Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:13:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Breaking Bad - Season 5, Part 2 (starts August 11th)

Started by dr_christian_troy, June 05, 2013, 08:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hummingofevil

Quote from: VegaLA on July 23, 2013, 04:10:39 PM
Matt Smith beat him to it. As Bart Simpson, not Heisenberg. But still.

The same jock is Batchelor Party with Tom Hanks when they smuggle a donkey into the hotel dressed as a horse.

Any earlier examples?

Artemis

This is interesting... some journo gets a brief moment with Bob Odenkirk, and throws a really odd question at him, which implies he knows something about the final episode of the show. I'm convinced he doesn't have a clue, but watch Odenkirk's reaction...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf59375dBvI

up_the_hampipe

Now that's a "how the fuck did you know that?!" face if I ever saw one.

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: Artemis on July 23, 2013, 06:19:57 PM
This is interesting... some journo gets a brief moment with Bob Odenkirk, and throws a really odd question at him, which implies he knows something about the final episode of the show. I'm convinced he doesn't have a clue, but watch Odenkirk's reaction...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf59375dBvI

I think the journo is referring to this: http://flavorwire.com/newswire/heres-your-chance-to-watch-the-final-breaking-bad-with-aaron-paul-at-a-cemetery

Odenkirk's reaction is very strange, though.

Ja'moke

Obel

What if Bob wasn't aware about the final showing being in a cemetary? Did you see that pap guy, he looks like a maniac. Bob probably thought he was being threatened, that look could be confused for terror.

Hank Venture

Ahhh, forgot about this. Can't wait now, 11th of August!

Giving this thread a miss until then, already spoiled myself with the cold open thing, not doing that any more.

SteveDave

Now in my head it's going to be a showdown at a cemetery. God-damn you papman.

selectivememory

I need to force myself not to look at any spoiler info posted here, but I just wanted to say that I think is the most excited I've ever been for an upcoming TV series. I get a funny feeling in my gut just thinking about it.

Johnny Townmouse

Quote from: Obel on July 23, 2013, 08:04:08 PM
What if Bob wasn't aware about the final showing being in a cemetary? Did you see that pap guy, he looks like a maniac. Bob probably thought he was being threatened, that look could be confused for terror.

Yeah, I think he just gets momentarily freaked out by the mention of the word out of context.

Artemis

Personally, I trust that anything the writers are officially letting into the public domain is not in any way a Spoiler. They have a great track record of innuendo and misdirection. Case in point: this promo pic...

It could mean anything, but man oh man it gets me excited.

EDIT: Ever since I watched the Comic-Con footage, I can't look at Walt without thinking it's Cranston in a mask.

EDIT 2: Anna Gunn has lost a lot of weight, hasn't she.

TIAL

I have watched the whole thing so far on Netflix over the last couple of months. No idea how anyone could have started from the first air date and not gone crazy, but such is my new-found love for this show.

I've really enjoyed listening to 'Breaking Good'[nb]a fan podcast consisting of a detailed recap followed by listener feedback/theories. They end the show and then do spoilers so it's easy to cut it off before hand[/nb] and the Breaking Bad Insider Podcast[nb]Done by Gilligan, the editor and other folk involved in the show (sometimes one of the actors) - no speculation obviously but lots of insight in to how the episode was put together.[/nb] It really does add to the whole experience. Breaking good especially makes you think about some all the things you might have missed in each episode.

Basically I'm fucking excited for the final episodes. Anyone know if they'll be on UK Netflix the following day or will I have to 'acquire' them?

Ja'moke

Netflix UK are supposedly uploading the episodes soon after the US broadcast, more details of exact dates to be announced soon.

TIAL

Thanks Ja'moke. They could get themselves a tonne of hits if they get their act together and upload it for the UK the next morning. I'm sure it's not quite as simple as it sounds though!

TIAL

Looks like the new episodes are indeed coming out the day after!

Quote from: Netflix UK TwitterIt's almost time to cook - the final season of #BreakingBad is coming to Netflix on August 12. New episodes every Monday.

Excellent news. I suppose it's pushing it to ask for the follow-up 'Talking Bad' episodes to be released too.

