Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:22:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glastonbury 2014: not as good as it used to be

Started by George Oscar Bluth II, September 16, 2013, 01:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepuffpastryhangman

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on September 18, 2013, 09:03:46 AM
he's like a one-man

You're forgetting he's part of a gang, or 'technique collective'.

I walked past Trent Bridge last week. Glimpsed some of the pitch and a few players. Robbing dog that I am.

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: thepuffpastryhangman on September 18, 2013, 09:15:51 AM
You're forgetting he's part of a gang, or 'technique collective'.

And that's the true spirit of the festival.

George Oscar Bluth II

Just realised I'm out of the country[nb]Because I'm an elitist who has the money for a weekend pissup in a foreign city once a year[/nb] on the Sunday.

FUCK THIS EARTH.

The rest of my crew[nb]Because I am an elitist blessed with "friends"[/nb] will have to come through for me I guess :(

CaledonianGonzo

QuoteMusic lovers could find it harder than ever to get a ticket for the next year's Glastonbury after record numbers registered for the festival's website.

Last year all 135,000 tickets sold out within two hours leaving hundreds of thousands of people disappointed.

But Michael Eavis says more than one million people have already registered to join the annual scramble for tickets which will go up by £5 this year.

He says the extra numbers registering is a substantial increase on those who had registered at the same point before the October 2012 online sale when this year's tickets sold out in 100 minutes.

Mr Eavis spoke to the Western Daily Press ahead of yesterday's announcement that 2014 tickets are to go one sale Sunday, October 6.

"Around one million people have already pre-registered," he said.

"That's a crazy number. I think people know the chances of getting a ticket are only around six to one but we have to make sure the tickets are apportioned fairly."

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/ll-tougher-festival-fans/story-19819131-detail/story.html

If he believed in the true spirit of the festival he would let all 1 million in causing horrific crushes and the festival to never be granted a license again. Sell out.

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: The Always Red Society on September 19, 2013, 05:27:47 PM
If he believed in the true spirit of the festival he would let all 1 million in causing horrific crushes and the festival to never be granted a license again. Sell out.

Though most of the casualties are likely to be involved with computer-owning cliques, so probably for the best.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: The Always Red Society on September 19, 2013, 05:27:47 PM

Indeed. The reason for the superfence and the strictly limited numbers is cos without them, the festival would have been consigned to history by Mendip Council about a decade ago.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on September 17, 2013, 05:15:11 PM
I like pphm's belief that tickets for events are some sort of human right or something.

He's right about this queue thing though. The queues should all form at sundown on a Friday, with the tickets sold on the Saturday. If there are any left repeat the process the following week. That'll make sure the right kind of people get them.

CaledonianGonzo

What about people so keen to ensure a place when the queue starts at Friday sunset that they start queuing on Thursday night?  Move them on with cattleprods?

Johnny Townmouse

I think they should just give the tickets to everyone who applied called Jamie. It's a unisex name and it would make the whole weekend really fun.

I can see it now, Mick Fleetwood standing up just before 'Big Love' and shouting "This goes out to Jamie!"

Everyone screams and laughs. CU of Mick tapping his sticks together, massive grin on his face.

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: Johnny Townmouse on September 19, 2013, 07:16:51 PM
I think they should just give the tickets to everyone who applied called Jamie. It's a unisex name and it would make the whole weekend really fun.

Nah - gives an unfair advantage to people who know about the UK Deed Poll Service technique.

thepuffpastryhangman

"You're name's not Jamie, you're not coming in."

CaledonianGonzo

My name is Jamie and so is my wife's.

Though I think Mr Townmouse is perhaps overestimating Mick Fleetwood's comic timing and general competence at public speaking.

Johnny Townmouse

I didn't think about the deed poll technique. Fuck.

Mick doesn't even start 'Big Love', he stops and says "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome to the stage, Miss Samantha Fox!!"

'Touch Me' kicks in...

CaledonianGonzo

My god!  You're right!  Why didn't I see it before?

thepuffpastryhangman

Johnny Townmouse

George Oscar Bluth II

thepuffpastryhangman

CaledonianGonzo

First lot of tickets go onsale tonight.

May The Green Manalishi (With the Two Prong Crown) be with you.

George Oscar Bluth II

Holding. Page. Refresh. Refresh. Refresh.

I blame the jews.

CaledonianGonzo

Bump FAO GOBII - still taking me straight in to the booking page.

thepuffpastryhangman

George Oscar Bluth II

I'm going! Not me, I just spent 20 minutes on the loading page, but someone else sorted me. Hurrah.

And thanks for the kind offer CG, much appreciated.

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: thepuffpastryhangman on October 03, 2013, 06:29:38 PM
And yer mates. The fellow techniquers.

We all got our tickets on Tuesday, so I'd imagine I'm the only one even looking at it..

My 'technique' in this instance was just to click on the site to see what happened and I was taken straight in to the booking page that I linked to above.