Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:32:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tokyo Olympics

Started by Fambo Number Mive, May 28, 2021, 03:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 18, 2021, 05:16:46 PM

I'm wondering whether some Olympic sportspeople won't be able to compete in their event because they will be isolating while it takes place.

You're gonna have to stick asterisks next to every event aren't you. Shambles.

PlanktonSideburns

What's some gaul comic character going to improve things much

mothman

Legend has it that, well, legendary amounts of shagging goes on in Olympic villages. Will there be this time? Especially given the standard room's bed is of a recyclable cardboard construction that can take the weight of "one person" (whether they're a gymnast or a weight lifter?), and no more, before collapsing...

Kankurette

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on July 19, 2021, 11:42:54 AM
What's some gaul comic character going to improve things much
Magic potion.

jobotic

Thomas Bach is as much of a cunt as Johnson or Bolsonaro.

Bringing Covid Bach

steve98

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 18, 2021, 06:42:24 PM
Sad news for the men's spitting competition. Was looking forward to that this time around, with Britain's Derek Berk in the form of his life.

There'll be all the time in the world for spitting once Covid's been defeated. The shepherd will tend his sheep, the valley will bloom anew, and Derek will get to spit internationally once again.

GMTV

Quote from: mothman on July 19, 2021, 12:06:01 PM
Legend has it that, well, legendary amounts of shagging goes on in Olympic villages. Will there be this time? Especially given the standard room's bed is of a recyclable cardboard construction that can take the weight of "one person" (whether they're a gymnast or a weight lifter?), and no more, before collapsing...

I think given the bed load constraint that'll put a stop to any intimate relations during the games

mothman

Yes, that was my point.

Chedney Honks

I would just shag someone on the floor if my cardboard bed is broken

BlodwynPig

Shagging on the pole vault mat

Pinball

Quote from: Chedney Honks on July 19, 2021, 06:04:12 PM
I would just shag someone on the floor if my cardboard bed is broken
Yep, mattress on the floor, bottle of energy drink, and let's fuck.

As Daley Thompson used to say "against the wall or not at all."

mothman

"Our eyes met over a pile of corrugated cardboard..." ❤️

Chedney Honks

Love the Japanese sense of humour tbf

mothman

There's always a pause for reflection in the middle of opening ceremonies. You know, like in London when Emelie Sande sang "Abide With Me" while that bloke danced with the sun. Only for Tokyo, it's going to be Lee Hurst doing five minutes of material about the 1972 Munich massacre.

idunnosomename

cant wait till Gojira shows up at the most inopportune moment

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 22, 2021, 10:21:32 PM
cant wait till Gojira shows up at the most inopportune moment

Made me imagine the band sidling awkwardly onto a tiny stage to audience silence

BlodwynPig

Just scrap these festivals of sport, cringeworthy

steveh

Assumed this was going to turn out to be a disaster but the precautions turn out to have held up well: https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/tokyo-has-shown-pandemic-can-be-beaten-games-health-adviser-says-2021-08-07/.

Fambo Number Mive

That's good, I have to admit I didn't expect that. Is it racist to say that people in Japan seem to be more sensible about public health precautions than the English? If the games had been in London in 2021 we'd get crowds of fuckwits trying to get into the stadiums to see the event.

chveik

Consignia

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 08, 2021, 02:04:15 PM
That's good, I have to admit I didn't expect that. Is it racist to say that people in Japan seem to be more sensible about public health precautions than the English?

Ehh... it's not really true that Japanese are more sensible about this stuff that those "freedom loving" Brits. The current states of emergency in Japan have little legal consequence, and night clubs and pubs are still getting packed. Eastern countries probably have a higher incidence of masking wearing, so that's probably dulled some of the worst effects of the pandemic there, alongside pretty much shutting the borders for 18 months.

George Oscar Bluth II

It's interesting that all the covid outbreaks were pre-games and once everyone got to Japan it was...fine? Fair play imo.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Consignia on August 09, 2021, 01:21:39 PM
Ehh... it's not really true that Japanese are more sensible about this stuff that those "freedom loving" Brits. The current states of emergency in Japan have little legal consequence, and night clubs and pubs are still getting packed. Eastern countries probably have a higher incidence of masking wearing, so that's probably dulled some of the worst effects of the pandemic there, alongside pretty much shutting the borders for 18 months.

Japan had relaxed most restrictions by last summer, according to my Japanese friend who was there when all this went down. Also one of the more "vaccine hesitant" countries, with under 40% of them fully vaxxed compared to 50% in the US, 60% in the UK.