Johnny Townmouse

This sounds quite petty, but I do hope they will be available in the morning. I'm not very good at waiting.

George Oscar Bluth II

That's absolutely brilliant news. I've been saying for years that if a service offered US pace TV I'd subscribe. And I do. Fantastic.

Obel

For you impatient folk, just install Media Hint add on into Firefox and you can access the US catalogue. Works like a charm!

George Oscar Bluth II

Yeah I have that too. US Netflix beats the shit out of UK Netflix.

Fairly sure they must know loads of people are doing it too, but they tolerate it cos they know it's good for business.

Old Nehamkin

US Netflix does have a much better catalogue than the UK one, but this next day release thing is just going to be in the UK, isn't it? Season 5A isn't even on the US Netflix yet even though it's been on the UK one for months and months.

QuoteThis sounds quite petty, but I do hope they will be available in the morning. I'm not very good at waiting.

Yeah, it's great that they're making them available but if they're not up in the morning I'm probably going to just keep torrenting it.

Johnny Townmouse

Quite right too. I imagine for the final episode I will be doing an all-nighter and doing the 5am download because the internetz are going to be spoilerific.

One stray observation - I still don't know what is going to happen in the final episode. One of the genius elements of the show is that they have set up all sorts of potential threats to Walt, and in resolution terms Skylar, Jesse and Hank all have equal rights to be the one to pull the trigger on him. Not to mention Walt Jnr, and people connected to Gus Fring. And the cancer. It really has become a genuine mystery, and there isn't even a guarantee that he will die at all!

Queneau

It would be great if he's shot in the first ten minutes of the next episode and then they continue without him.

Johnny Townmouse

Quote from: Queneau on July 26, 2013, 03:01:07 PM
It would be great if he's shot in the first ten minutes of the next episode and then they continue without him.

It does seem that the flash-forward is a strong indication that Hank is not going to act quickly, but when he does I still assume that Walt is going to go into witness protection. I don't know if the first episode is going to continue from the flash-forward or not (in literal terms I mean, the whole 8 episodes being a continuation of machine-gun Walt). I will be very surprised if there isn't a significant death in episode one - and I assume that will be a B-character (Walt Jnr, Marie, Holly...).

There are so many narrative strands still hanging and I don't see how they can resolve many of them to be honest. I suspect they are leaving the Gus Fring back-story out for now, even though that is a fascinating thread that was never resolved after the swimming pool massacre. Also, Walt's back-story being involved in the science company with his ex has always intrigued me greatly. What about the shooting of the boy by the train? Or Skylar's ex?

ArrghH!

TIAL

The BB cast accompany some winning charity bidders in the RV to the series premiere:
http://youtu.be/m1Fug_JKgy0
Fuck I hate to be sycophantic but they all seem like such decent people to hang out with. It must be such a thrill knowing you've made it to a show that people around the world love.
I find it very hard to imagine that Bryan Cranston is Hisenberg in this video but it's just another testament to his acting.

Artemis

Ha, that guy's expression at the start! He's completely overawed, bless him. I probably would be too. I love that they were included in the photoshoot at the end, too. They'd easily have understood if Vince and co. said 'do you mind if we do a cast photo for the press'? But they included them, in the centre of the shot. They do seem lovely, like a proper little family.

TIAL

"I'm so sad"
"I know"

Might be looking too much in to that (they might just be sad it's over) but I'm guessing a good few of them might die before this is over. They're referring to something.
[/wild speculation]

VegaLA

Quote from: TIAL on July 27, 2013, 01:31:32 AM

Fuck I hate to be sycophantic but they all seem like such decent people to hang out with. It must be such a thrill knowing you've made it to a show that people around the world love.
I find it very hard to imagine that Bryan Cranston is Hisenberg in this video but it's just another testament to his acting.

A friend of mine works for Sony and they had some BB party Wednesday night. He managed to snag a decent photo with him and posted it on his FB page which was then followed by quite a few jealous comments, one of which was mine! Jammy git.

Noodle Lizard

I've met them too, guys (except for Vince).  Jealous comments would be appreciated but silent jealousy is okay too.