Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:52:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Apple misstep

Started by Olarrio, September 11, 2014, 08:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olarrio

Just logged into my iTunes and lo and behold, U2 are stinking up my "U" section without my consent. Bit rank that, isn't it? Additionally, it seems it can't be permanently deleted. Grubby. I was under the impression this would only occur for purchases of the new iphone.

No thank you Apple, you have turned ROTTEN. Rotten like a CARCASS.

alcoholic messiah

Quote from: Olarrio on September 11, 2014, 08:53:32 PM
No thank you Apple, you have turned ROTTEN. Rotten like a CARCASS.

You could almost say that they're rotten to the core.

bah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha

Nah, I'm just kidding.

Olarrio

Queneau

Not very appealing is it?

I hate Apple.

Big Jack McBastard

Ah so when they said on the radio that U2 have 'given away' their album to half a billion people, what they actually meant is they've forced it on everyone with an iTunes account.

Lol. Were I daft enough to use Apple in the first place I'd bin em but I'm not, so I can't.

Spiteface

Thankfully, I have the cloud stuff set to be hidden so I can't see it in my library.

SUCK IT, BONO.

mobias

To be fair U2 have been forcing themselves on millions of people for years.

Replies From View

Why didn't Apple just pick a decent band for this?  You'd think that much would have been obvious, but no it apparently didn't occur to them.

syntaxerror

Quote from: alcoholic messiah on September 11, 2014, 09:02:18 PM
You could almost say that they're rotten to the core.

bah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha

Nah, I'm just kidding.

Rotten to the edge loll good one mate

Blumf

Amusingly, my wife, who's a massive U2 fan, came home late that night, cursed them for lying about being at the Apple event[nb]Apparently they'd sworn blind they weren't going to do it[/nb], then proceeded to spend over half an hour trying to get iTunes to first, work (updates, blah blah, reboot, diddly-dum), then figure out how to download the album to her iPod.

Tell me again about how super easy to use and well made Apple products are.

I think it was easier to get that Aphex Twin album when it was released on Tor.

HappyTree

Tom Waits
Tricky
Tryo
Unkle
Van Halen

No U2. I win!

Oh, you have to have the cloud switched on. Never used it. I will never own a U2 album. I win again (Bee Gees).

olliebean

I bet this was Bono's idea, I bet he think he's doing the world a massively great philanthropic favour, and I bet it's never even occurred to him that anybody might not want his poxy album.

mook

the second most popular article on the beeb's news sidebar thing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/29157217

amnesiac

it's interesting though, imagine if the album contained swearing they wouldn't have been able to give it to anyone with iTunes (minimum age for this is 13yo), so this must've been communicated to the band, corporate mandated rock, utterly tainted.

Replies From View

Quote from: amnesiac on September 12, 2014, 09:38:50 AM
it's interesting though, imagine if the album contained swearing they wouldn't have been able to give it to anyone with iTunes (minimum age for this is 13yo), so this must've been communicated to the band, corporate mandated rock, utterly tainted.

Actual transcript of part of a secret meeting that genuinely took place

Apple:  "We're after something a bit...... shit."
U2:  "You've come to the right place!"

Blumf

Quote from: olliebean on September 12, 2014, 07:57:21 AM
I bet this was Bono's idea, I bet he think he's doing the world a massively great philanthropic favour, and I bet it's never even occurred to him that anybody might not want his poxy album.

Like all good U2 work, it's very tax efficient. They get to write it off as an expense under Irish corporate tax codes relating to disposal of sewage.

Their accountant is often referred to as the fifth U2'el (bad luck Dallas[nb]The things you pick up living with a U2 fan[/nb]), such is his creative input to the band.

momatt

So you can only see this album if you turn on the cloud in iTunes?  I don't even know how to do this, so ha ha.  Just use it as an mp3 player and no more.
Might be something to do with me refusing to update the software?  The new iTunes is so fucking awful it made me hate music for a few days.

FUCK YOU BONO, I HOPE YOU FUCKING DIE!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: mook on September 12, 2014, 08:20:02 AM
the second most popular article on the beeb's news sidebar thing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/29157217

Are Katy and Taylor 'enemies'?

The BBC cretins ask

checkoutgirl

If someone wanted to send a turd to the Apple head office, hypothetically speaking of course, where would they send it?

thenoise

Just do a dirty protest in one of their poncy stores.

hoverdonkey

Quote from: momatt on September 12, 2014, 11:00:29 AM
FUCK YOU BONO, I HOPE YOU FUCKING DIE!

I think you might be in luck.

Replies From View

I hope that BONO's name is printed one day in capital letters that are more square than usual, so that it looks like BOND on the sign, and people start calling him BOND from thenceforth and joking about whether he takes it shaken not stirred etc.

Olarrio

I didn't have a clue I had a cloud until U2 turned up on it, uninvited cunts that they are, and Darren Lyons leaked shots of my water-logged allotment.

Queneau

Quote from: checkoutgirl on September 12, 2014, 12:37:46 PM
If someone wanted to send a turd to the Apple head office, hypothetically speaking of course, where would they send it?

It might get confused with one of their products.

#ZING

Replies From View

Quote from: Olarrio on September 12, 2014, 09:57:36 PM
I didn't have a clue I had a cloud until U2 turned up on it

Haha slowcoach; I've known about farting since I was about six.

Artemis

JUST DELETE IT!!

Fucking hell, what's the big deal? Don't like it? Hide/delete it. If having a free album show up in your cloud gets you this wound up, you've totally lost the fucking plot. I'm no fan of U2 but the hysterical reaction this is getting (generally, not just here) is totally stupid.

Replies From View

Quote from: Artemis on September 13, 2014, 03:41:22 AM
JUST DELETE IT!!

Fucking hell, what's the big deal? Don't like it? Hide/delete it.

Quote from: Olarrio on September 11, 2014, 08:53:32 PM
Additionally, it seems it can't be permanently deleted.

Queneau

Quote from: Artemis on September 13, 2014, 03:41:22 AMFucking hell, what's the big deal? Don't like it? Hide/delete it. If having a free album show up in your cloud gets you this wound up, you've totally lost the fucking plot. I'm no fan of U2 but the hysterical reaction this is getting (generally, not just here) is totally stupid.

Really? Read that again. Just because it's free doesn't make it any less annoying. I don't know whether it can be deleted. Even if it can be it would still make me feel dirty. I don't much fancy the idea of someone coming round to my house and slipping a CD in between some of mine only to tell me, "it's okay, it's free." I don't want your shit however free it is. Get to fuck and stop interfering with my music collection.

hedgehog90

I've ranted and raved on here in the past about the unrelenting bollocks that is iTunes, an application that appears to be coded and designed by  12 year olds.
Well I just had a look at my iTunes (which I exclusively use for podcasts now, it couldn't handle the music without freezing for 10 minutes on startup) and there's nowt there. My purchases are empty.
They really can't do a fucking thing right can they Apple?

Fuck Apple, right in their horrid, maggot infested bite mark.

Onken