras are appalling.

Dark Sky

Quote from: "Ron Superior"What's even more worrying is that it says the running time is 1 hour 38, when I'm sure the normal version is little under 2 hours.  

My DVD copy says that it's 112 minutes...which is what...one hour fifty two?

It's probably just play.com being uninformative (there's a change)...  Is there a website for the publisher or something which would give more accurate details?  Or perhaps a Coen Brothers forum or something where they're talking about it?

Dark Sky

...unless there's just nothing to put up?

A lot of supposedly "new and exciting" DVDs are actually just rubbish with either rehashed extras, or piffly little things of uninterest.  Some people complain, "well, extras are just a bonus, you're paying for the film, aren't you", but obviously you're not if you already own a copy of the film...