Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,809
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:58:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedy from Merton to Enfield

Started by weirdbeard, September 25, 2005, 01:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weirdbeard

Anyone ever caught any episodes of this series showing on FTN of all channels?  It's a "Series which profiles six of the most successful comics to emerge from the London comedy scene during the 1980s and 90s" with episodes focusing on Paul Merton, Ben Elton, David Baddiel,Stephen Fry, Paul Whitehouse and Harry Enfield.   Just caught the Baddiel programme and it was quite a nice little programme, Baddiel talking about his career with plenty of clips from everything from Newman and Baddiel gigs to The Mary Whitehouse Expreience to Fantasy Football, to Unplanned.  Nothing to in-depth as it's only a 30 minute programme but I can think of much worse ways of spending 30 minutes of my time.

Rolodex Propaganda

*useless post*

Sounds good. When's it on next? Next saturday? Can't seem to find anything on the FTN website...

Thanks for posting this, wouldn't have found out about it otherwise.

weirdbeard

Well just looking through the schedules, it isn't due to be shown in the next couple of weeks.   Which is typical really isn't it?  It's bound to be shown again sooner or later though, I've seen the name of the programme in the schedules loads of times over the last few months but tonight was the first time I bothered to watch one.

Jemble Fred

It's a repeat for a few years ago, when it was only shown on London TV. I taped a few from the first series – in fact, I think the only one I haven't seen is Fry's. Baddiel's is the best, I;d say. They caught him on a good day, I think.